The James Cromwell/ Captain George Stacy Thread

Reikowolf

Hyperphotonic
Reaction score
This is a character that may play an important role in SM3 or/and the next Spider-Man movies

I've always seen him as the Comish. Gordon of the Spidey universe

plus James Cromwell is a great actor

but the important piece is..

will he die?
and is that why sm3 is dark?
will gwenn hate SM in sm3?

my thoughts...

yes he will die, in battle between spidey and sandman, and gwen will hate spidey for this reason.

but they have to build him up first, maybe by some flash backs or some newspaper clippings. they just can't introduce him and kill him, otherwise it will mean nothing.

they got to do it like uncle ben, they built him up so that when he died it was a strong impact.

same should and has to be done with capt. stacy

James Cromwell is a great actor

The only problem is whenever I see him I get the urge to say

"That'll do pig, that'll do!"

wolfsfang said:
James Cromwell is a great actor

The only problem is whenever I see him I get the urge to say

"That'll do pig, that'll do!"

you too huh...

so what if she's kind of an anti mj

mj: loves spidey, loves pete (although it took her time to see that)
gwenn: loves pete, hates spidey

Reikowolf said:

but if she finds out who pete really is, it can really destroy her emotionally. even if he explains everything to her, she can still end up all messed up.

i mean look at harry, he found out that his best friend, his brother, is actually the man he wants to kill, who he thinks is responsible for his father's death. and its made him a little mad. he's not crazy, but he's starting to lose it as we saw at the end of spidey 2.

Reikowolf said:

Sean Adisano said:
but if she finds out who pete really is, it can really destroy her emotionally. even if he explains everything to her, she can still end up all messed up.

Would you guys like to bring this over to the Gwen thread? :O ;)

Robotchicken said:
i forgot who Captain Stacy is....LOL catch me up

Gwen's father...he dies in the comics when debris and s*** from a battle between Doc Ock and Spidey crushes him. Gwen blames Spidey for her father's death.

i'm gonna say not a major role, maybe just a couple scenes, maybe a dinner scene with Peter and Gwen and Cpt Stacy says something to Peter about being a hero or responsibility that rings home for spidey and Pete.

3fe3026044a52.jpg

that'll do pig....that'll do

when I first heard about Gwen and her father, being in this storyline.
the best way I could think of, of how to bring them in, (with trying to stay true to the comic) would be to have captain Stacy, being one of the passengers on the L train, who got injured, because he’s a cop, its on the news that he goes in the hospitable. peter hears about it, and tries to go visit him, to see how he’s doing (also, thinking that he probably knows who he really is, as the rest on the passages do.) when he goes there to see him, Gwen is there bed side with her father, peter tries to come up with some reason of why he’s there to tell her. They get to talking he confronts her know what its like to lose someone close (I.E. uncle Ben) well, there talking Stacy express her hate for spider-man blaming him for what happen.(very okward moment for peter)
And there’s the stacy’s intro. It’s simple, it plays in to the original storyline or captain stacy getting catch in the cross fires of the Spidey vs. Oct fight. And shows how peter meets gwen, and how they get to talking and spend time together. (also, as a added thing between them, peters afraid that her father might tell her that he is spider-man)

Reikowolf said:
This is a character that may play an important role in SM3 or/and the next Spider-Man movies

I've always seen him as the Comish. Gordon of the Spidey universe

plus James Cromwell is a great actor

but the important piece is..

will he die?
and is that why sm3 is dark?
will gwenn hate SM in sm3?

1. Very possible.
2. Think the movie is darker because of the progression of the goblin story line imo
3. If Captain Stacy dies as a result of being near when Spidey is fighting whoever then absolutely.

Babe is the only movie I remember him in as well. Could of sworn he was in a TV series for a short while, but cannot place it at all.

Jasmine said:
Babe is the only movie I remember him in as well. Could of sworn he was in a TV series for a short while, but cannot place it at all.

don't forget about his role in I robot,(even if he die in the first 10 min) he was also on that Six Feet Under show on HBO. and recently did a made for TV movie (concept plot for possible seires) called Avenger I think it was on TNT

u guys remember when Sam Rami was trying focus more on guilt of uncle bens death, i think he is going to use captain stacy as another father figure then he dies in a similar way uncle ben died.

ISHMAEL said:
u guys remember when Sam Rami was trying focus more on guilt of uncle bens death, i think he is going to use captain stacy as another father figure then he dies in a similar way uncle ben died.

another freaking father figure. I wonder if Topher is gonna be his father figure too. then him and sandman can fight each other for parental rights to spider-man. :)

Spider-Fan83 said:
don't forget about his role in I robot,(even if he die in the first 10 min) he was also on that Six Feet Under show on HBO. and recently did a made for TV movie (concept plot for possible seires) called Avenger I think it was on TNT

I'll have to check those out.:up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"