• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Carnage too violent for this series?

MrShifty

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you guys think they will put Carnage in this series? I think he might be a little too violent, keep in mind this IS a kid's show.

I think if they ever wanted to put him in it would have to be an even more toned down from the 90s series or they will wait until they can do some Direct to Tv movies and make it more mature (which I think they should do)

People get too caught up with the fact that this is a kid's television network and that SSM is supposed to be a kid's-only series. Remember Black Cat's line, "Don't get that goop in my hair?"; if they can get lines like that passed and into the series, showing a psychotic Cletus won't be too bad...they showed him in TAS, and it worked fine, imo, so I don't see why not add in Carnage to SSM.

Just as long as it's within a GOOD story and not have him taking orders from a giant head of fire.

yeah he should be introduced in a direct to dvd movie, but his human counterpart should be introduced like in the TAS as madman not as a serial killer..

Yea they could probably have cassidy show up in a later season and work it in some how he is a nut and all that, but i would rather wait to after the series for him to become carnage if they do do those mature dtd films they hope they will be able to do cause then if its a pg 13 rated thing it would work more more easily and all that. But on another note didnt Greg say somewhere he isnt a fan of carnage and we are not likely to see him show up.

Normally, threads posted about Carnage around here never end well. But I will say this.

I like Carnage. But yes, he is a much too violent character. So he will always be watered down, much like he was in TAS where he just stole a persons lifeforce for old flame head. Personally I would limit symbiote exposure only to Venom in the Spectacular Spider-Man, because really, I want them to focus on this character. Because I really don't want Venom overused again like in the comics, he works better in small doses. After all, Carnage was created to battle the "Lethal Protector". And at this moment in time, we don't know if Venom will be a villain, or anti-hero. I'm leaning towards villain.

Don't even get me started on the the skittle symbiotes from lethal protector, Hybrid, Toxin and those Venom clones. All unnecessary rip-offs of the original Venom. Like I said, limit it only to Venom. I feel things will be better that way.

If Carnage must appear, save him for the straight to DVDs.

I don't like Carnage, so I'm hoping he doesn't appear. That being said, Carnage was created to make Venom look good and pave the way for lethal protector. If Venom remains a villain, and I suspect he will, there is no need for Carnage.

I think he could work in this show even without the blood. That is if he is actually in the show though.

Normally, threads posted about Carnage around here never end well. But I will say this.

I like Carnage. But yes, he is a much too violent character. So he will always be watered down, much like he was in TAS where he just stole a persons lifeforce for old flame head. Personally I would limit symbiote exposure only to Venom in the Spectacular Spider-Man, because really, I want them to focus on this character. Because I really don't want Venom overused again like in the comics, he works better in small doses. After all, Carnage was created to battle the "Lethal Protector". And at this moment in time, we don't know if Venom will be a villain, or anti-hero. I'm leaning towards villain.

Don't even get me started on the the skittle symbiotes from lethal protector, Hybrid, Toxin and those Venom clones. All unnecessary rip-offs of the original Venom. Like I said, limit it only to Venom. I feel things will be better that way.

i feel ya dude..:woot:

Yeah I think they could get away with Carnage. He would have to be toned-down though - to the point where it just might not be worth including him.

DTDVD would be great for Carnage so that they can get away with him being violent.

and if u don't like carnage well...
"Listen all you fools...don't u know that CARNAGE RULES..
Told you once I won't tell you twice

hear my plea and pay my price"

awesome song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YT]cuFTX3W416g[/YT]

Carnage defines comics in the mid-to-late 1990s for the most part: Visually stunning...and shallow, vapid, poorly written and gratuitously violent.

So my answer is an obvious no. :p

Carnage defines comics in the mid-to-late 1990s for the most part: Visually stunning...and shallow, vapid, poorly written and gratuitously violent.

So my answer is an obvious no. :p
and my reply is:
watch music video in previous post :)

Pros and Cons.

Pros:
Carnage is not someone Spidey can combat alone. this would give an opportunity to assemble a team of heroes to fight alongside Spidey.

This could give us a moment to see Peter and Eddie work together again. (they were initially friends in the series.)

Cons: Carnage doesn't have an interesting background. he's just a one trick pony. kill kill kill.

Even though this show is allowed to do MUCH more than Spidey T.A.S. Carnage would STILL have to be watered down.

A DTD of carnage wouldn't have that much of a strong plot behind it. (big bad guy comes, kills people and stuff. Spidey ends up in a team. they beat carnage.) and we would miss out on stories like the death of gwen stacy. or The death of jean dewolfe (which i think would make for a GREAT DTD) and maaaan i wish they could do nothing can stop the juggernaut in a different way. i would love to see that on screen. but yes i know about the legal reasons...

Soooo i say don't get your hopes up for carnage.

carnage shouldn't show up till at least season three (if at all). how much symbiotes do people actually need to see?!

they have so many good ideas...that I think they can pull something for Carnage in this series.
even if it's just for one episode. Cletus gets the symbiote, fights Spidey, Spidey lose. Spidey find help, Spidey fight again and Carnage is ultimately defeated.
there won't be too much time to show Carnage killing. we could just see he causing a havok in the city. it would be more about him fighting Spidey.

and my reply is:
watch music video in previous post :)

That video sucked...I would rather see Carnage do the Soulja Boy/Superman Dance instead, haha.

But, I would love to see Carnage in SSM; just to see how he would look, and to see a Spidey/Venom team-up against Carnage, but we will probably find out if Carnage might be used on how "Nature vs. Nurture" ends...if the symbiote is taken back to space, there could be a chance we might get the spawn of Venom; if the symbiote is taken back to Dr. Connors lab, then they might just stick with Venom as the only symbiote villain.

That video sucked...I would rather see Carnage do the Soulja Boy/Superman Dance instead, haha.

But, I would love to see Carnage in SSM; just to see how he would look, and to see a Spidey/Venom team-up against Carnage, but we will probably find out if Carnage might be used on how "Nature vs. Nurture" ends...if the symbiote is taken back to space, there could be a chance we might get the spawn of Venom; if the symbiote is taken back to Dr. Connors lab, then they might just stick with Venom as the only symbiote villain.
the video itself wasn't the point. it was the sung
and actually there was a better music video but i think it's gone now.

Growing up in the 90s, I loved Carnage. Maximum Carnage was one of my favorite (and most frustrating) games ever. (damnit, why was there no saving?!).

I found like most fads of the 90s, that I outgrew carnage. It would be interesting to see what they would do with him in SSM. I'm sure it would be less watered down than the 90s series. but he would still have to be altered. Though with the clever writing and direction of the series, they might be able to pull it off without too much degradation.

Carnage was not that violent in 90's SM, so I think he would work here and would have amazing fights... but save him for further seasons, 3 or 4 maybe...

Sadly, Carnage, Kraven's Last Hunt, and anything of a maturity is lost on the world outside of comics for Spider-Man. I've hated Marvel for treating Spider-Man like a Disney property for well over a decade now--outside of comics. This pertains to both cartoons and movies. For I have always said that Spider-Man is a victim of his own success. He has such great stories to tell, that can't get told, because he's treated like DarkWing Duck.

It would be great to see a Spider-Man, that isn't child-oriented, close to the source material, but not afraid to be written with maturity or violence when need be. You have to understand how much is taking away from a cartoon/movie comic book property, when you can't have the basic fundamental elements that exist in almost every comic book.

If you can get away with it with The Simpsons, Futurama, King Of The Hill, Family Guy, etc., which kids watch all the time. Not that Spidey should be as dirty or function like these toons. But just imagine the things that they (Marvel/Sony) could do in a Spidey cartoon (or movie) without watering down his stories and characters.

If they can come up with a good story and a way to introduce Cletus and have him become Carnage then they should do it.

Even if he isn't the murderous Carnage from the comics, they can still show how crazy he is. I have my own idea of how to introduce him into the series if anyone wants to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"