The Last Jedi Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa (VIII)

Maryann Brandon, The Force Awakens Editor: &#8220;I know&#8230; It&#8217;s a weird thing that [hug between Rey and Leia], isn&#8217;t it? It&#8217;s like sometimes you&#8217;re working on a movie and there&#8217;s this thing that&#8217;s really powerful and you can&#8217;t really explain it. Like the hug between them is really powerful and you&#8217;re like, &#8216;Well, I didn&#8217;t see that coming.&#8217; The lack of Chewie at the end was a big discussion and I think you know we did the best we could because that&#8217;s what was shot and you&#8217;re absolutely 100% right like&#8230; your emotion is with Chewie because he&#8217;s like this great character who always saves the day. Ummm&#8230; <quiet> <laughs> You know it&#8217;s one of those&#8230; I mean we tried to cover it up. <laughs> But I guess the thing is what we tried to do is <gestures> have Chewie go with Finn to try and make sure Finn&#8217;s OK and Leia went for Rey. The whole idea there I think is that they have a special connection that they don&#8217;t even know about. There was an earlier idea at one point that Leia knows who [Rey] is. And we sort of took that out because it didn&#8217;t make any sense. Um&#8230; because we don&#8217;t know who she is! <laughter> So that&#8217;s what I&#8217;m talking about &#8211; you just kind of keep &#8211; things just evolve and you go, &#8216;that&#8217;s not a good idea, that is a good idea.&#8217; &#8216;Keep that,&#8217; or &#8216;Lose that&#8217;.&#8221; (May 15, 2016 - near end of video)

Had they shown a pair of closeups of Chewie tending to Finn and exchanging nods with Leia, it would've been more than ok. Ditto a POV shot of R2 spotting Rey and deciding to wake up instead of just doing it.

Had they shown a pair of closeups of Chewie tending to Finn and exchanging nods with Leia, it would've been more than ok. Ditto a POV shot of R2 spotting Rey and deciding to wake up instead of just doing it.

I think it could have been as simple as cutting to the Falcon's ramp, with Finn being carried out on the stretcher by the medical team, Rey at his side and you just hear the voice of one of them telling her to give them some space/he'll be okay. They leave frame, we're on Rey's face as she spots (long shot) Leia and Chewie parting from their hug, Chewie nodding sadly and walking away with his head down as Leia watches, lowers her head too... then brings it back up and turns as she senses Rey staring at her. Then the rest of the scene plays out as is.

Sure. Anything but giving Rey's "Mary Sue" detractors an easy argument against her.

Epicstream - Carrie Fisher Cuts Down New York Comic-Con Appearance Due to Star Wars Production

Carrie Fisher was originally slated to attend all four days of New York Comic-Con this year, but recently had to cut down her number of days in her appearance to Sunday only. According to the official NYCC social media pages, "Star Wars Production" is the reason for Fisher's schedule change.The most likely scenario is that Fisher will be doing reshoots for Episode VIII, which is a normal thing for films with big budgets to have.

http://epicstream.com/news/Carrie-F...ic-Con-Appearance-Due-to-Star-Wars-Production

51YzxTCsLFL._SY300_.jpg

I got the new Scholastic Princess Leia biography book.

The book is primarily based on other already released canon materials involving Leia - the original trilogy of movies, the prequel trilogy for her parents, The Force Awakens, the Moving Target book, the Bloodline book, Marvel's Princess Leia comic series, the The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy book, and her episode of Star Wars Rebels. In-universe, the biography takes place after Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Here's some relevant bits:

• In the introduction, General Leia Organa says that she'd rather not be talking about herself to the archival droid pestering her for information. She'd rather be doing things. This brief section is written from the first person POV of Leia.
  • There's a printed letter from Bail to Breha about a tragedy that had occurred involving the death of Senator Amidala that would affect the Organas in profound way - adopting Leia (Episode III).
  • Leia was in constant risk of being abducted as a child from the Organas because of their importance and wealth. (My note: this point is also brought up in The Princess, The Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy.)
  • During the medal ceremony (Episode IV), Leia appeared too unemotional to some of the Rebels following the destruction of Alderaan.
  • "If Leia struggled with grief - if she found herself often thinking of her missing planet and her dead parents - well, that was her business, and not something she shared with others." (pre-Episode V)
  • Leia's life is well documented except for her life after the Galactic Civil War.
  • Records about Leia as a mother and as a New Republic leader have gone missing and thought destroyed along with Hosnian Prime.
  • The lack of information about Leia means there's "no option but to speculate about many aspects of her life".
  • There's an image of General Leia doing the "talk to the hand" gesture to a droid.
  • Leia is known to be a private person, and has refused to fill in the missing records in the official record.
  • The biographers 'respect her privacy', and they decline to guess at what adventures are missing from the records.
  • The biographers say that they include only what is "verified" and is "known", and that is shortly after the battle of Endor she married Han Solo and had one child, a son they named Ben.
  • During "this time" it "was clear" that Leia dedicated herself to the New Republic while Han Solo pursued winning races across the galaxy.
  • "When the time seemed right", Ben's parents sent him away to be trained by Luke Skywalker.
  • Luke hoped to reestablish the Jedi Order, but Ben killed all the apprentices and left Luke's temple in flames.
  • Ben was seduced by the dark side and by the First Order. Like his grandfather, he took on a new name - Kylo Ren. He also like his grandfather became the apprentice to a powerful leader - for Kylo Ren it was Supreme Leader Snoke, leader of the First Order.
  • Luke abandoned the rebuilding of the Jedi Order and vanished.
  • There's an image of Darth Vader's melted helmet.
  • Leia was seen staggering and nearly collapsing by witnesses on the Resistance Base at the time of Han Solo's death at the hand of Kylo Ren, perhaps she felt it through the Force.
  • Leia sends Rey to find Luke Skywalker when they have the map.
  • Leia seems convinced that the Jedi - including her brother - will be key in rebuilding the Republic. History suggests Leia will have an important role herself, because Leia is many things - princess, mother, spy, general - and above all else - a fighter. (An image Leia's encounter with Rey outside the Millennium Falcon immediately follows this final text.)
As you may have noticed, the book created an in-universe justification for why it can't cover certain Leia specific things after Return of the Jedi.

Last edited:
Just read about this, apparently she is in critical condition. Hope she is ok :(

Don't you do this, 2016. Don't you dare. You've taken too much already.

My thoughts are with Carrie and her family. I hope she pulls through too.

My thoughts and prayers to her and family.

Update, but nothing new
Latest TMZ: 2:46 PM PT -- We're told when the plane landed paramedics worked on Carrie for 15 minutes with CPR before they were able to get a pulse. She's currently at UCLA Medical Center on a ventilator.

I really hope she pulls through and that her family's able to be by her side for however this turns out.

Not remotely an appropriate way to frame that.

CBC News just said that her brother says she's stabilized right now and out of the E.R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"