The Last Jedi Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa (VIII)

This is for the best like start the crawl with

General Leia Has Died

Write it into the plot & be done with it

The crawl for The Force Awakens started with

Luke Skywalker has vanished

So start the episode 9 crawl with

General Leia Has Died

Make it part of the plot

Also like how Luke was mentioned all through out The Force Awakens have the death of General Leia be the driving force of Episode 9 much like finding Luke was the driving force of The Force Awakens

Episode 9 could have a time jump by a few years. We could see in the film that Rey is looking back on all the people she's met and lost contact with (depending how her story is left off in TLJ)...maybe she tries reuniting with everyone and finds out Leia died heroically in battle some time ago.

I kinda like that idea.

Man it still is sad knowing that we will never see Carrie as Leia after TLJ. It broke me when news of her death followed by her mother was announced. It hit me in the feels. Like really hard. I got to meet Carrie a few years back and got her autograph. It will be a memory i will never forget...she was very pleasant and i am glad i had that honor of meeting her.

Carrie will always be Leia just like Leia will always be Carrie. One cannot live without the other but I know we haven't seen the last of our beloved princess and general. Not in any future films after TLJ considering it will be the last feature film we get to see Carrie as Leia but in other media. :)

vanityfair0004.jpg

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-four-covers

No reflection on the franchise’s four decades would be complete without a tribute to Carrie Fisher, who died in December 2016. This final cover features only her character, Leia—the general, princess, and rebel who has been a figure central to the Star Wars universe from the very outset.

Kamp’s story is filled with reflections from the cast and director Rian Johnson on the singular energy and warm enthusiasm Fisher brought to her Last Jedi role. And Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy reflects on the expanded role Leia was meant to play in the trilogy’s final installment.

Check back Wednesday for more from our exclusive The Last Jedi reveal.

That underlined part:csad: Curious to see what she can reveal about how they imagined her full story playing out.
Knowing we'll be watching her last scenes is going to wreck people all over again :cry:

Last edited:
vanityfair0004.jpg

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-four-covers

That underlined part:csad: Curious to see what she can reveal about how they imagined her full story playing out.
Knowing we'll be watching her last scenes is going to wreck people all over again :cry:

She looks great love her look from what we have seen so far.
I really am going to miss carrie aka leia in the last instalment. Just wish they would decide to cgi a part of her story to make it a real end for leia as a character.

I am sooooo happy she will have a big role in episode 8...... But dont know If i want to know what would have been. I say make leia origins Movie and cast Billie

The new generation of STAR WARS actors all remember Carrie Fisher fondly, not merely because she was an amazing woman, but also because she took the franchise's new stars under her wing and taught them how to deal with the sudden fame. After the sight of John Boyega in stormtrooper armor in THE FORCE AWAKENS' first teaser trailer prompted an unpleasant backlash from certain groups, Carrie Fisher had a few colourful words of encouragement for the young actor.

"I remember—and forgive me, I’m going to drop the f-bomb, but that’s just Carrie—she said, ‘Ah, boohoo, who f**kin’ cares? You just do you,’ Words like that give you strength. I bore witness in a million ways to her sharing her wisdom with Daisy too."

Daisy Ridley added that "Carrie lived her life the way she wanted to, never apologizing for anything, which is something I’m still learning. ‘Embarrassed’ is the wrong word, but there were times through it all when I felt like I was … shrinking. And she told me never to shrink away from it—that it should be enjoyed."

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/car...-front-and-center-in-star-wars-episode-ix-240

Carrie sounds like such a loving and caring person.

And now I am really sad.

Most likely after filming. She was pretty heavily watched while filming TFA.

Yeah. I get that it'd be good for closure as far as the family wanting to know how she died, if that's the case, but not great news at all.

No judgement here.

When you are an addict, you can't cure that kind of addiction. It stays with you for life. That's why you are always a recovering addict. The smallest thing can cause you to fall off the wagon.

My point is its extremely hard to curb that kind of addiction. It doesn't lessen her accomplishments or the great things she's done. I feel sorry for her that she was still having to deal those things after going back in the public eye again.

I simply hope that people in a similar position can take it as a cautionary tale and hopefully get the help they need before its too late.

And then you add in her being bi-polar. Carrie was fighting just so, so, so much in her life.

Yup, the drugs could've been her way of emotionally self-medicating. I'm not excusing it, but that's the struggle of addiction on top of having bi-polar disorder.

That's really sad. I had no idea she was having those troubles again.

I have a brother that is bi-polar, and I totally understand the struggles that Carrie went through. You really can't make sense of it, and it's so tragic, but when people can't regulate their moods, they self medicate. For different people it takes effect in different ways, for my brother it was drinking and gambling, for Carrie it was drugs.

I had thought she had been sober for some time, but no one really knows. My brother had multiple relapses. He had a two year period of sobriety and then totally collapsed in one day, when his girlfriend left him.

This is just such a tragic story, but I pray that people who suffer from this disorder get help. This is a treatable disease, but just like a diabetic need insulin, people with bi-polar must get proper drugs to balance their moods. Watch for warning signs in people of large mood swings and impulsive types of behavior (like spending outrageous amounts of money at a time, or consuming mass quantities of alcohol drugs), followed by periods of severe depression.

I pray for Billie that she was fortunate to not have inherited this disease. I feel so bad for her, she has been grieving and for this to come out in the press only months later. My prayers go out to her.

Jesus! That's a lot of drugs.

Unfortunately for people with bi-polar disorder, where it's just a huge binge fest. They can often go through long periods of sobriety, and then just go into a huge binge fest. This is just so sad, but not uncommon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"