Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ian mckellens magneto seems abit more like a grandfather to play father to kids in there 20s so im guessing it will be the 70s

If thats the case then of course that causes problems. If they want that connection they better bring in Wanda as well. I honestly think they are gonna ditch all relations and he is showing up just for powers, if they are not having him in the present time.

Hope thats not the case and a deal has been made though. I see nothing but positives there.

And then, Quicksilver might not be Magneto's son in DOFP even if it is set in the 70's. Magneto could view him as a son, but not a blood son.

Fassbender is 36, Peters in 26. I dont think they will be Father Son.

Working together is wonderful, if Disney/Marvel never wants the rights to the X-Men back. Because of horribly lopsided deals struck back in the 90s, Marvel takes in a miniscule amount of the profits from X-Men films - I've heard it rumored at < 5%, which given studio accounting means that they have basically given the rights away for nothing.

Because of this, it is in the best interests of Disney for the X-Men movies to fail, which is why you won't see stores filled with film merchandise for X-Men (or the FF) like you see with Spider-man or MCU films. Despite negotiating horrid deals, Marvel held onto control of the merchandise rights for all of their properties.

This move is an interesting one by FOX, but it could backfire. If this is a late addition to the script, Singer may be just setting up a character for Whedon to knock it out of the park.

Even if Marvel makes <5%, that's still more money for Marvel. And it would be far more beneficial for Marvel it it was making <5% of $700 million as opposed to $300 million.

If Marvel and Fox work out a deal, this might benefit both companies, especially if this move proves successful. This can open the door to more inter-company deals, between Fox and Marvel...and potentially between Sony as well.

I think the most important thing is to hear Marvel or Whedon make an official statement before we make too many assumptions. For all we know, Whedon and Singer could've planned this all out together from the beginning. We don't know yet.

that would drive some fans nuts

It's better than how they treated the Rogue/Mystique/Nightcrawler relationship. Just saying, don't be surprised if they go that route. It's nothing new in this universe.

Now if they choose to make Quicksilver Magneto's son, then they could say that Magneto slept with a woman before the events of FC. That could make Pietro old enough by the 70's. At least 18.

Fassbender is 36, Peters in 26. I dont think they will be Father Son.

who said peters quicksilver will be playing 26 years old? he will probably be 16-18 or something

singer said he was a fast kid after all

its nothing new cast late 20s to be late teens

Last edited:
who said peters quicksilver will be playing 26 years old? he will probably be 18 or something

singer said he was a kid after all

So they are gonna explain all the ages in detail? Nothing was mentioned in FC and theres only a decade between the two actors. Not to mention they would have to explain this whole Father Son thing and bring in Wanda for fans not to be pissed. Theres already alot of thigs going on with 10+ big name characters. I personally don't think they are going there, and hes gonna be just another henchman like all the other X-films if hes in the past. I could very well be wrong...

So they are gonna explain all the ages in detail? Nothing was mentioned in FC and theres only a decade between the two actors. Not to mention they would have to explain this when alot of thigs are already going on with 10+ big name characters. I personally don't think they are going there, and hes gonna be just another henchman like all the other X-films if hes in the past. I could very well be wrong...

as i said if he is just a hench man it will drive fans nuts

open up more criticism for wasting the character, but who knows

So they are gonna explain all the ages in detail? Nothing was mentioned in FC and theres only a decade between the two actors. Not to mention they would have to explain this whole Father Son thing and bring in Wanda for fans not to be pissed. Theres already alot of thigs going on with 10+ big name characters. I personally don't think they are going there, and hes gonna be just another henchman like all the other X-films if hes in the past. I could very well be wrong...

Quicksilver could be the son that Magneto never knew he had. It's possible he and some woman got together before the events of FC.

as i said if he is just a hench man it will drive fans nuts

open up more criticism for wasting the character

I agree and Im not for that happening. But look at Havok and Emma. Pretty wasted.

Quicksilver belongs in the X-men movies more so, in my opinion, He is Magnetos Son. I think they may address this in the 70s, as Peters can pull off a younger style, and Fassbender can be portrayed as older, they don't have tone their real life ages.

And It makes sense if Quicksilver does show up in Avengers, he could be older, in his 40s or so,(I'm not doing exact math, just guessing) and it would work out with how McKellan is portrayed in present day, being very old. IT works out in my head...

The only thing that doesn't work, is that If quicksilver really is in Avengers 2, and they are SOMEHOW connected.... it will beg the huge question to the general audience, that why aren't the other x-men involved? I say go all in, or nothing. Quicksilver can be involved with avengers, but not Wolverine or Beast? Especially since its all in New York, the existence/appearence of the X-men/mutants would be essential since they are such a huge button in society.

All in all, I don't think there will be a Link. Im not sure what Bryan has up his sleeve, it does seem more coincidental. I feel he WAS written in the script (and not a late edition) because the son angle with magneto brings something fresh to a Singer X-film. I feel like this was thought out more that we're led to believe either way.

And It makes sense if Quicksilver does show up in Avengers, he could be older, in his 40s or so,(I'm not doing exact math, just guessing) and it would work out with how McKellan is portrayed in present day, being very old. IT works out in my head...

Saoirse Ronan was said to be the basis for what they are going with Wanda in Avengers 2. Since they are twins, Id assume Quicksilver is also young in that film.

Last edited:
Magneto Is going to be nearly 40 In 1973 part of film.He was already In mid to last 20's In first Class.It's very eay to say sometime when he was young In 1950's he had a brief relationship that produced children that he didn't know about at time.

Magneto Is going to be nearly 40 In 1973 part of film.He was already In mid to last 20's In first Class.It's very eay to say sometime when he was young In 1950's he had a brief relationship that produced children that he didn't know about at time.

Oh come the heck on... I just said that twice. :cmad:

Even if Marvel makes <5%, that's still more money for Marvel. And it would be far more beneficial for Marvel it it was making <5% of $700 million as opposed to $300 million.

If Marvel and Fox work out a deal, this might benefit both companies, especially if this move proves successful. This can open the door to more inter-company deals, between Fox and Marvel...and potentially between Sony as well.

I think the most important thing is to hear Marvel or Whedon make an official statement before we make too many assumptions. For all we know, Whedon and Singer could've planned this all out together from the beginning. We don't know yet.

Marvel is having much more success at the box office than FOX's X-Men films, which have been in decline since 2006. Given Disney's past stance on IP rights, I can't see any reason whatsoever why they would help FOX make more money with their characters.

Quicksilver could be the son that Magneto never knew he had. It's possible he and some woman got together before the events of FC.

They could do that but I'll believe it when I see it. Those relationships and connections have never been focused on with other characters. This whole film is a question mark to me...anythings possible.

They could do that but I'll believe it when I see it. Those relationships and connections have never been focused on with other characters. This whole film is a question mark to me...anythings possible.

Yeah that's true. I honestly don't really expect a connection either, but like you said we'll see.

Okay so what if Scarlet Witch somehow brings herself and Quicksilver to the MCU reality? Would that be possible with her powers?

If they end on the 70's with Fassbender, just in case..... it would be awesome to me!

Fassbender playing a 40 years old Mag having two teenagers, that would be sooooooooooooo interesting, lol

I love it.

But on other hand.... to see both actors on both franchises would be really cool too, so....

its a hard issue, damm :D

If Quicksilver is going to be Magneto's son it is going to be one of those maury moments where he finds out "he is the father!" from a previous decades earlier relation.

The decade or so between films would not be enough time for magneto to have fathered a son played by a mid 20's actor.

Okay so what if Scarlet Witch somehow brings herself and Quicksilver to the MCU reality? Would that be possible with her powers?

that would be so gd meta. love it. They make their escape from the Fox U to the MCU midway through the 3rd Act via a wormhole.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no mention of Quicksilver being Magneto's son.

Rogue/Mystique/Nightcrawler
Professor Xavier/Juggernaut
Mystique/Azazel

But we'll see.

Good choice, but obviously surprising given the recent Avengers 2 news. I for one find it unlikely that there's any agreement between Fox and Marvel. More likely A2 will just feature an older actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"