Apocalypse Original Actors returning - Official Thread

Anna Paquin is more than a decent actress and totally worthy of playing Rogue. :dry:

Recasting her with a different actress isn't going to change a damn thing until the writers stop screwing over this character.

Yeah, the writing of the character is to blame there. Not the actress.

It's clear from the schedule they've set up for themselves that most of the movie will center around the past characters of Mystique/Wolverine/Xavier/Magneto.

You're being silly if you think that any of the future actors would have anything but a supporting role in the face of the Jennifers, Hughs, James, and Michaels of the world. Sad but true.

No what's silly is you're ignoring the facts that writers have come forward numerous times talking about how they have written larger plots for her. They never come to fruition because of her schedule or various other excuses.

So the writers are made to re-write these scenes or give them to other characters because of her schedule.

No what's silly is you're ignoring the facts that writers have come forward numerous times talking about how they have written larger plots for her. They never come to fruition because of her schedule or various other excuses.

So the writers are made to re-write these scenes or give them to other characters because of her schedule.

That's not what you said you said she's a terrible actress. There's a difference between being a terrible actress and one whose schedule doesn't allow her to fulfill other roles when she's committed to another. :huh:

Anna's a wonderful actress. The girl won an Oscar when she was just eleven years old! She's clearly gifted.

Fox does owe the fans Rogue though.

Imo, a solo movie would do. "Rogue" featuring Anna Paquin and Channing Tatum with a Jackman cameo and a tie-in to the Apocalypse arc and/or X-Force.

They could have Rogue "go rogue" on the X-Men to avenge Iceman's death (which could totally be revived in a later film since they're comic book films), on the way meeting a major character for the film, Gambit, and acquiring the MsMarvel powers, with the plot tying into Apoc/X-Force in the end

Last edited:

It doesn't change the fact that they completely scrapped her role in the film even after they filmed said scenes.

I love Bryan Singer...and as far as I'm concerned he's been the only one out of the directors who've helmed movies in this franchise (from Ratner, to Hood to Vaughn to Mangold) whose films I actually like, but he clearly wanted to focus on the past characters.

The series already got a reboot.That was In DOFP.Some have to accept that just as star trek fans of pretrek 2009 had to accept films are going to be star wars lite from now on.

DOFP was more sequel to FC than followup to other X-Men films with having wolverine interacting with FC cast and he and other OT characters to help sell film.Considering DOFP is highest grossing X-Men film overseas and WW It worked out pretty well

Rogue can't he like she was in animated show.They can't use the ms marvel powers.And rogue was with iceman in new future because that Is what Bryan Singer wanted since he had them together in his films.

The "Rogue Cut" is likely X-Men 1.5 all over again with preview of Apocalypse in some form as well as giving Original films fans a bone by showing the original version of future scenes with rogue.

There is good chance hugh jackman may be only member of original cast In APocalypse.I could be wrong on that but it's a good possibilty.

Considering the only thing moving forward they are bound to Is future ending of DOFP the obsession with a reboot is strange.It's already laregly been done.

The series already got a reboot.That was In DOFP.Some have to accept that just as star trek fans of pretrek 2009 had to accept films are going to be star wars lite from now on.

No just no.

I want everyone listed to return, to be honest. There's no need to recast anyone & I think it's been made clear with DOFP that they don't really have any intentions of doing so.

Having different actors to portray the younger versions doesn't negate that. The whole point of DOFP was to clear up the continuity so they could move forward amicably & not be held back by The Trash Stand & XMOW, not so they could clean house when it comes to the original cast.

I want everyone listed to return, to be honest. There's no need to recast anyone & I think it's been made clear with DOFP that they don't really have any intentions of doing so.

Having different actors to portray the younger versions doesn't negate that. The whole point of DOFP was to clear up the continuity so they could move forward amicably & not be held back by The Trash Stand & XMOW, not so they could clean house when it comes to the original cast.

They're not cleaning house, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they locked that house for good. Outside of a Wolverine 3, obviously. I don't see them moving forward with two X-Men casts.

Some kind of flashforward scene set in Genosha would be a nice way to see some of the original actors again. Magneto with Quicksilver, Wanda and the X-Men (new and old) by his side celebrating mutant prosperity in front of hundreds of mutants. And all seems well until we're introduced to a man called Nathaniel Essex.... roll credits.:woot:

Does anyone know what happened to the thread "Is Singer Returning... etc. etc."? There was a conversation going on about future X-Men directors but I can't access it anymore.

I was just going to suggest French director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, creator of Amélie & Délicatessen. He doesn't enter the action realm but he does have a good take on comic books and dark themes, so I wonder what he'd do with an X-Film (or an X-episode down the line, idk).

Other cool ones I liked were Alfonso Cuarón & Christopher Nolan. Someone also recommended the director for Dredd so I went and watched it and thought, hey, is there a second one? :p It wasn't bad.

I would love Cuaron or DelToro to take over. Cuaron hate doing franchises and long term franchise commitments. DelToro is always working on personal projects and other than Hellboy he doesn't seem interested in doing any big franchises.

Nolan would be a shoe in as his style is very similar to Bryan Singer. Doubt he'll want to do anything Superhero'ish anymore. That's why he took such a back seat with Man of Steel.

Jean-Pierre Jeunet is responsible for Alien:Resurrection which many fanboys have not forgiven him for. I also don't think he's a good fit for an dark action film like X-MEN.

^Yeah, other fans had other suggestions, too. but I don't mean for any of them to take over the franchise. I just think it'd be cool if they made a film or two, since they're probably planning quite a few. Kind of how Cuarón only did Harry Potter #3 (of 7).

A Cuaron directed X-film would be a dream.

I'll still stand by my first choice of Rian Johnson as a director I would want for an X-Men film. And then Cary Joji Fukunaga as my second! Though, Johnson is the only one who has directed anything remotely action-y while Fukunaga has done more dramatic work in film and TV (Jane Eyre, True Detective)

Problem with Rian and Cary is they have no experience in handling a huge ensemble. They also have no action film experience. I think both could handle the dramatic scenes and possibly the dark tones but I feel they are too 'green' to take over the reigns for this production.

Even Vaughn's version of the X-Men wasn't great. Miles better than Ratner but still not that great and he had help from Singer.

If we could have two (Cuaron or DelToro) of the Three Amigos take over this franchise, that would be incredible. Both have exhibited strengths in handling a film like this. It would be a pipe dream but a Cuaron/DelToro Duology would be an amazing dream.

Those are the only two I can think if that might be great fits to supercede Singer.

Problem with Rian and Cary is they have no experience in handling a huge ensemble. They also have no action film experience. I think both could handle the dramatic scenes and possibly the dark tones but I feel they are too 'green' to take over the reigns for this production.

Rian Johnson Directed Looper which had plenty of Action. And had scenes with characters who had powers much like the X-Men, it was awesome.

He landed the most high profile Sci Fi Action series one can get.

Last edited:
This thread can pretty much be abanded.It's pretty sure now hugh Jackman
will be only original trilogy actor in Apocalypse after Patrick stewart said neither him nor Ian Mckellen will be In Apocalypse.

If another original trilogy actor besides Jackman was going to be In Apocalypse it would most likely have been Stewart.

Oh well I wasnt expecting them to appear in this film so nothing shocking.

In addition to announcing that neither he nor McKellen would be back, why would he also say that he had learned "quite a lot more of it [Apocalypse] last night"??? It seems to me Patrick's in touch with Fox & co. but, if he's not in the next installment, then he must be learning something else from them in addition to not being in Apocalypse, right? Hint, hint.

Quote:
"Nor is Sir Ian McKellen, either. I was learning quite a lot more about it last night, and it is going to be looking very much at the earlier lives of all our characters. And so I don’t think we’ll be making an appearance."

I might be reading too much into this but my point is that he shouldn't be learning any film details if he's not to be in further installments. Is X5 coming???

Last edited:
Obviously he is still in touch with the producers...

I think Fox has a lot of plans for the X-Men... does that include X-Men 5??? We shall know in the next few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"