Apocalypse Original Actors returning - Official Thread

I might be reading too much into this but my point is that he shouldn't be learning any film details if he's not to be in further installments. Is X5 coming???

Why can't he learn details about the film? Why would he ONLY be learning details if it pertained to future sequels? He is freinds with these guys. It seems natural that he is gonna learn a few things before most.

Patrick Stewart learned about Apocalypse straight from Bryan Singer himself. Bryan posted this picture on his instagram thursday night...

10890974_819427718116722_1100770386_n.jpg

It had nothing to do with X-Men. They're close friends and I'm pretty sure Singer was who Stewart was referring to, as to who he heard Apocalypse details from.

I might be reading too much into this but my point is that he shouldn't be learning any film details if he's not to be in further installments. Is X5 coming???

What would learning about the next film set in the 80s which is 30 years before the happy future scene in DOFP mean to an X5? in the end learning stuff about the next film means nothing either way

Nah, you're right... I'm just a crazed fan. He's just their buddy.
But since when does Stewart wear glasses?

Well,this is pretty disappointing to me. I guess the Original Cast is done for all intents. I can kinda see the problem.How do you do another film that spans two different time periods without feeling like a poor retread of DOFP? Still,they need to get on another OC film if they intend one.(Which I'm doubtful will actually happen at this point)The cast (Stewart & McKellen in particular) won't be up to it forever.

Watching the first X-flick on AMC now. Man, it's been a while since Paquin looked like that. I do want to see her come back.

I didn't know people were actually expecting the older cast to come back besides Jackman :huh:

This is the last contractual movie for First Class bunch I believe (McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, Hoult, Till).

Fox could do another X-Men movie with the older cast in a couple years although scheduling might be a bit tricky as some of them are leads on Tv shows.

A Cuaron directed X-film would be a dream.

Watching Jack Reacher & Ghost Protocol on the weekend, I'm gonna throw another name out: Christopher McQuarrie. When the time comes Singer won't be able to direct any X-men movies, I think his is the only name I want.

Wasn't a fan of Vaughn's First Class, nor Mangold's The Wolverine. The less said about Ratner's TLS and Hood's Origins the better.

McQuarrie wrote Edge of Tomorrow, Valkyrie and The Usual Suspects. He's friends with Bryan and helped with the draft for X-men iirc.

After seeing Kingsman: The Secret Service last week, I really want Vaughn to direct another X-film. I just love his directing style and loved how he made First Class into a James Bond-esque movie with mutants.

Had that same type of directing in Kingsman and it's just perfect. You can tell he has fun being a director.

He's not gonna be doing anything franchise based unless they give him Cate Blanchett with the production.

After seeing Kingsman: The Secret Service last week, I really want Vaughn to direct another X-film. I just love his directing style and loved how he made First Class into a James Bond-esque movie with mutants.

Had that same type of directing in Kingsman and it's just perfect. You can tell he has fun being a director.

He's gonna leave the production last minute. LOL

When he does like this one off **** that Millar writes, it works because they're buddies and know the deal, and Fox just lets them do their thing. Now if you're trying to get him on board with the MCU or some ****, well...you may have another Edgar Wright scenario. Some kids just don't play well with the brass.

Vaughn is a millionaire son of an English aristocrat and is married is to supermodel Claudia Schiffer.

No wonder Vaughn has a take it or leave it view on making movies.

I admit if they wanted to give him Deadpool, I'd be fine with it.

Tim Miller is still attached to direct Deadpool as far as I know.

Yeah he is.

Maybe they did and we just didn't hear about it but I think it's odd Fox didn't offer Vaughn it. He's probably done the closest movie in tone to Deadpool with Kick Ass. And clearly has a thing for comedic, overly violent and stylized films.

Watching Jack Reacher & Ghost Protocol on the weekend, I'm gonna throw another name out: Christopher McQuarrie. When the time comes Singer won't be able to direct any X-men movies, I think his is the only name I want.

Wasn't a fan of Vaughn's First Class, nor Mangold's The Wolverine. The less said about Ratner's TLS and Hood's Origins the better.

McQuarrie wrote Edge of Tomorrow, Valkyrie and The Usual Suspects. He's friends with Bryan and helped with the draft for X-men iirc.

Chris McQuarrie crossed my mind as well.

Great choice actually. He's part of Singer's inner circle (they've known each other since high school), Oscar winning writer and his career as an a-list director is about to take off. Tom Cruise loves working with him, which is why he hired him to direct Jack Reacher and Mission: Impossible 5. He also wrote the original script for The Wolverine, which was much better than the final film.

Michael Dougherty's another choice. He co-wrote Apocalypse and is currently directing his second feature film for Legendary.

Jack Reacher sucked. But McQuarrie is awesome. Way OF The Gun is a very underrated flick. One of the best shootouts I've seen, and that scene with Silverman is friggin hilarious. Fantastic intro.

Jack Reacher sucked. But McQuarrie is awesome. Way OF The Gun is a very underrated flick. One of the best shootouts I've seen, and that scene with Silverman is friggin hilarious. Fantastic intro.

Was thinking about this as I rewatched Jack Reacher.

To me:

Jack Reacher > Edge of Tomorrow :cwink:

LOl what. I couldn't keep my attention watching Jack Reacher. Edge of Tomorrow: Live Die Repeat was cool!

It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Afterall it's still technically got a Fresh rating on RT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"