Apocalypse THE EVAN PETERS / QUICKSILVER LOUNGE - "Take it slow, Peter"

And his powers seem more like time-slowing than actual speed. Because there are times when he's just stopped and not even moving but everything is still going slow

Singer just chooses to show how the world looks like from Peter's perspective, so of course time looks like it's slowing down. Kinda like how AoU had a few similar moments with their Quicksilver where things slowed down to show Pietro moving at a normal pace.

Also Evan Peters is almost 30. So if he looks "old" then it's probably because he's not a kid like the rest of the cast.

He still looks young to me. And if he looked older, then good, since Apocalypse was set 10 years after Days of Future Past.

And his powers seem more like time-slowing than actual speed. Because there are times when he's just stopped and not even moving but everything is still going slow
even when he appears to be standing still he is still vibrating his molecules at a much faster frequency then everything else therefore he never actually stops

I liked his personality here but his level of power was absurd.

Him being able to do what could easily be at least half an hour of work in a fraction of a second, without getting tired, makes him so far beyond the others that many things involving make no sense. Apocalypse should not have been able to deal with him like he did. So what that he locked down his foot. He could have read a couple of novels before punching his way free (we saw that you could just destroy the melded material and when in speed he's at least as strong as Beast) and have plenty of time to spare before Apocalypse got to him. Then again Apocalypse could just have vaporized him, and the rest of the guys, so we can call that a draw.

He's not the only very powerful character but I guess I'm reacting more when it's a speedster since they often tend not to work even in comic book logic.

His first speed sequence wasn't impressive, the audience didn't even laugh, but for his second one at the end we all laughed and enjoyed that one better.

The first Quicksilver sequence felt cheap and derivative. It was more embarrassing then funny.

Loved all the Quicksilver scenes. Evan Peters rules. The crowd I was with really liked him.

HATE this character now.

His scenes were funny in his first film, but this time they felt forced and gimmicky. The mansion rescue was overlong and I didn't even crack a smile. We already saw this before!

The Magneto/father storyline was so forced and underdeveloped I don't know why anyone would care at all. LOL at that being what's supposed to give him depth as a character instead of just being a gimmick.

Evan Peters is like the anti-Jennifer Lawrence in this franchise. While people complain that Mystique is being forced down our throats for the sake of Lawrence screen-time, Quicksilver was a last minute addition to DOFP (and an unpopular one from MCU fans) whose role in the franchise has expanded purely because of the overwhelmingly positive reception he's experienced. That's pretty awesome.

That said, his expanded role was pretty weak, lol. The idea that a character could literally move so fast, but is figuratively stuck in place in his life is cute; but it didn't sell what is to me the most jarring age-discrepancy in the franchise. It's been 10 years guys. Why is he exactly the same as he was when we last saw him? Surely you could have at least had some fun with his 80's costuming? How old is he exactly? He came across as an incredibly juvenille 20 year old in DOFP. A man-child in his 30's just isn't a good look. Maybe this comes off as petty, or nitpicking. Characters not aging as they should does bother me a lot, so your tolerance may vary. It is particularly off-putting in Peter's case because it's such a dramatic jump and he didn't change even a little bit.

If I struggle past that, I quite like his small arc about confronting his unknowing father. It fit the theme of the film, and sat well alongside Magneto's own family woes. I don't get why he didn't reveal the truth at the end. It comes across as incredibly cowardly after the build up, especially when telling Erik might have helped talk him down and you know, SAVE THE WORLD.

I thought Peter would've been spending the last decade actually searching for his father prior to watching the film, which would've helped with them man child bit which I found jarring as well. They poke fun of it, but it wouldn't have been hard at all for Peter to have been like Logan at the beginning of X2. Just wandering out, searching for answers would've helped a lot. They cut out that scene of him where they reference his sister too in DOFP, so they could've both been searching or whatever in a newly rewritten scene or something. Or interacting with some of the older X-Men like Beast/Havok. At least Peter in this film is actually close to Evan's age now.

QS's addition is still much better than Vaughn's original idea of throwing the Juggernaut off a plane through the Pentagon and then throwing Wolverine after him. That was a good call by Singer and a smart casting decision too.

Last edited:
Still living in his mums basement after 10 years likely added to the comedic nature of his character as they really did play on his comedic personality after all

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"