Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hair means nothing anymore. even if an actor is receeding or losing it.

Hugh laurie - House partial wig
Christopher reeve - Superman III /IV wig
Sean Connery - James Bond Series -Wig

i wouldn't worry at all.

the hair means nothing anymore. even if an actor is receeding or losing it.

Hugh laurie - House partial wig
Christopher reeve - Superman III /IV wig
Sean Connery - James Bond Series -Wig

i wouldn't worry at all.

Was Christopher Reeve losing his hair in Superman III/ IV?

If anybody from WB / Snyder's camp is reading the posts on this forum, please change the look of Henry Cavill as Superman in the movie (man of Steel), give Cavill's Superman a spit curl, It is not too late to change that look.

Many Superman fans will be happy with the traditional spit curl look instead of slicked back look.

If anybody from WB / Snyder's camp is reading the posts on this forum, please change the look of Henry Cavill as Superman in the movie (man of Steel), give Cavill's Superman a spit curl, It is not too late to change that look.

Many Superman fans will be happy with the traditional spit curl look instead of slicked back look.
ummm no, this is Zack, i make more money than you, i don't listen to ants!

If they are filming Smallville/West Africa first, they can't cut his hair yet. The longer hair down in his face is going to help him look younger. When he arrives in Metropolis, he will probably have his hair shorter.

He suffered with allopetia. But he had a reaction to the hair dye.

Allopetia is different. Reeve's hairline was fine, but he was slowly losing patches of hair; and he hid that very well by combing over the affected areas. When he was much older, he just decided to shave it all off though.

They should have updated his hair. Maybe given him a crew cut or maybe even a Bon Jovi and styled facial hair.

His hair is definitely receding, without a shadow of a doubt.

In my early 20's I had a condition that made some of my hair fall out. Fortunately I got over it and it all grew back, but it did make me take note of hairlines/balding. HC temples show quite clearly, and quite a way back in many of his pics. The official Supes pic released shows clear recession.

Truthfully as sad as this sounds, this was my only worry when I heard he was cast. His face, eyes, expression all scream comic book Superman to me, but the hair...not so much. Whilst I don't think it's a problem for this particular movie, the rate it recedes could really be an issue for potential sequels.

A receding hairline will show maturity, which can be a good thing for our Superman. The flip side to that however, is that there are few things that will age a man quicker than a weak hairline. Given the glacial rate of development and production for this movie, it doesn't bode well. Assuming we get one, the absolute minimum time to get MoS 2 would be 2015. That's plenty of time for him to lose a bit more, but that really depends on his genes.

The thing he has going for him is that it's curly, and that hides a receeding hairline very well to the point of it not being noticeable form certain angles. Take Perry Cox from scrubs. Even before he started that 10 years ago or more his hairline had recessed very aggressively, however when he grew out the length it looked as though he had a full head of hair.

Infact the pic a few posts above me proves this exact point. Here you would never know that under the curls his hairline hides quite a way back. Slicking back the hair though, there is no hiding it..

I too really think they should leave his hair how it is now, or was at comic con for Supes. It looks full, thick and the curl drops naturally it seems! The issue would be what to do for CK :huh:

Again, Superman has clearly been known to have a slightly receding hairline in the comics, as shown in these images below:

Jim_Lee_Superman.JPG

superman_jim_lee.jpg

char_111.jpg

Still, if what you say is true (that HC's hair may continue to recede a bit over the next couple of years), then perhaps Amy Adams' finicky detractors will find some comfort in the fact that Lois and Clark's age difference will be even less noticeable on screen as a result.

Last edited:
That's the Young Clark Kent hairstyle I think he will cut it when they start filming in Vancouver (Daily Planet).

That's the Young Clark Kent hairstyle I think he will cut it when they start filming in Vancouver (Daily Planet).

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that they will be filming in Chicago, not Vancouver

The receeding hairline in the comics works because the way Superman is drawn --- the distance from his eyebrows to the hairline is short and the forehead area is smaller than the cheek areas (great example are the Jim Lee drawings). The point is that it's all about the arrangement that comprise the face wherein Cavill's forehead is more prominent now that it was years ago. Couple of years more he will look like he's balding from the front :( Well, they're actors and are well able to afford hair transplant plugs ;)

The receeding hairline in the comics works because the way Superman is drawn --- the distance from his eyebrows to the hairline is short and the forehead area is smaller than the cheek areas (great example are the Jim Lee drawings). The point is that it's all about the arrangement that comprise the face wherein Cavill's forehead is more prominent now that it was years ago. Couple of years more he will look like he's balding from the front :( Well, they're actors and are well able to afford hair transplant plugs ;)

You don't know that for sure. As others have said, it all depends on his genes, diet, etc. And if this kind of thing really bothers people THAT MUCH, they should refrain from watching films with actual human beings (who are obviously prone to all manner of flaws).

Further, my point was simply that Superman is sometimes depicted as having a receding hairline. Why it "works" in the comics is not my concern.

Bottom line: HC still has plenty of hair. Instead of worrying about the future, let's focus on the present. Can we give the hairline thing a rest now?

The are obviously filming the Smallville scenes first, and although filming the scenes with the most special effects first would also be a good idea, its possible that for the rest of the sets to come together that the could be filming the Smallville scenes first. That allows Henry Cavill to continue to workout and get bigger, which is nothing new, Scorcese did that with DeNiro for Cape Fear and Raging Bull.

The hair is probably kept long for that reason. The Smallville scenes are filmed first. A longer haircut, with hair on his face, etc, helps to round out and soften his features enough to make him appear like a high school kid. In fact, I would assume that while he is still in West Africa, he will have the long hair. He probably will not be sporting the shorter "manlier" haircut until he arrives at Metropolis. That is just what I am guessing.

I apologize if someone else has posted this before. It's hard to keep track all the posts in most of the threads about MOS.

I just realized something after looking at the Orchard Community pics and the [BLACKOUT]tornado scene[/BLACKOUT] pics. The reason Cavill's hair looks weird/puffy on the fist costume pic is because he still had long hair and it was pulled back. As you have all noticed his hair length is similar to Tom Welling's when he played Clark Kent in Smallville. Cavill's hair hasn't been cut yet, so after realizing this I'm sure his hairstyle will look different when production begins shooting the Superman/Metropolis Clark Kent scenes.

I apologize if someone else has posted this before. It's hard to keep track all the posts in most of the threads about MOS.

I just realized something after looking at the Orchard Community pics and the [BLACKOUT]tornado scene[/BLACKOUT] pics. The reason Cavill's hair looks weird/puffy on the fist costume pic is because he still had long hair and it was pulled back. As you have all noticed his hair length is similar to Tom Welling's when he played Clark Kent in Smallville. Cavill's hair hasn't been cut yet, so after realizing this I'm sure his hairstyle will look different when production begins shooting the Superman/Metropolis Clark Kent scenes.
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. The "promo shot" was essentially taken while he had his hair grown out for young Clark. Older Clark will surely have shorter hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"