The Dark Knight So now that we have more info, what do you think of the Joker?

It'll be cool if the Joker gets crazier and crazier and more wild as the film goes on!

LOVE HIM. LOVE HIM. LOVE HIM.

I'm still not into the make-up idea, and hope the pink make-up is the plot twist - but even if it does turn out to be self applied I've learned over the weekend that I can get into this character.

Robbing girl scouts, sky writing "HA HA HA" in the air, a recording of somebody being tortured. And this is just him being playful, we got ourselves a Joker here.

I went for 8 - "Good, but missing a few things." As I think that him not having white skin is something that's he missing. But I'd ideally like to make my vote 8 and a half - "Excellent, but missing a few things," as what we've got do far of his look, voice and personality has just been great.

I still like the idea that we're being lead to believe his face is what is painted. Does that rumor still have traction or has it been shot down?

Everybody bringing Jack Nicholson up out of the blue and bashing him just to boost Ledger in your own petty little minds are all pathetic. Let sleeping dogs lie for Christ's sake.

I'm interested to see where they go with Heath. His nose is a little longer than I thought, which is cool. Gives him more of a Joker/harlequinish look.
Like his long hair too.

^ yeah it almost looks like he has a prosthetic on his chin too. chin and nose are pointier than they usually look

I went for 8 - "Good, but missing a few things." As I think that him not having white skin is something that's he missing. But I'd ideally like to make my vote 8 and a half - "Excellent, but missing a few things," as what we've got do far of his look, voice and personality has just been great.

My thoughts exactly. Completely agree.

i do think he's got a fake chin on cause if u look at the pic with him and Ms.dawes. where his chin is, theres more makeup caked on it.
but it could just be me.

^ yeah it almost looks like he has a prosthetic on his chin too. chin and nose are pointier than they usually look

Funny you say that. That's kinda what I was hoping for.

I'm not sure if he's wearing a prosthetic chin or not, it's hard to say because it's not over the top. If it is, it's a subtle addition.

You know...

I don't think the joker is going to be a very nice man.

Gosh I give him without a doubt a 10. I know I'm not the only person who's loved everything that's been given to me. I don't care for DC comics at all (let alone the movies), I'm a Marvel fan all teh way, but damn if these movie isn't getting me excited like I was for the 3 X-Men movies. I trust Nolan and love his take on Batman's world. And Heath Ledger, yeah wasn't who I was thinking (I was moreso thinking Paul Bettany or Adrian Brody) but lke someone said on the first page he got casted for the role for a reason ... the dude can act his ass off.

And I must say when I saw the Simpsons movie at midnight and the teaser came in, my heart almost jumped out when I heard him laugh. Gotta give the man mad props, I'm excited for this movie for sure and loving the Joker so far.

I'm still not into the make-up idea, and hope the pink make-up is the plot twist - but even if it does turn out to be self applied I've learned over the weekend that I can get into this character.

Robbing girl scouts, sky writing "HA HA HA" in the air, a recording of somebody being tortured. And this is just him being playful, we got ourselves a Joker here.

quoted for truth :up: :joker:

quoted for truth :up: :joker:

But this is just a marketing campaign at the end of the day, you know? Just a marketing company, a brillaint one though.

My point is... We won't know the joker till we see the film.

Character-wise, everything seems spot on and that's what's important. Appearance-wise, I'm not loving it, but I'm fairly certain we'll see Miranda's twist or something close to it.

First post on he hype. wOot

I'm thinking that this viral marketing is exactly the kind of Joker we've been waiting for. Sure some of us dotn like the look, but we've hardly seen anything except two partial images and a bunch of fuzzy set photos. I'd wait to judge the way this Joker looks until we get more to base it off of. But in terms of characterization, spot on! A job well done for Heath and Nolan.

First post on he hype. wOot

I'm thinking that this viral marketing is exactly the kind of Joker we've been waiting for. Sure some of us dotn like the look, but we've hardly seen anything except two partial images and a bunch of fuzzy set photos. I'd wait to judge the way this Joker looks until we get more to base it off of. But in terms of characterization, spot on! A job well done for Heath and Nolan.

Welcome to the Hype! Excellent first post :up:

I give it an 8, just because things are leaning towards him applying clown makeup, though there is a rumor of the twist being that he applies fleshtone makeup allover...but we'll see come July 2008.

Everything else sounds great!

Appearance-wise, I'm not loving it, but I'm fairly certain we'll see Miranda's twist or something close to it.

Me too. I've been thinking about missing mobsters and chemical accidents since the sides came out, the Cop and Thug side in particular. There's something in all of this. I'm sure we'll get some kind of *hypothetical* Joker origin explored in the film and it's tied into his appearance. In the end though everything Batman has clued together about Joker turns out to be shakey.

Me too. I've been thinking about missing mobsters and chemical accidents since the sides came out, the Cop and Thug side in particular. There's something in all of this. I'm sure we'll get some kind of *hypothetical* Joker origin explored in the film and it's tied into his appearance. In the end though everything Batman has clued together about Joker turns out to be shakey.

That sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"