All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was really only two articles. One was in the most recent Entertainment Weekly about the Fall TV lineup. It was written by the producer of "24." Unfortunately I am having trouble finding it on EW's website. The other was in the Chicago Tribune

I was thinking similarly about the contrast of Superman and Zod. It is interesting that they are both part of the same race but have completely different views on how to treat humanity. In a way, Superman is fighting the worst part of himself.

Totally.

I think that Zod would be so cynical and would only be able to see the bad in human society - therefore seeing it as exactly as Krypton was before it's destruction.

But because Clark had this wonderful upbringing and knows a lot of GOOD people and in his life has seen a lot of kindness and love of life, he can see much much more than just a doomed society.

Zod is like Gaddafi, and Superman stands for the people. I think that's what Birthright and Action Comics #1 has brought back.

Zod is like Gaddafi, and Superman stands for the people. I think that's what Birthright and Action Comics #1 has brought back.

That's a great angle there especially for international markets.

This is why I had no problem with Action Comics #900.

I find that really seems to apply only to more modern shows, which are more often than not using a cell-shaded CGI technique which looks pretty terrible IMO. Looking at the cartoons I watched as a kid in the '80s, these were WAY more detailed and the animation was pretty good.

I'd definitely prefer something like these:

[YT]M_RdPawsqgo[/YT]

[YT]gMNsDOOW0Ck[/YT]

[YT]IiUrTHYVLP8[/YT]

[YT]VBkTIb4NtrA[/YT]
I just knew before I clicked on those links that they would be the intros to '80s animated shows.

If you ask any animator, the '80s were horrible for animation. The actual shows looked nowhere near as good as their intros, because the intros would be animated by a different, more expensive, studio.

The realistic style seen in many '80s cartoons looked horrible in the shows themselves. That's why modern shows use more stylised, simple character designs to get better animation out of a low budget.

s6bw_gun_02_2.jpg

I like how Superman was drawn in Return of Black Adam

Superman-Marvel.jpg

It was good seeing Clark in Superman/Shazam and I wish we got to see more of him as a journalist in these animated movies. Hopefully we'll get a movie tie-in like Gotham Knights, showing Clark/Superman in different stories and with great animation.

It was good seeing Clark in Superman/Shazam and I wish we got to see more of him as a journalist in these animated movies. Hopefully we'll get a movie tie-in like Gotham Knights, showing Clark/Superman in different stories and with great animation.

I don't care for TV series much, but if we had a movie like Gotham Knight I would enjoy it. It was fun, but still pretty serious and with the tone of the Batman movies. It was fun enough for a kid to enjoy and serious enough that an adult would watch it too. A Superman movie animated that way would be awesome.

Be honest, what are your feelings if Clark Kent really doesn't wear glasses or doesn't have a secret identity in Man of Steel?

http://goo.gl/njE8S

He has some valid points, and no I do not believe it is before he becomes Superman then he wears his glasses, as he was Superman int he battle in Smallville.

For me, I think the glasses are just as iconic for Clark Kent as the shield is for Superman. Sure, it is not the BEST disguise, however, us as READERS and FANS KNOW he is Superman. So it is easy for us so say, "Ya know what? How is that a disguise?" That fact is, I have seen people change their appearance with simple haircuts, hair color change, facial hair and yes, glasses. So it is not far fetched, we are just used to know Clark Kent is Superman.

There is also a rumor Superman doesn't FLY in the film. Has anyone heard this? Id so can you link the source? I would like to read more about it.

Could be a "Superman" movie with no glasses, no trunks, no Lex and no Jimmy. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Be honest, what are your feelings if Clark Kent really doesn't wear glasses or doesn't have a secret identity in Man of Steel?

http://goo.gl/njE8S

He has some valid points, and no I do not believe it is before he becomes Superman then he wears his glasses, as he was Superman int he battle in Smallville.

For me, I think the glasses are just as iconic for Clark Kent as the shield is for Superman. Sure, it is not the BEST disguise, however, us as READERS and FANS KNOW he is Superman. So it is easy for us so say, "Ya know what? How is that a disguise?" That fact is, I have seen people change their appearance with simple haircuts, hair color change, facial hair and yes, glasses. So it is not far fetched, we are just used to know Clark Kent is Superman.

There is also a rumor Superman doesn't FLY in the film. Has anyone heard this? Id so can you link the source? I would like to read more about it.

wait......what??!!

that's the 1st I've heard of that.......

I know......many years ago........for one of the failed projects, there was a mandate that Superman NOT fly........

but I've never heard of that associated with this movie......

if it is.......then :doh:

Makes absolutely no sense if he doesn't fly.

Might as well lose the cape if he can't fly. I'm pretty sure he will fly. Maybe not right away though. That would kinda be cool.

Heard a rumor that the power of flight comes from his suit. :doh: I don't believe it.

I knew if Nolan was involved then Superman would have probably been to reduced to flying around on a jet-pack :hehe:

Incidentally, what did Nolan try to do to Batman when he first started? Something about taking his ears away?

:hehe: Rumours are funny.

Remember that one about Lindsay Lohan playing Lois?

I think about that, and treat every ridiculous rumour in exactly the same way - laugh heartily, but running screaming for my life if it actually happens!

Remember Cher was rumored to play Catwoman in TDKR? The Sun is such a great news source. :hehe:

I think about that, and treat every ridiculous rumour in exactly the same way - laugh heartily, but running screaming for my life if it actually happens!

Lana, I think it was rumored :)

I think the easiest place to develop a rumour is on CBM. They get the articles on Google News and we buy into them, well rather news websites.

If a rumour that Boy George was playing Lex was found on CBM, then it would be all over the place and create quite some publicity.

Could be a "Superman" movie with no glasses, no trunks, no Lex and no Jimmy. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Lex doesn't have to be in every movie though. He wasn't in every issue in the comics, especially not before Byrne. And I can take or leave Jimmy, depending on why he's absent. Maybe he simply isn't working at the Daily Planet when Clark is first hired.

Heh, yeah. Remember when Chris Nolan was considering Cher to play Catwoman? :hehe:

so, to you, those are the things that make a good Superman movie?

::whistles:: :wow:

I think Kurosava is more of a purist. He would like Superman to be as close to the comics as possible. I personally wouldn't want that, but some people like it as close to the comics as possible and others don't.

I think Kurosava is more of a purist. He would like Superman to be as close to the comics as possible. I personally wouldn't want that, but some people like it as close to the comics as possible and others don't.

I want it to be as close to the comics as possible, and when I mean "the comics", I mean the Superman comics that count-1938-1986.

Heh, yeah. Remember when Chris Nolan was considering Cher to play Catwoman? :hehe:

Haha, yes I do. Those were good times. :p

Lana, I think it was rumored :)

I think the easiest place to develop a rumour is on CBM. They get the articles on Google News and we buy into them, well rather news websites.

If a rumour that Boy George was playing Lex was found on CBM, then it would be all over the place and create quite some publicity.

Dammit... I really thought I wrote Lana!

And yeah, it is insane how quickly that site manages to create buzz with absolutely no credence to their outlandish claims whatsoever :wow:

I want it to be as close to the comics as possible, and when I mean "the comics", I mean the Superman comics that count-1938-1986.

I dunno. At this point it just seems like your picking through the source material and deciding for yourself which parts are the important one's to be worshipped and which parts are to be ignored and explained away.

I dunno. At this point it just seems like your picking through the source material and deciding for yourself which parts are the important one's to be worshipped and which parts are to be ignored and explained away.

Yeah, really you're just preventing yourself from being able to enjoy the movies. If you want a film the way you want it, just make it. I'll warn you, however, you will probably have to change your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"