The Dark Knight So now that we have more info, what do you think of the Joker?

I thought maybe this would be a valid thread due to all of the new information we have. Before, we had one official picture to go off of, but now we have plenty that gives us a good understanding of just what our new Joker will be like. So I think it would be good to get everyones impressions now.

EDIT:I included a very descriptive poll, because I felt it would be much more organized, as well as being less vague than just numbers.
7 or 8

Missing a few things BUT these aren't things that can't be magically revealed later in the film. Of course that is wishfull thinking.

Yes, we have one more picture that shows us Joker's look in a better scale. But I can't give a very final result until I see what Heath's doing with this look. It will be near 10 points, if Heath really embodies this insanity and chaos of the character. Look(9points) + acting (?points) = 9-10 points I hope

I personally don't think the Joker has ever been done better, in any form of Batman Media.

I'm going to wait to see the trailer so I can the see performance that goes with the look. I love the voice in the teaser.

So far, I'm digging the 'Junkie Joker' approach. I think it could be truly terrifying.

I was discussing what I think the Joker will be in this film with my girlfriend and I said, "imagine Charles Manson with a thing for clowns". Her eyes got really huge and she said, "Oh my God!".

And I said, "Yup".

bobguy

For a "Nolan-Joker" he's great. I'm really startin to like his look. I really like the "Stretch-Smile" from the Burton Joker but the "Cut-Smile" needs getting used to.
But I'm sure we will all love the Joker when we see him on the big screen in one year :oldrazz:

For Nolan's world,yes he's perfect,a 10,but my all-time favorite Joker is still the BTAS Joker voiced by Mark Hammil.I might change my opinion once I see TDK,but at the moment the BTAS Joker is still favored over TDKs,just slightly.

Yes, if you try and compare this Joker to the comics, you're going to find certin details lacking. But I think, judging this interpretation of The Joker on his own merits, based in the context of Nolan's Batverse, we're going to get an astounding villain.

He cant be word for word like the comics, but if they tell a decent story, and not go all schumacher pun-o-rama with him, then i think it will be easier to forgive the inaccuracies

"Twist" spoiler, you probably know it alreADY
The Joker covers his white skin with flesh paint. That's why in the pics right now he just looks like a normal guy with clown make-up.

If the twist turns out to be legit, I give it a 10.

There's NO WAY that twist (or something like it) isn't true. Anyone who's still holding out needs to ask some basic questions. Like, what happens when the police put Joker in a cell and spray him? Does his face wash away and we're just left with a normal guy? It sounds geeky but even normal audiences want to know these things and it needs to be addressed within the logic of the film. This type of scene would be a perfect moment for the horrifying reveal.

Also, if Nolan has got this much right so far i hardly think he's going to mess up something so basic as this.

Just based on the viral marketing stuff alone, I'd say we're in for a real treat. Actually, I was sold on the Dave McKeanesque Arkham Asylum bloody lettering. :oldrazz:

The twist could be verrrrry cool, but I'm definitely more interested in what he has up his sleeve in terms of crimes. :ninja:

"Twist" spoiler, you probably know it alreADY
The Joker covers his white skin with flesh paint. That's why in the pics right now he just looks like a normal guy with clown make-up.

There's NO WAY that twist (or something like it) isn't true. Anyone who's still holding out needs to ask some basic questions. Like, what happens when the police put Joker in a cell and spray him? Does his face wash away and we're just left with a normal guy? It sounds geeky but even normal audiences want to know these things and it needs to be addressed within the logic of the film. This type of scene would be a perfect moment for the horrifying reveal.

Also, if Nolan has got this much right so far i hardly think he's going to mess up something so basic as this.
Okay so yeah, I've heard this one. But do we really think thats the biggie?

Just based on the viral marketing stuff alone, I'd say we're in for a real treat. Actually, I was sold on the Dave McKeanesque Arkham Asylum bloody lettering. :oldrazz:

The twist could be verrrrry cool, but I'm definitely more interested in what he has up his sleeve in terms of crimes. :ninja:

Agreed!

It's revealed at some point in the movie that his skin is all white - this has been confirmed. I'm sure the makeup plays into the plot, leading up to this twist of a realization

That has NOT been "confirmed"

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Is anyone else wondering what happened to the Joker's Melted Lip?
It look's as if he doesnt have it in the new picture..I really hope they didnt decide to not go with it, I liked the look.

if he does in face have white skin, then I give it a 9, but right now since were not certain, I gave it a 8

The whole make-up thing...I can't imagine Nolan going over Batman 89 territory like that. Jacks Joker did a whole make-up thing. We'll see I guess.

for the love of shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

"Junkie Joker" makes me want to think The Joker has a serious drug problem. Perhaps he snorted too much of the drugs from 'Begins' and since the drugs have been wiped out, he needs his fix. Thats where Scarecrow comes in.

Joker: You got the stuff?
Scarecrow: $50 Bucks.
Joker: You're CrAzY!
Scarecrow: You're the one with paint on.
Joker: You're wearing a mask!
Scarecrow: Well let me give you a little taste of this medician.
*Shoots Joker in the face with his fear toxin*
Joker: HAHAHAHA
Scarecrow: Damn, this stuff must not be worth $50 bucks afterall.

I don't know. Just messing around with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"