The Dark Knight CFB Live Stream Chicago

But... I was promised cats... and pajamas...:waa:

:funny: It was still fun seeing the Bat Signal, and I'm glad those on the ground had a good time. Those of us stuck watching may get another chance yet. Right now I hear Gotham Knight calling from my coffee table. 'Night all.

Im not 100% sure that the entire thing wasn't a Stage. The company who is doing the Viral is notorious for promoting and planning and executing massive FAKE events. I bet those on the ground actually saw something but what those of us on the net saw was a fake. That is a basic program to write including the chat. Im not questioning the activities on NYC and Chitown but... I bet the majority of the people were planted. All that being said... It still rocks. The only question is this The people who have the Bat Signal shining in their windows... are they not complaining? I would be

What a weird first post - haha - hi.

Im not 100% sure that the entire thing wasn't a Stage. The company who is doing the Viral is notorious for promoting and planning and executing massive FAKE events. I bet those on the ground actually saw something but what those of us on the net saw was a fake. That is a basic program to write including the chat. Im not questioning the activities on NYC and Chitown but... I bet the majority of the people were planted. All that being said... It still rocks. The only question is this The people who have the Bat Signal shining in their windows... are they not complaining? I would be
those are offices, not residential. they are either stupid for still being at work or they aren't there.

and no, nothing was staged on the ground in terms of fake people reporting back. If Chicago was staged then the feed would look better. sadly, that poor excuse for a bat signal is real. NY wins.

seriously , WHY IS THERE ABSOLUTELY ****ING NOTHING ??!!! i wouldn't have even gone on the ****ing computer if i knew that all we'd get tonight is endless hours of staring at a ****ing bat signal ......

woah, dude... chillzville, k?

You would've spent hours on the computer doing nothing... at least you got to see a piece of history
(10 years from now: "Hey! You remember when we got drunk and saw the batsignal!?" YEAH!... where was that?? "I don't remember! BUT IT WAS COOL!!")

promo for the dark knight

Well, obviously, but the online portion heavily targeted everyone involved in the virals. They didn't video broadcast all of the other events like this. The video would have been enough, but the inclusion of the chat makes it a whole different game. I just feel like they could've done something more to make the experience a little more worthwhile - as far as the chat goes.

They're post screenshots. :funny:

I think the buildings onto which the Batsignals were projected were probably notified because I can guarantee you if they weren't the whole operation would've been shut down by the cops, especially in landmark-type locations. That's not something you could just assume would be okay. And considering no (real) cops appeared to have shown up, I daresay they had permission.

Furthermore, the people on the ground seemed to see it from what I heard from them. That, and I don't know how big you think 42e is, but they don't have enough employees for that to work (I know there were some planted there, but probably just ones to take pictures, lead people around--I don't know exactly what they were doing), and I doubt they have enough money to hire hundreds of actors for it. I think if they did have the money, they would've used it for something else.

But what I think is more likely is that this expanded beyond the simple viral circle. It wasn't just people on the Hype--it was their friends, it was people who just heard about it and decided to go. The Joker hunts got pretty big and they were spread out, so I don't doubt that the people there were legit.

those are offices, not residential. they are either stupid for still being at work or they aren't there.

and no, nothing was staged on the ground in terms of fake people reporting back. If Chicago was staged then the feed would look better. sadly, that poor excuse for a bat signal is real. NY wins.

Oh, I thought the Sears Tower had some residential in it- but you would know better.

Yeah, it was pretty sad. NY's was freaking awesome...the youtube on the wiki is pretty tight

they screwing up? indigogrrrl entered chat twice with out exiting

I bet the buildings were notified you are right. As for the size of 42e... and their ability to hire... I know people who would do that Kind of work purely for the experience of being part of it or a free t-shirt. I do believe it actually happened. All I am saying is that things like that are too hard to control especially for a web stream, so it makes sense for 42e to replicate the actual event for the internet viewer. I have been in marketing and promotions for too long to believe 42e and WB would leave something this massive to chance.

I bet the buildings were notified you are right. As for the size of 42e... and their ability to hire... I know people who would do that Kind of work purely for the experience of being part of it or a free t-shirt. I do believe it actually happened. All I am saying is that things like that are too hard to control especially for a web stream, so it makes sense for 42e to replicate the actual event for the internet viewer. I have been in marketing and promotions for too long to believe 42e and WB would leave something this massive to chance.

and yet... i say again: Dominos.

hope pictures arent frowned upon, here are some highlights of mine. sorry i have a pretty sub par camera. but i captured some key moments here

Swag - STAY OFF THE STAIRS!!!
OFFTHESTAIRS.jpg

Gotham City Paperboys!
Paperboys.jpg

My group of friends after a nice early raid on swag, before that gigantic crowd you see here
HappyintheExcitement.jpg

First opening of the lockbox. Notice the Gotham City Pizzeria box that the instructions arrived in
FirstattheLockbox.jpg

First contact with CB Radio to Batman signalers
TurnontheLIGHTS.jpg

the bat signal, which i had to hold the camera perfectly still (as much as possible) for 6 seconds to get it to show up at all, so sorry for any blur
BatSignal.jpg

All in all, an awesome night

Yay pics! :applaud

I think I'll wait until tomorrow to clean up the Wiki. :o Still kinda confusing...

I don't know how that signal is turning out so well in the photos posted, but I couldn't make out what it was at all. Had it been any other night, it would have just looked like the moon was reflecting off the building.

The swag was pretty good though, a CFB keychain, CFB sticker, got some extra Gotham Times if anybody needs [tried giving them away, but everyone had one already], and a Large CFB shirt I am willing to trade for a medium!

hope pictures arent frowned upon, here are some highlights of mine. sorry i have a pretty sub par camera. but i captured some key moments here

First opening of the lockbox. Notice the Gotham City Pizzeria box that the instructions arrived in
FirstattheLockbox.jpg

LOL @ the bug-eyed guy at the far left. :woot:

well that picture was taken at almost 11pm and by then the signal was clear. From the nearby Dan Ryan highway you could see it very nicely. Must have been awesome for people just takin a drive on by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"