The Dark Knight Viral Buddy System (Including Info on Twitter Updates)

Hahahahaha that is awesome!! Very creative. :applaud

Thank you~!

Yeah, I look like a noob, but I've been on this site for a while (since the start of the viral campaign) just haven't had much to say. LOL I've notice there are not very many girls here. Still it's awesome I'm not the only one. :woot:

Thank you~!

Yeah, I look like a noob, but I've been on this site for a while (since the start of the viral campaign) just haven't had much to say. LOL I've notice there are not very many girls here. Still it's awesome I'm not the only one. :woot:

it's all good. Long time looker, short time poster. The viral campaign got me sucked in too.

Sure, I like the idea of an AIM chatroom. Do you wanna start it? I've only just installed AIM today because of these virals, haven't been using it for many years so my knowledge of it is kinda rusty LOL. But I'll definitely have AIM open all the time.

Let me figure out how to start an AIM chatroom with the app I use and you got it. :)

I use Adium, since I'm on a Mac, and AIM for Mac sucks. :csad:

But I'll definitely start it once I figure out how, and I'll let everyone know when it's up. :)

we should just go to the jow chat room. It's been the place to go for awhile.

So uh, I was thinking that a lot of us are particularly terrified of the "blink and you miss it" nature of some of the virals; mostly, I think we're terrified that we're going to be doing something stupid and miss it because we'd really kick ourselves then.

This is basically just a "declare thyself!" post, and hopefully if we all have a couple of buddies the chain will be secure enough so that it'll be like the good old days when you blew into a conch shell and shouted, "News team, assemble!" and they were already in the room.

My suggestion is that we post our preferred methods of communication (I expect this would be primarily AIM and text messaging) and hook up with other buddies that way; hopefully, buddies with schedules different than ours.

I'll start: I'm available for AIM and texting, but am booked to my eyeballs in class on Tuesday/Thursday. Mostly, I'm available on the other days of the week and expect to be pretty vigilant. If you've got free Tuesday/Thursdays and busy other days, drop me a PM with your info and I'll give you mine.

***I was also thinking maybe we might set up some sort of established AIM chat that people can wander in and out of at any time. Unless there already is one? It'd be a good way to get word out faster and talk about nonsense in the mean time.

***Last, I think it would be good to have some sort of user-edited time table where we can all declare our availability, but I don't know of any websites offhand or know enough code to make this possible myself. Anybody know of anything?

...and if anyone can figure out how to make this sound less ridiculous, then drop me a line. Because, uh, I suck at explaining things.

In the end, if all else fails, just get everybody's contact information you can with the promise that I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine. Although the funny thing about my back is that it's located on my
which reminds me, i need help on joining Citizens for Batman, it says u have to go to some meeting?!

Hey guys, got the site and chat room setup and it's pretty much ready to go for whoever wants to use it. I'm running around trying to get some stuff done, but I'm in the room atm and will probably be around for a few hours.

http://www.gotham-speakeasy.com/

Chat link in the first post and on the right side menu.

Awesome, there's four of us in there already. :)

I'm a first time poster, long time lurker. I would love to be apart of this buddy system.

I'm on AIM at daaquarianlady

Oh man, this is great. Thanks nerium! Later when I'm not in class I'll try to compile AIM data and a texting y/n option on the first post for the people who respond here, or maybe it would be easier for me to put it on an external website. Basically just a big "contact info" website for people who are interested in this.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've made a Facebook group, and I'll check on how to work out a Twitter account, although if someone else wants to volunteer who is more, uh, Twitter educated, I encourage you to do so!

So here's the Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10145787590

Message me there if you wanna be an admin and admin you shall be!

Oh man, this is great. Thanks nerium! Later when I'm not in class I'll try to compile AIM data and a texting y/n option on the first post for the people who respond here, or maybe it would be easier for me to put it on an external website. Basically just a big "contact info" website for people who are interested in this.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I've made a Facebook group, and I'll check on how to work out a Twitter account, although if someone else wants to volunteer who is more, uh, Twitter educated, I encourage you to do so!

So here's the Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10145787590

Message me there if you wanna be an admin and admin you shall be!

I just joined. You should see a message asking to be an admin shortly.

I really like this idea! I was late getting into the virals, and have been trying to read every post about them. I would love to be kept in the loop about what all is going on, but due to my job I am rarely online. Maybe once a week, if that much. :csad: I have a cell phone, but I guess that wouldn't help me much, huh?

I dont have an AIM anymore but I joined the facebook group.

Okay, this is from my ETA on the first post, here for convenience reasons:

ETA:

1. Thanks to the magnifico nerium, there is an online flash chat located at (http://www.gotham-speakeasy.com/). I beg the following things of you:

Please, if anything comes up--a new site or a scavenger hunt--revert to the boards to solve any puzzles, because they keep better record and are visible to everyone later, whereas the chats are not. Additionally, a room in the chat tops out at 50 people, so anyone not in a specific chat would be left out. And some people just don't have computers that can deal with Flash chats without committing hara-kiri.

This chat is not to render the boards useless, but to enhance them, and to cut down on people showing up 30 pages in and announce that they've found something we found on page 4. It's for helping out people who missed parts of any given game and want to join in without being expected to read 30 pages (which multiply as you read them). So if you see someone in need of a briefing, help a sister/brother out!

Additionally, if everyone in the chat is sort of chillaxing and you notice something nobody's brought up, use it as an alert system.

And personally, although this is just my plea, try not to talk about how much sex you're getting all the time. I'm all about free love, but seriously, a girl can only roll her eyes so much before she develops vision problems. We're on a virtual message board dedicated to superheroes. I think we all know about how much sex we're getting.

2. I've made a Facebook group at (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10145787590), so join if you're on Facebook and become an admin if you can. The more admins, the more likely it will be that we'll be able to message all group members when something comes up.

3. Anyone know how to work Twitter? I don't know much about it and someone suggested it for adding instant updates. If you do, PM me or drop it in the boards.

4. I'm working on a chart with SHH usernames/AIM screennames/texting yes or no for future reference, but this'll take me a few days because of some major assignments.

So, that's it for now. Thanks again nerium for creating the Gotham Speakeasy! It's a million-dollar idea.

name's Lan, but I don't use AIM that much, I just put my number on the bowling thread, so I guess I can use that again:

404 694 2810.

TEAMWORK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"