Chadwick Boseman dies at 43

I was devastated when I saw the news last night. I didn’t know him, but he meant so much to me and to so many people around the world. He also just really seemed like a genuinely lovely, humble, empathetic person and his talent was obviously incredible.

Should they recast T'Challa/Black Panther and a new actor steps into the role picking up from where Chadwick left off or do they kill off the character? Should they make Shuri the new Panther of Wakanda and the new Queen of Wakanda?

Too soon bro, let's just celebrate the person he was and his achievements. Peace.

Too soon bro, let's just celebrate the person he was and his achievements. Peace.
It is WAY to soon.................BUT if you have to recast...........................some kind of way...........involving Dr. Strange.........get Michael B Jordan to do the role. I know he was Killmonger and he killed it but with exploring the multiverse...........if you are going to do BP, you need an A list actor to replace Boseman and there is no one higher right now than Jordan............but yeah...........to soon.

He was one of the top actors of those within his age group, and would have likely gone on to be an Oscar-level actor in the future. The industry is definitely less without him, and it's a pretty crippling blow because the Hollywood talent pool of young African-American actors isn't that big unfortunately.

Replying to the post above, I think they should definitely re-cast T'Challa and keep him alive. Boseman put so much work into the character and T'Challa is an inspiring icon to African-American youth worldwide. The respectable, classy move would be to keep T'Challa going in Boseman's memory.

What dawned on me again and although I liked BP the movie, it wasn’t my favorite however the cast was fantastic and so was Boseman. BP the character has been such a brilliant addition to the MCU. And I know it’s fiction but seeing that Wakanda provided the key soldiers and infantry in both IW and Endgame and seeing them, on screen and me, a minority person, seeing these soldiers fight on screen risking their lives to save all other races on Earth and more. Those were just such powerful beautifully directed and depicted moments on film. It was so uplifting and amazing to see that on screen and so rare. It hurts a lot to see such young brilliant talent who played such a strong character leading that army now pass.

Should they recast T'Challa/Black Panther and a new actor steps into the role picking up from where Chadwick left off or do they kill off the character? Should they make Shuri the new Panther of Wakanda and the new Queen of Wakanda?
It is WAY to soon.................BUT if you have to recast...........................some kind of way...........involving Dr. Strange.........get Michael B Jordan to do the role. I know he was Killmonger and he killed it but with exploring the multiverse...........if you are going to do BP, you need an A list actor to replace Boseman and there is no one higher right now than Jordan............but yeah...........to soon.
It's a difficult but honest question. I think you can still mourn Chadwick and ask the question. This is an iconic character that meant so much to so many people of all races.

I doubt Chadwick would want the franchise to end with his passing. Re-casting is inevitable, but I would give it time.

The only person right now that could play the role, and maintain good will with the fans and the creative team would be Atandwa Kani, the guy that played young T'chaka.

But like I said, we need to give ourselves time to heal from the tragedy.

ABC is showing "Black Panther" tonight at 8 EST and then showing a tribute show to Chadwick.

This absolutely gutted me when I heard. He was a terrific actor and his role of Black Panther was one of my favorites. So sad. :(

If any of you haven't seen his commencement speech at Howard, watch it when you have the time. It was already a powerful, moving message, but looking back on it through the lens of what he was going through, what must have been so present in his mind, but no one in the audience knew, puts it in a whole new light. The way he talks about purpose there and in other interviews is with the conviction of someone who knows they've found their's. He gave so many incredible performances but it's clear he believed T'Challa was his most important - fully aware, at times painfully so, of what that role meant to so many people around the world. The man prayed for that role, he got it and gave the performance of a lifetime all while LITERALLY FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE. And through it all, never stopped encouraging and lifting up those around him, from hospitalized children to his friends in Hollywood. As someone who wants to work in entertainment, and really just a human in general, I can only hope to find as clear a sense of purpose as he had and to have the chance to impact just a fraction of the lives with my art as he did.

He made a living playing legends and became one in his own right.
Rest In Power, King.

This is incredibly sad. While he wasn't the first black superhero lead, he was the first to really take the world by storm, inspire millions, and prove that visible minorities can carry these films and still make billions. What he did was incredibly important to the future of superhero movies and thus the film industry in general given how big the genre is. He was to be (along with Brie Larson) the face of the biggest film franchise in history going forward. And now he's gone. :csad:

The King shall live forever!

Black Panther father’s son Joseph Kani pays tribute to the passing of his on-screen son.

Like many, paying my respects. Such a loss, such a terrible disease in all it's ways it affects us. Sorely missed, amazing talent. Wakanda Forever. R.I.P. Chadwick :bp:

Very sad news, I think the best way to keep the story going forward now & honour him and the Boseman family is to get his brother Kevin Boseman to carry on. He is also a actor as well as musical stage dancer, they look very similar & Chadwick himself has said it was his brother who inspired him to become a actor/writer. Rest In Peace Chadwick. :( 1C811B7B-7461-43D4-B013-03ADC9A9685C.jpegFEFE9722-0D46-4811-8144-043FAF9DE9E9.jpegFA34D1D3-7B6B-4344-90B9-F6F3167963A7.png

It came as a total unexpected thing. He managed to hide his ilness well.
What a acchievement of him to do physical action stuff while still battling with cancer.

Saddening, very saddening.
On the Internet, people write that it has a different meaning now when Black Panther regally enters through a glowing portal in Endgame, his head held high. I can't disagree.
Now I'm getting all emotional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"