Comics Chameleon's New Team...

I agree with Symbiotica. I think The Six should come back at some point, with HobGoblin and Sandman (who I think are together but it's not confirmed if that's who Sandman is with).

I disagree about Electro being weak though. I think it's his mind that lets him down, not his powers. He can get quite powerful sometimes but he is such a thug that he can't realise his dreams of power in the way that Doc Ock or Norman Osborn can. Placing him on the team would be good for him because then he would be receiving direction from minds like these and hopefuly having his powers employed in a more appropriate way.

I would like to see a stronger Shocker return. Not physically but as a character. I used to think of him as Spider-man's opposite in some sense when Peter was just starting out. Now he just seems to be everyone's target practice. Plus I still can't get over how srewed he got in the Ultimate universe.

shinlyle said:
In fact, it would have been a better ending for MKSM if Ock had killed Norman....not because he was brainwashed, but to remind Spidey of who his number one foe is!

For me, if anyone gets rid of Norman once and for all, it should be Hobgoblin (Kingsley)...

I was so excited to hear he was coming back in FNSM, and so disappointed when i saw what we were actually getting...

CaptainStacy said:
For me, if anyone gets rid of Norman once and for all, it should be Hobgoblin (Kingsley)...

I was so excited to hear he was coming back in FNSM, and so disappointed when i saw what we were actually getting...

Meh I knew something was up when I read the solict, however MC2 Kingsley has reminded me why I love the character so much :(

The Infernal said:
I would like to see a stronger Shocker return. Not physically but as a character. I used to think of him as Spider-man's opposite in some sense when Peter was just starting out. Now he just seems to be everyone's target practice.

I know. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing one of Spider-Man's rogues getting chumped by some no-name loser(s) in another book. The recent Daughters Of The Dragon mini had Rhino get beat by two (basically) normal women, by dropping a car on him (from what im told)...sorry, but Rhino once derailed a speeding freight train by hitting it head first. A "karate chick", and an ex-cop with a bionic arm have no business defeating him, imo.

So yeah, i'd LOVE to see a new writer bring some respect back to Spidey's classic villains.

CaptainStacy said:
I know. Nothing drives me crazier than seeing one of Spider-Man's rogues getting chumped by some no-name loser(s) in another book. The recent Daughters Of The Dragon mini had Rhino get beat by two (basically) normal women, by dropping a car on him (from what im told)...sorry, but Rhino once derailed a speeding freight train by hitting it head first. A "karate chick", and an ex-cop with a bionic arm have no business defeating him, imo.

So yeah, i'd LOVE to see a new writer bring some respect back to Spidey's classic villains.

Ditto.

CaptainStacy said:

Well, on the brighter side of things the real Hobgoblin is tearing it up in Spider-Girl. So, at least it's something.

CaptainStacy said:

Yeah, tell me about it. Not only did we not get the HobGoblin. We got a dopey HobGoblin of the future that doesn't even look like the HobGoblin but the Green Goblin. Not to mention the horrible storyline.

I wouldn't call it a horrible storyline. But I agree that when you call someone the Hobgoblin that he should maybe slightly resemble the Hobgoblin and not the Green Goblin.

Remember the real Hobgoblin is appearing in Spider-Girl. While it may be an alternate reality, it's better than nothing. :up:

SpideyInATree said:
Remember the real Hobgoblin is appearing in Spider-Girl. While it may be an alternate reality, it's better than nothing. :up:

True, and it's in a similar art style to when Goblin was in The Six.

won't be happy with spidey comics till i see some good ol villans from the good ol days.

also..

even if i got a masterpiece (which we havent seen from marvel..i..welll... never?) i still be lacking in the eddie being venom and this whole scorpvenom crap. here's hoping someone makes fun of gargan's ****tyness so the symbiote takes a damn hint.

Venom Drool said:
won't be happy with spidey comics till i see some good ol villans from the good ol days.

Well, the current arc in Sensational Spider-Man has been featuring The Lizard, Vermin, and Man-Wolf, with Puma about to show up as well...

And not to mention the whole topic of this thread, Chameleon returning to the pages of Spidey...and starting a new team, probably of the "good ol' villains".

Though I wish some of these creative minds would create something NEW instead. :(

But it will be GREAT to see Spidey's FIRST supervillain back in action. And hopefully they'll do something good with it.

Hey guys. It's been a while.

So this is the first I'd heard about this and I think it's awesome. Chameleon's my second favorite super villain. Now, I'm just guessing through all of this, but I read all of this writer's work on FF and also if SSM is any indication, the team that Chameleon assembles will likely be characters that we hadn't seen in a while. One of his last on FF was with Pop-Up Man... And in this last one, we've got mainstays Vulture and Lizard. Other than that? B and C characters from all over Spidey's history. That's what I love about this guy. :D

I also don't think he'll use anybody that is heavily associated with another team. He's very 'continuity/ character history' oriented. So I think he'll represent all the team members very well, but doesn't want another Sinister Six or a Sindicate or anything. So when it says Deadliest, I have no idea where he's going. Most of the deadliest were simply the Six. Then that just leaves a lot of characters I'd never see Chameleon going to. Carrion or Fusion? I really just don't know.

But to follow the original theme of the thread, I'll just list my dream team. They really wouldn't work that well together, they're just my favorites. Oh, and that reminds me. To those above wanting Shocker to be stronger as a character, that's my absolute favorite thing about him. He's my favorite character in all of comic books, and it's because he tries so hard and has never won even once. Manic Monday being my favorite story arc ever.

So, with that, and Chameleon as my second favorite, the starts really easy...

Chameleon
Shocker
Stromm
Montana
Slyde
Spot

Actually, now that I think about it, that team would work really well. Three C listers and three B's, but still. Sydle can slip around and get to different areas, working in a similar but very different fashion than Speed Demon in Thunderbolts. And Spot can get them out of areas, sneak them into places, etc, like Cloak's role in House of M. Chameleon as mastermind, Shocker as the main muscle, Stromm's robots as back up muscle. Besides that, Stromm's a brilliant mind in his own right. And Montana's a damn cowboy that fights Spider-Man without any super powers. How cool is that! :D :D

But that's my list. What do you guys think? I'm really curious. :)

Er, isn't the Chameleon supposed to be dead( on second thoughts if Bucky, Captain America's sidekick can be brought back as "The Winter Soldier"- amazing how he hasn't aged since the 1940s-and he doesn't even have the Super Soldier serum coursing through his veins, never mind being frozen for nearly 20 years, then anybody can make a return from the dead)?

Terry

No, he washed up on the shores of the rivers, and they took him back to Ravencroft. This happened in a mini, so a lot of people don't know about it.

Fantasyartist said:
Er, isn't the Chameleon supposed to be dead( on second thoughts if Bucky, Captain America's sidekick can be brought back as "The Winter Soldier"- amazing how he hasn't aged since the 1940s-and he doesn't even have the Super Soldier serum coursing through his veins, never mind being frozen for nearly 20 years, then anybody can make a return from the dead)?

Terry

I'm guessing that you actually didn't read the Winter Soldier story arc. Read it and you'll see why Bucky hasn't aged and why he's so strong. It's a really good story done by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting...just a kick ass Captain America story.

And if you don't want to give it a try, that's cool. But don't judge things until you've read them for yourself. :)

SpideyInATree said:
I'm guessing that you actually didn't read the Winter Soldier story arc. Read it and you'll see why Bucky hasn't aged and why he's so strong. It's a really good story done by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting...just a kick ass Captain America story.

And if you don't want to give it a try, that's cool. But don't judge things until you've read them for yourself. :)

I know! When i first heard about what Brubaker was doing i was VERY skeptical, and refused to support it. (because im a tight assed fanboy)...anyway, my older brother, who turned me on to Marvel comics (and Spidey, Daredevil, and Cap in particular) nearly 40 years ago gave it a big thumbs up, so i read it and LOVED it.

I added Captain America to my list for the first time in over a decade.

My ideal scenario for the core 616 Spidey books right now, would be;

Dan Slott on ASM...
Sacasa right where he is...
And Brubaker (or Jeph Loeb) on FNSM.

That would rock, imo.

CaptainStacy said:

At first, so was I. But then I was kind of relieved. It was going to be a three issue arc, and to me, if they bring back Kingsley it should be a HUGE event. Maybe not "crossover 'Other'" big, but big.

CaptainStacy said:
So, this August in Sensational Spider-Man, Chameleon will apparently be organizing a new group of Spider-Man's Deadly Foes...

What would be your ideal line-up?
/QUOTE]

Last time Chameleon had it team, AFAIK, it was in the "Powerless" story arc back in the 90's. It had Scorpion, Tarantula II, and the Femme Fatales.

The first guy I like better on his own, the second is dead, but I miss seeing the Femme F. So I'd bring them back. Along with Shocker and Eel, who I haven't seen in a while either.

It seems like Sensational is the only place for "classic" stories. I love it when the Chameleon steals the spotlight. Its about time he was in the role of leader.

I was really considering dropping SSM, because all Spidey titles suck at the moment. But because it's as close to a proper Spidey title as we are getting and they have classic villains back there, I am not. I hope we get to see more of them soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"