Legion Chapter 5 - discussixn thread

Whenever this show comes out on Blu Ray, this episode in particular is definitely one to watch in the dark with no other sounds.

Again, I don't know how connected the workings of the Fox X-Men universe are, but never mind just looking at Deadpool and Logan for telling a good story or breathing life into your franchise, look at Legion for how to properly build tension and make you feel concerned for your characters. I know Hawley probably won't get a chance to do an X-Men film, but man, this episode was dripping with tension and I would love to see this kind of suspense and storytelling done with the next main X-Men film.

Holy hell, this episode was some crazy ass ****, i didnt expect to be scared by this show. <___<

@Chip Nah, no flack. You just prefer Bill Sienkiewicz.

You need to be thanking John Landgraf and Noah Hawley. They don't call Landgraf the "Mayor of TV" for no reason.

Last edited:
Damn Each Episode just gets better and better. I really hope this gets picked up for a Season 2.

Man, I hope this show gets renewed too.

It appeals to a limited fan base and is kind of inventing it's own genre... Super Hero Horror?

It's awesome on so many levels!

This has to be renewed. For some reason I had assumed it was already renewed for a season 2.

I've watched just about every episode live. First time I've done that for any show in years. I really want this to succeed.

I knew something was off at the beginning of the episode where David was sending out some seriously creepy vibes, with how confident and at peace he seemed; but holy hell was I not expecting that. That body fusing thing was especially creepy due to how easy it was for him to just waltz around and the pleasure he seemed to derive from mutilating those men. Now after that adoption confirmation I really hope they find a way to take Patrick Stewart up on him saying he'd be willing to appear in Legion.

Based on how this seems to be going and how atypical this show operates I wouldn't be surprised if at the end the Shadow King is still in control and David becomes even more of a full fledged villain going into season 2, or in an effort to beat the Shadow king he banishes himself into the astral plane locking away the yellow eyed demon with him.

9/10

Last edited:
That atmosphere where nobody could speak and all u could hear was music and then u had the angry boy running all over the place so reminded me of that Buffy episode hush.

That atmosphere where nobody could speak and all u could hear was music and then u had the angry boy running all over the place so reminded me of that Buffy episode hush.

was that intentional? I thought it was just the ****** torrent I downloaded.

I knew something would go wrong after how confident he was at the beginning of the episode. Dan Stevens is really wonderful in this role, he has so much range.

I think this show tends to get a bit up its own ass with the visuals, the hand held camera movements, the silence. It felt extra gimmicky.

Awesome episode and the line that sticks out the most. Is the dying man syd sees on the ground and he keeps repeating how it wears a human face.

was that intentional? I thought it was just the ****** torrent I downloaded.

T was international there was no sound except for music and sound effects in that part of thathe part of the episode until Luffy showed up.

tumblr_omjs3gcZYe1vfg7u3o1_540.gif

tumblr_omjs3gcZYe1vfg7u3o3_540.gif

tumblr_omjs3gcZYe1vfg7u3o4_540.gif

tumblr_omjs3gcZYe1vfg7u3o2_540.gif

This was a great episode! So intense! When the Fat Monster came at Syd I was like "RUN!!!!"

Monster guy seems like a version of shadow king.

Is the green suited government mutant a version of mastermind?

Did anyone else notice what seemed to be a nod to David's comic hairstyle where in one scene it appeared to be going straight up.

Did anyone else notice what seemed to be a nod to David's comic hairstyle where in one scene it appeared to be going straight up.

I noticed! :D haha. Maybe we'll get closer and closer to that hairstyle as the show progresses.

Dan already mentioned that they'd be building up to Legion's comic hair, so I think we can look forward to that in the future.

Well I hope they don't go to far as I think it looks really stupid in the comics largely due to its height and flatness, but I appreciated the nod here and that it didn't look ridiculous.

Last edited:
:mrk: Holy hell! :mrk: this show has a thing for making the last minutes of almost every ep the best of any series I've committed to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"