Chapter 2 - "Lizards" - Discussion Thread 10/1/07

Also, another prediction of mine:

"Heroes" is going to pull an "Alias", and it'll turn out that Peter had the Haitian take away his memories, or Peter got the power from the Haitian and did it to himself. :)

OMFG I LOVED Alias! It was great how people died so they could come back later in the series.

Aboddon said:
and it'll turn out he was working as an assassin for the Company during the four months he was gone. Then at the end of the season we'll find out the Company has been working on a device in the shape of a large red balloon that'll release a chemical that'll kill everyone who isn't a "Hero".:ninja:

ROFLMFAO!

imdaly said:
That's it...the killer is Rambaldi. :)

Holy crap! Maybe Kensei is really Rambalbi...:wow:

-edit-

Dam Alias was a fine show. I was hooked from the first 5 minutes! The only thing I did not like about the show the weapon of mass destruction that turned out to be a friggin toy helicoptor...that was lame.

were you under some crazy assumption that the entire population of new york (and even people who weren't in new york) was to die in the explosion?

"Save The Cheerleader. Save The World" The WORLD!

it's figurative speech. so there was no one in the five-year future of the String Theory episode? I really don't understand your confusion about Isaac's paintings, especially since the entire first season was devoted to stopping the explosion. obviously, the future can be changed.

Really liked episode 2 a lot better than the premiere! :up: Lots of moments that got me excited for the show again. It was :wow: to see the Haitian & BRG reunite again.

same here. that was one of the best episodes overall.

This is one thing that seems to annoy me just a bit with these shows and the people who watch them and comment on them. when was it stated that everything had to be perfect.

There wasn't even a total solar eclipse in 1671! :wow::cwink:

I thought it was kinda silly how they were emphasizing "THE BOX!!!". It probablly just has his ID in it or something. Although, knowing Heroes, it probablly doesn't have anything in it at all.
Anyway, I'm MUCH more interested in what happened to Sylar. He's one of the coolest villains ever.

it's just a device to provide Peter with motivation and to explain the choices he will make. it certainly was overly dramatic, though.

There wasn't even a total solar eclipse in 1671! :wow::cwink:

Thanks fry's girl. and just for the sake of peole complaining about all these things that are contradictory to real life how about this one...If you look directly at a solar eclipse YOU GO BLIND...did everyone forget that page in science class. if everything should be perfectly symmetrical to our world then Hiro and Nikki should both be blind and Peter too for that matter if im not mistaken.

Case in point ...the rules can be broken!!!!!:woot: :gl:

In no way is it implied that the explosion will detsroy the whole world. The reference to saving the world was not from the bomb but saving the world in the sense of bringing them together.
If you recall they wanted Nathan to eventually become president. The effects of the bomb in new york would be so devastating that it would bring the world together. Linderman and Angela wanted Nathan to be at the forefront of this process.

How about we make the statement a little more elaborate and fitting for those who may or may not be confused

Save the cheerleader, Save the world!!.....(In the long run), (in the future), (in the grand scheme of things) ....Pick one they all basically convey the same idea
:gl:

and just for the sake of peole complaining about all these things that are contradictory to real life how about this one...If you look directly at a solar eclipse YOU GO BLIND...did everyone forget that page in science class.
that must've been some voodoo science book. do you know if you cross your eyes, they'll stick in place?

that must've been some voodoo science book. do you know if you cross your eyes, they'll stick in place?

Looking directly at the photosphere of the Sun (the bright disk of the Sun itself), even for just a few seconds, can cause permanent damage to the retina of the eye, because of the intense visible and invisible radiation that the photosphere emits. This damage can result in permanent impairment of vision, up to and including blindness. The retina has no sensitivity to pain, and the effects of retinal damage may not appear for hours, so there is no warning that injury is occurring.

Under normal conditions, the Sun is so bright that it is difficult to stare at it directly, so there is no tendency to look at it in a way that might damage the eye. However, during an eclipse, with so much of the Sun covered, it is easier and more tempting to stare at it. Unfortunately, looking at the Sun during an eclipse is just as dangerous as looking at it outside an eclipse, except during the brief period of totality, when the Sun's disk is completely covered (totality occurs only during a total eclipse and only very briefly; it does not occur during a partial or annular eclipse). Viewing the Sun's disk through any kind of optical aid (binoculars, a telescope, or even an optical camera viewfinder) is even more hazardous.[32]

[31]

I do love wikipedia....care to argue mysterio or did wikipedia copy from the same voodoo textbook :gl:

I thought it was kinda silly how they were emphasizing "THE BOX!!!". It probablly just has his ID in it or something. Although, knowing Heroes, it probablly doesn't have anything in it at all.
It was rather melodramatic. Peter will be disappointed when he finds out that he is normal emo with no love life and a cooler older brother.

It's gonna be real amusing when Peter figures out he can stop time.

Looking directly at the photosphere of the Sun (the bright disk of the Sun itself), even for just a few seconds, can cause permanent damage to the retina of the eye, because of the intense visible and invisible radiation that the photosphere emits. This damage can result in permanent impairment of vision, up to and including blindness. The retina has no sensitivity to pain, and the effects of retinal damage may not appear for hours, so there is no warning that injury is occurring.

Under normal conditions, the Sun is so bright that it is difficult to stare at it directly, so there is no tendency to look at it in a way that might damage the eye. However, during an eclipse, with so much of the Sun covered, it is easier and more tempting to stare at it. Unfortunately, looking at the Sun during an eclipse is just as dangerous as looking at it outside an eclipse, except during the brief period of totality, when the Sun's disk is completely covered (totality occurs only during a total eclipse and only very briefly; it does not occur during a partial or annular eclipse). Viewing the Sun's disk through any kind of optical aid (binoculars, a telescope, or even an optical camera viewfinder) is even more hazardous.[32]

[31]

I do love wikipedia....care to argue mysterio or did wikipedia copy from the same voodoo textbook :gl:
that's a far cry from saying "If you look directly at a solar eclipse YOU GO BLIND", wouldn't you agree? your statement was an absolute and didn't take any variables into account. notice the words "can," "might," and "up to" in your article.

^^^^^^Fine by me let's split hairs ....if you stare at a total eclipse there is a strong chance and or probability that you will go blind or suffer from retina damage the can casue blindness....is that a little less absolute for you....or did i miss something again

It was rather melodramatic. Peter will be disappointed when he finds out that he is normal emo with no love life and a cooler older brother.
Yeah. Boy it sure didn't take long for Nathan to become a drunken bum, did it?

Yeah. Boy it sure didn't take long for Nathan to become a drunken bum, did it?

And showing what a great actor he is he plays quite the believable drunken bum almost as good as he played a politician :)

lets face it everything nowadyas is stolen if u no were to look

He needs claude to give him a good beating with his stick again. That will make him remember real quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"