Chapter 2 - "Lizards" - Discussion Thread 10/1/07

About the "box," why would Peter have credit cards and ID on him? Didn't he fly in the sky and explode? You mean he brought his driver's license with him when he confronted Sylar?

Also that helix symbol is decidedly NOT kanji. If it is, it's a completely butchered attempt at writing a Chinese character.

(BTW, when my wife and I heard Ando describe the symbol as "kanji," we both gave each other incredulous looks.)

Uhhh a Chinese character? is it not supposed to be Japanese ;)

Kanji are Chinese characters used or borrowed by the Japanese. Japanese uses three writing systems simultaneously. Kanji (Chinese characters), hiragana (the Japanese's own phonetic characters) and katakana (characters used to transliterate Western words. Usually, if an Westerner gets his or her name "written" in Japanese, it's being written in katakana).

In the episode, Ando told Parkman that the symbol was "kanji." Either way, the symbol doesn't resemble any Japanese writing (kanji, hiragana or katakana.)

How the hell did Peter know he could get the rope off if he has memory loss?

Easy and already explained by Claude.
Peter never needed to think to access other people's powers that was his personal mental hangup that Claude was trying to break him of.

Someone needs to tell the writers that peeping tom-ism isn't romantic or endearing, just creepy. I hope that it's revealed that Wes knew Claire had powers before he saw her cut off her toe and that's why he was spying on her. Otherwise, Wes should be arrested for flying around and peeping in girl's windows.

I also liked the vague Curt Connors references during Claire's bio class. I don't know if it was intentional on the part of the writers, but the whole conversation Claire had with her lab-coated teacher about newts and lizards regenerating lost limbs put a big smile on my face.

I think the elude that he knows who HRG is as thats who bagged and tagged him and let him go.
At least I have read that somewhere but will have to see if it plays out like the spoiler I read if so it makes sense if not hes very stalkerish :)but hey Claire is mega hot and he is a high school kid with the ability to fly.

Kanji are Chinese characters used or borrowed by the Japanese. Japanese uses three writing systems simultaneously. Kanji (Chinese characters), hiragana (the Japanese's own phonetic characters) and katakana (characters used to transliterate Western words. Usually, if an Westerner gets his or her name "written" in Japanese, it's being written in katakana).

In the episode, Ando told Parkman that the symbol was "kanji." Either way, the symbol doesn't resemble any Japanese writing (kanji, hiragana or katakana.)

Symbol.jpg

http://heroeswiki.com/Category:Symbols_Images

The symbol itself is a stylization of a combination of two kanji characters.

No higher resolution available.
Kanji_godsend_great_talent.JPG (130 × 180 pixel, file size: 4 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Ando identified the Symbol as being made up of sai and yo.

i have many things to comment about for heroes....but for now just one thing has been floating around in my mind. does anyone rememeber this character or being named uluru or uuhura that was brought up once or twice. It was a cover issue on a comic micah was reading and it was a screensaver on hiro's pc in the first season. Not to mention the charcter appeared in a comic that was drawn by Issac and as far as we know everything he has painted has come true. Is this a hint to a future evil???? Could this person/thing be connected to this new hidden evil???

If this has been mentioned already i apologize for the repeat of it but its just been floating around my brain for sometime now.

What do you guys think.......

Also, another prediction of mine:

"Heroes" is going to pull an "Alias", and it'll turn out that Peter had the Haitian take away his memories, or Peter got the power from the Haitian and did it to himself. :)

"Heroes" is going to pull an "Alias", and it'll turn out that Peter had the Haitian take away his memories, or Peter got the power from the Haitian and did it to himself. :)

and it'll turn out he was working as an assassin for the Company during the four months he was gone. Then at the end of the season we'll find out the Company has been working on a device in the shape of a large red balloon that'll release a chemical that'll kill everyone who isn't a "Hero".:ninja:

i have many things to comment about for heroes....but for now just one thing has been floating around in my mind. does anyone rememeber this character or being named uluru or uuhura that was brought up once or twice. It was a cover issue on a comic micah was reading and it was a screensaver on hiro's pc in the first season. Not to mention the charcter appeared in a comic that was drawn by Issac and as far as we know everything he has painted has come true. Is this a hint to a future evil???? Could this person/thing be connected to this new hidden evil???

If this has been mentioned already i apologize for the repeat of it but its just been floating around my brain for sometime now.

What do you guys think.......
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=273914&highlight=uluru
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11707615&postcount=11

and it'll turn out he was working as an assassin for the Company during the four months he was gone. Then at the end of the season we'll find out the Company has been working on a device in the shape of a large red balloon that'll release a chemical that'll kill everyone who isn't a "Hero".:ninja:

Will it kill them, or make them zombies? :D

zombies!!!:woot:

hopefully Claire's familiar with Project Christmas.:hq:

That's it...the killer is Rambaldi. :)

maybe Isaac was channeling him when he painted.:o

Symbol.jpg

http://heroeswiki.com/Category:Symbols_Images

The symbol itself is a stylization of a combination of two kanji characters.

Yeah, even that explanation is a stretch. That "combined" kanji doesn't exist in Japanese or Chinese.

I've always found the Japanese on the show embarrassingly laughable. (And it bothers my wife to no end!) The only character whose Japanese is comprehensible is the sword maker's daughter.

Here's a good dissertation on how the Japanese language is butchered on the show:

http://www.neko.com/GeekArchive200702.php#20070228

This is one thing that seems to annoy me just a bit with these shows and the people who watch them and comment on them. when was it stated that everything had to be perfect. its a show with made up things and suspensions of disbelief....the real incorporated with the fantasy and the made up.....you mean to tell me its okay for some one to be able to fly or heal or travel through time but they make up or give a variation of a language or symbol and we are in uproar...come one!!!. Thats like the people that got pissed of at the spider-man movie because they put an above ground train system along secind avenue. "There is no train there in New York!!!! HOw could they do that!!!" people shouted........but yeah you walk by a building called Oscorp everyday right...and how many of you graduated from empire state university. Get over it...its a show people writers can and will taje liberties with things...accept it.

Sorry about the rant and i dont mean to offend but it gets a bit annoying when people start to bring up every trivial thing about a show...I personally dont think it makes the show any less enjoyable.

Yeah, even that explanation is a stretch. That "combined" kanji doesn't exist in Japanese or Chinese.

I've always found the Japanese on the show embarrassingly laughable. (And it bothers my wife to no end!) The only character whose Japanese is comprehensible is the sword maker's daughter.

Here's a good dissertation on how the Japanese language is butchered on the show:

You are better suited to this discussion than I, if you are indeed fluent in Japanese. I'm just telling you that in the Heroes Universe, that symbol is centuries old, and is a stylized representation of two other symbols combined.

Just as how kanji is written in Japanese differs - and in many ways greatly - from its Chinese versions, writing based on symbols evolves quickly. Ando is simply repeating something that where he is, is now simply a known "fact" for him.

You are better suited to this discussion than I, if you are indeed fluent in Japanese. I'm just telling you that in the Heroes Universe, that symbol is centuries old, and is a stylized representation of two other symbols combined.

Just as how kanji is written in Japanese differs - and in many ways greatly - from its Chinese versions, writing based on symbols evolves quickly. Ando is simply repeating something that where he is, is now simply a known "fact" for him.

The bold areas are the two most important parts to that statement, this show and any other show, comic, or movie......Theses things are going on in their universe not ours. Though it may have its many various similarities, it can still have its differences.

dude, it's a tv show about people with superpowers. just go with it.

oooh, I hope they go that route. the more Haitian the better! :)

can someone sum up what happened at the end after claire ran out of the house after wes saw her cut her toe off? my dvr cut it off as soon as she ran outside. Thanks in advance.

same goes with the spanish.. in EVERY american show/movie... spanish is ALWAYS butchered.. i feel ya

can someone sum up what happened at the end after claire ran out of the house after wes saw her cut her toe off? my dvr cut it off as soon as she ran outside. Thanks in advance.

nobody?

nothing happened. she found a copy of activating evolution in the driveway and mr. muggles was barking at the sky. the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"