• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Chapter 68 - Shadowboxing - 11/9/09

As long as Sylar's actual body is out there, that story will need to be resolved. I didnt expect them to just end the sylar arc just like that. Although i'll admit it was shocking and if the writers stuck with it i'd be impressed.

Everything leading up to this next episode next week is all in vain concerning Sylar's story. It was completely pointless. We knew he would get his body back and any hope of trying to do something different has gone down the tubes. We can once again be shocked that Sylar is back!!! OMFG!!!

It was not completely pointless. The Matt/Sylar scenario is a Matt story, not a Sylar story. In Strange Attractors, Sylar pointed out that the only reason Matt fears his power is because of his insecurities. This episode Matt showed what he is willing to do to save lives. Even if Sylar does get back in his body, this has been fantastic development for Matt's character. And I'm guessing the same will be said for Peter when he finds out his brother is Sylar, but we'll have to see what comes of that.

At least Sylar is being used as a source of development for other characters this season unlike Seasons 2 and 3.

Last edited:
I agree i really liked this episode. Its crazy how I couldnt wait for Bennet to kill that evil ***** rebecca, but by the end of the episode....i really cant fault her for being so mad. Although it doesnt excuse her for killing claire's first roomate.

So by you saying Samuel will die and this sort of thing happens every season, are you saying that the antagonist dies every season? Cuz from my immediate memory, Arthur was the only main antagonist to die and wasn't he killed by Sylar? My memory is a little iffy tho so...

Linderman also died in Season 1. Danko and Adam survived into the next Season and then were killed off to hype up the new main enemy.

So by you saying Samuel will die and this sort of thing happens every season, are you saying that the antagonist dies every season? Cuz from my immediate memory, Arthur was the only main antagonist to die and wasn't he killed by Sylar? My memory is a little iffy tho so...

Story arch villains

1) Sylar - Alive
2) Adam - Killed by Arthur
3) Arthur - Killed by Sylar
4) Danko - Killed by knife guy
5) Samuel - One can only imagine.

Well, regardless, I think this episode was awesome. The only credibility lost, in my eyes, was from the preview of next week's. But honestly I doubt the writers have much of a say in what's used in the previews. I have a feeling that's all NBC's deal.
I wish they didn't show some of that in the preview, but discluding that, this episode ****ing rocked.
The Matt/Sylar stuff I always enjoy, and tonight it was like pumped to the next level.
Samuel was pleasingly shady, as always.
When Sylar's body shape-shifted back to Nathan and flew away I was like, oh snap where's he gonna go, but then kinda forgot about it til there was a knock at Peter's door and then again, resumed 'ohhh snap' mode.
I think this season is really good. And to think they didn't even touch what they left off the last episode with (Hiro and/or Mohinder.)
Good stuff, IMO.

The writers were the ones who decided to allow sylar and matt to live. We would find out next week anyways regardless. Death is so cheap on this show.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the episode. This season is really solid. I really wish they had played more with the Matt/Sylar relationship, but I have a feeling that this story arc will end pretty soon. I'm actually sad to see Claire's friend leave. Madeline Zima (sp?) is a pretty decent actress and this show could benefit from one or two more non-powered characters.

True the show would be a little more balanced with another non-powered character or two, but Madeline's character and relationship with Claire just feels forced, awkward, and lame to me, personally. I mean they could've executed it a little better so personally I hope she doesn't come back

I thought it was a good episode. My only critique would be that Mama Petrelli should have been squeezed in. At the start of the season she was pretty much keeping tabs on Nathan's every move. Now a few episodes have passed and there has been no sight of her or mention of Nathan's disappearance. Hopefully next week there will be some kind of a reference to why no one (Mama P or the general public) has noticed their son/Senator is missing. Other than that, this season has been very entertaining.

I liked the episode myself. My favorite bits were Mattler and Emma/Peter scenes. They were fun to watch.

I really enjoyed Samuel's meticulous plotting and the motive behind Becky makes her seem like more than just a tool . The Sylar/Matt interaction has been great and it was funny to hear Syler in the diner talking about how he almost killed a waitress there. I don't feel cheated that Matt didn't die because I thought it would of been too soon anyway.
I guess I can see where everything is going now but I am hoping Samuel lives through this season . Also as someone has mentioned we do need to find out what has been up with mama Patrelli .
I'm also suprised Claire's girlfriend left so soon.

It looks like the latest articles and previews are leading toward another Peter vs Sylar showdown. And as we all know, none of their previous encounters have been "epic" like they were hyped to be beforehand. And given Peter's diminished power (compared to his old empathic power) and the show's restructured budget, it's tough for me to see a way for us to witness a battle that can be considered "epic". In the previews for next week, it looks like Peter and the Haitian have some interaction, so my money is on Peter borrowing the Haitian's ability. Thus he will be able negate some of Sylar's powers, but we will ultimately probably end up with a fist fight. As lame as that sounds, it is nice to see Peter switching abilities and not becoming stagnant with just one.

It looks like the latest articles and previews are leading toward another Peter vs Sylar showdown. And as we all know, none of their previous encounters have been "epic" like they were hyped to be beforehand. And given Peter's diminished power (compared to his old empathic power) and the show's restructured budget, it's tough for me to see a way for us to witness a battle that can be considered "epic". In the previews for next week, it looks like Peter and the Haitian have some interaction, so my money is on Peter borrowing the Haitian's ability. Thus he will be able negate some of Sylar's powers, but we will ultimately probably end up with a fist fight. As lame as that sounds, it is nice to see Peter switching abilities and not becoming stagnant with just one.

That sounds cool. But technically, peter can't get the haitian's ability. Because Peter's ability to adapt other's powers will be blocked when he comes in contact with the haitian and his ability.

This probably wasn't the writers plan....but I was soooo glad to see someone die.

If Sylar were to pop back into his body next episode, I wonder if Peter would be able to just poke him to kill him.

If Sylar were to pop back into his body next episode, I wonder if Peter would be able to just poke him to kill him.

He could. But we all know that would never happen. Because Sylar is death-immune.

This is assuming that:

A) Peter finds out about the Sylar/Nathan situation.
B) Sylar doesn't keep the Nathan facade going.

It's hard to tell where the writers are going with this Sylar storyline. I'm also not excited at the prospect of yet another Peter vs Sylar showdown. Why not a Samuel vs. Sylar showdown? That would be more interesting given how powerful Samuel is.

I would actually like them to have a Sylar vs Peter showdown, kill off Sylar, and then have the rest of the season build up to a showdown between the Heroes and the Carnival.

But Sylar probably won't die until the finale, if even then.

I am tired of Peter vs Sylar...because they both live. There is no consequence so there is no point in getting excited about it.

That sounds cool. But technically, peter can't get the haitian's ability. Because Peter's ability to adapt other's powers will be blocked when he comes in contact with the haitian and his ability.

Technically, Peter could absorb the Haitian's power if he wanted to allow it. It's not like the Haitian's powers are turned on 24/7. He does have to activate them, so to speak. Otherwise Nathan would not have flown away and escaped from him and Noah in Season 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"