Chapter Seven Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by DarthSkywalker, Dec 18, 2019.

1. jolldan Registered

What an awesome episode. Definitely goes up there as one of favourite episodes of the season with 1 and 6.

Was awesome to see the characters we met in the first half of the season returning. Although if Kuiil truly has spoken for the last time then I am broken:(

My only hope is that IG-11 returns to rescue the day and get revenge for Kuiil. He said that the droid had developed a personality so maybe that was planting the seed for him to want to avenge Kuiil.

Would love to see this again with Stromtroopers (and just would love him back in general he is definitely one of the coolest droids ever to me)
    [​IMG]

Interested to see how the close season 1. While I don't want it to feel like we don't get a real ending I also don't think I want to see Esposito's character be just sort of dealt with in one episode as it feels we have been building up to the main villain.
    Yeah she's great a toss up between her Rick & Dave for me they've all just been great.

KaijuDude1992 and TheVileOne like this.
  2. Monsieur Xavier Guildsman

I'm sure reprogrammed IG-11 will crew with Mando to get The Kid back and it will change Mando POV towards him....or not.
    There was always droids close to the main characters in Star Wars, R2D2/C3PO, BB8, the R-whatever unite in SW rebels, why not a butler/assassin in The Mandalorian.

#77 Monsieur Xavier, Dec 20, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  3. Zorro IncognitoX

After the finale, it's going to be so good to rewatch everything together by binging

4. PunyGod Astronomer

It pays to watch this episode before TROS...

5. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Wishes? He is pulled it off on multiple occasions, including an all time cliffhanger with TFA. But it is okay Vile, I get that you like to troll. :cwink:

6. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Yes, all 7 episodes.

7. TheVileOne Registered

Yes.

8. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Just remember, because it is important. Everything was going swimmingly until Rian Johnson. But I am sure that won't stop you from taking your digs in threads that have nothing to do with it.

9. TheVileOne Registered

I spread the blame around equally. I don't think it's a single variable answer.

10. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

I have no blame for JJ. Because outside of a few issues, he has made two of my favorite Star Wars flicks. But beyond that, TLJ was setup with anticipation do to JJ's work. Star Wars was flying high, until Rian. And then suddenly Star Wars was "dead".

11. TheVileOne Registered

To each their own. I say, let Deborah Chow do a full movie and she will surpass both Johnson and Abrams.

12. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't. I am going to enjoy her Obi-Wan series first.

13. Zorro IncognitoX

Huh? Why doesn't the 8th episode count?

14. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

He meant episodes 1-6 and then 8.

15. inomilan Registered

Best episode of the season so far

16. MandoFan I did disintegrate a few of them.

Chapter 7 is a really great example of how this series has been masterfully built from the beginning. I've noticed a lot of people complaining that there's been too much "filler". Does everyone not realize that this was all shot as a single movie and then divided into chapters? It wasn't a matter of writing one, shooting it, and then moving on to writing the next one without regard for the entire series (JJ, RJ, JJ). The way it's unfolding is entirely by design. Maybe too many people are just used to series that aren't done that way and they don't want to get burned at the end?

TheVileOne likes this.
  17. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

Damn, if there was ever an episode where I shouted "OH COME ON MAN!!" when it ended, it's this one.

Now I didn't mind the filler episodes, but I was happy to see the plot from the first 3 episodes return. The stakes are high once again, and **** is going down. I was so saddened to see Kuill killed, good character, gunned down by the Empire after working so hard to be free. Maybe it's bait and switch though? We'll see.

Also, it was nice to see a Tie Fighter's landing sequence.

18. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say he means episode 4, from what I recall of that thread.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  19. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Great to see everything coming back around, and those "filler" episodes pay off, as we see Mando assembling a team of those he's met along the way to get back to where he started.

Nice to see Carano and Nolte's characters again, and I love the little mini-story unto itself of Nolte rebuilding IG-11.

Baby Yoda showing more glimmers of his Force abilities by Force-choking Cara.

I like how the bit with the flying creatures was filmed almost like a horror movie. It felt like a scene out of Pitch Black or something.

Establishing the concept of Force healing.

Speeder bikes! Scout troopers! Death Troopers! TIE-Fighter!

I like how much more clean and polished Moff Gideon's troops are than Herzog's.

20. TheVileOne Registered

I blame channels like Star Wars Explained sort of getting impatient with the show after the third episode. People want the whole story now without seeing the big picture. I don't think anyone ever said Gina Carano and Carl Weathers would be in every episode. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for Karga to be in each episode when Mando is on the run and trying to lie low from the guild after he basically broke ranks and violated the code.

The payoff to those episodes with Cara Dune, Kuiil, Karga and the rest all coming together was masterful as you pointed out.

#95 TheVileOne, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    MandoFan likes this.
  21. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I watched 6, 7 and 8 together last night. 6 was great, 7 was much better and 8 was better again. What a show!

flickchick85 likes this.