The Mandalorian Chapter Seven Spoiler Discussion

I'm sure reprogrammed IG-11 will crew with Mando to get The Kid back and it will change Mando POV towards him....or not.
There was always droids close to the main characters in Star Wars, R2D2/C3PO, BB8, the R-whatever unite in SW rebels, why not a butler/assassin in The Mandalorian.

Last edited:
Now that's a good old fashioned cliffhanger! What a tense episode. JJ Abrams wishes he could do something this good.

And yes, Deborah Chow is a badass director.

Also, he has spoken for the last time.
Wishes? He is pulled it off on multiple occasions, including an all time cliffhanger with TFA. But it is okay Vile, I get that you like to troll. :cwink:

Just remember, because it is important. Everything was going swimmingly until Rian Johnson. But I am sure that won't stop you from taking your digs in threads that have nothing to do with it.

I spread the blame around equally. I don't think it's a single variable answer.
I have no blame for JJ. Because outside of a few issues, he has made two of my favorite Star Wars flicks. But beyond that, TLJ was setup with anticipation do to JJ's work. Star Wars was flying high, until Rian. And then suddenly Star Wars was "dead".

I have no blame for JJ. Because outside of a few issues, he has made two of my favorite Star Wars flicks.

To each their own. I say, let Deborah Chow do a full movie and she will surpass both Johnson and Abrams.

To each their own. I say, let Deborah Chow do a full movie and she will surpass both Johnson and Abrams.
Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't. I am going to enjoy her Obi-Wan series first.

Chapter 7 is a really great example of how this series has been masterfully built from the beginning. I've noticed a lot of people complaining that there's been too much "filler". Does everyone not realize that this was all shot as a single movie and then divided into chapters? It wasn't a matter of writing one, shooting it, and then moving on to writing the next one without regard for the entire series (JJ, RJ, JJ). The way it's unfolding is entirely by design. Maybe too many people are just used to series that aren't done that way and they don't want to get burned at the end?

Damn, if there was ever an episode where I shouted "OH COME ON MAN!!" when it ended, it's this one.

Now I didn't mind the filler episodes, but I was happy to see the plot from the first 3 episodes return. The stakes are high once again, and **** is going down. I was so saddened to see Kuill killed, good character, gunned down by the Empire after working so hard to be free. Maybe it's bait and switch though? We'll see.

Also, it was nice to see a Tie Fighter's landing sequence.

Great to see everything coming back around, and those "filler" episodes pay off, as we see Mando assembling a team of those he's met along the way to get back to where he started.

Nice to see Carano and Nolte's characters again, and I love the little mini-story unto itself of Nolte rebuilding IG-11.

Baby Yoda showing more glimmers of his Force abilities by Force-choking Cara.

I like how the bit with the flying creatures was filmed almost like a horror movie. It felt like a scene out of Pitch Black or something.

Establishing the concept of Force healing.

Speeder bikes! Scout troopers! Death Troopers! TIE-Fighter!

I like how much more clean and polished Moff Gideon's troops are than Herzog's.

Chapter 7 is a really great example of how this series has been masterfully built from the beginning. I've noticed a lot of people complaining that there's been too much "filler". Does everyone not realize that this was all shot as a single movie and then divided into chapters? It wasn't a matter of writing one, shooting it, and then moving on to writing the next one without regard for the entire series (JJ, RJ, JJ). The way it's unfolding is entirely by design. Maybe too many people are just used to series that aren't done that way and they don't want to get burned at the end?

I blame channels like Star Wars Explained sort of getting impatient with the show after the third episode. People want the whole story now without seeing the big picture. I don't think anyone ever said Gina Carano and Carl Weathers would be in every episode. Plus, it wouldn't make sense for Karga to be in each episode when Mando is on the run and trying to lie low from the guild after he basically broke ranks and violated the code.

The payoff to those episodes with Cara Dune, Kuiil, Karga and the rest all coming together was masterful as you pointed out.

Last edited:
I watched 6, 7 and 8 together last night. 6 was great, 7 was much better and 8 was better again. What a show!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"