Chapter Two Spoiler Discussion

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by DarthSkywalker, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Detective Conan Registered

This episode was much directed than the last one (which helps it was done by an experienced director instead of a first-timer like Filoni). Nice episode.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  2. Broseph44 Witness Me

I ****ing love this show. It is all kinds of awesome. And so glad they stuck with the credits being concept art for said episode. And when that theme kicks in at the end of them, love.

3. DKDetective Elementary, Dear Robin

God, I love Pascal in this. Just oozes so much character and charisma, even behind the helmet. He feels like a cross between The Man with No Name and Indiana Jones. The Child is also a great character. The world building in this is so good. It feels like the OT where is not a ton of exposition, but you learn a lot through what the characters say and do. Also, Greigg Fraser is my boy. God, I love his Star Wars cinematography.

4. Speed Force thwip

My thoughts as well.

MurkeNyou and Astro13Zombie like this.
  5. OtherwiseKnownAs Seeker for Truth and Penitence (P)

The Child is the single cutest gosh-darn thing on the planet. Great episode, nice seeing the inner-workings of Jawa society. Nothing major happened, besides confirmation that the Child is Force-sensitive, which is something I think we all assumed.

6. KaijuDude1992 Registered

God seeing little Gizmo Yoda in that floating stroller the whole time was just an overload of cuteness. Really love what they are doing with that character so far and the relationship it has Pascaldaorian. The whole scene with the beast was so well done, but I expected to see Gizmo Yoda use the force at some point which was dope and brought the biggest grin to my face. I really didn't expect to see the Jawas again though, but I enjoyed their little screen time as well, especially Mando zapping them to dust and the egg bit at the end.

I am seriously hoping we see more Nick Nolte's character down the road too, because he's really starting to grow on me. He's such a cool and likable character IMO.

7. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Yes, Gizmo is the cutest.

8. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    Or is it... Gizmoda?

Gizmo+Yoda.

Huh? Eh?

I'll see myself out.

KaijuDude1992 and DarthSkywalker like this.
  9. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

Yep, that is a perfect way of putting it. He's Blondie crossed with Indy.

10. Astro13Zombie Registered

Another fantastic episode.
    Really loving the baby Yoda stuff.
    I got a good laugh out of him hauling ass in his little floating stroller behind the sandcrawler

KaijuDude1992 and DarthSkywalker like this.
  11. LeagueOfBats Registered

My heart was melting the entire episode. Baby Yoda is the cutest little thing. The way it kept hopping out of its basket and Mando putting it back in reminded me of Toy Story 4 where Forky keeps trying to throw himself into a bin and Woody stops him It seems as though his race is naturally force-sensitive, they're really doubling down on shutting up those "Rey is a Mary Sue" folk with that one. The build-up to that reveal was great too, giving us that clue that he was trying to do a force-heal when Mando got injured.

12. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

[​IMG]

Broseph44 and Snow Queen like this.
  13. Joined:
    Dec 27, 2012
    No, no, that's it, think I'm done now.

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  14. Marvolo Registered

About the Mando's origin, in the first episode the Mando said he was once a Foundling and the Blacksmith said the excess Beskar would sponsor many of them. I assume the Mandos have an "it takes a village to raise a child" culture so orphans that dont have a family are given charity Beskar to make their first armor and to support their financial needs. The question is do the Mandos only do this for Foundlings from Mando clans or do they do this for any orphans they find? It wouldnt surprise me if the Mando's entire clan was wiped out by the Separatists in the Clone Wars. He seems prejudiced against droids.

Gizmo is so damn precious.

These episodes are too ****ing short! I thought this season's budget was $10 million per episode? Or was that only ever speculation?

It's surprising how faithfully theyve copied the tone of Clone Wars and Rebels. Filoni hasnt missed a beat going from animation to live action.

15. KaijuDude1992 Registered

The whole Sandcrawler sequence with the Jawas felt like something ripped straight out of the OT which is exactly what made it so awesome IMO. I also got strong Indiana Jones vibes from this episode which was quite a surprise as well. I am really loving how they are able to incorporate so many different tones in this series from classic Star Wars, to old school Westerns and now even a little Indiana Jones thrown into the mix.

Karelia and thangaran like this.
  16. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Not gonna lie, the Sandcrawler sequence reminded me of this.

17. Nathan_Koren This is the way...

You all said it for me folks. Well said. I enjoyed the episodes so far. And my gods i cant get over how cute and adorable baby Yoby is. Just look at those damn eyes. :hrt:

Broseph44, Karelia and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  18. DKDetective Elementary, Dear Robin

Blondie or Joe? I get stronger elements of Joe from A Fistful of Dollars than Blondie in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. But yeah, I noticed a lot of Indy-like elements in the Jawa chase and the fight with the Beast. Just the world weariness when he is knocked down.

19. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You (P)

To me all three are the same guy, especially once Blondie puts on that poncho. But yeah, I could see him more as Yjimbo. And there is a level of flustered going with it that killed me. He was basically Indy on the tank or truck during the sandcrawler sequence.

DKDetective likes this.
  20. Astro13Zombie Registered

Baby yoda using the force was equally precious and badass.
    He was all tuckered out :atp:

I have a friend at work that loves Star Wars but hates anything cute being involved in it.
    I know we’re gonna disagree on this episode tomorrow.
    I’m gonna have to defend it.
    Just like I’d defend a precious little sweet angel baby Yoda.

KaijuDude1992 and flickchick85 like this.
  21. thangaran Registered

Absolutely loved little cute baby yoda..

the talent involved with this show is impeccable and superb. I am enjoying the hell out of this show. It feels like the expanded universe books and old trilogy!

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  22. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Ehhhh, except this is mostly good.

moviedoors and Snow Queen like this.
  23. TheVileOne Registered

I liked old school EU, and the show does seem like a live-action version of olde EU.

Karelia likes this.
  24. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

This was a really fun episode.

Watching the credits remind me of Spartacus on Starz and just nodding to the music and enjoying the visuals.

KaijuDude1992 and TheVileOne like this.
  25. TheVileOne Registered

Anyone want to theorize how the tracking fobs work? Is it like digital DNA tracking?