The Mandalorian Chapter Four Spoiler Discussion

It was fine. Nice seeing loth-cats in live-action. Womp Rat remains adorable. Seeing just how terrifying an AT-ST would be to the average person was pretty cool. Was this a different model than the ones we’ve seen before? For some reason the head looked a little thinner to me, and the red eyes are new as far as I know.

Considering the new paint and assorted other things the raiders slapped on that walker, I assumed the red eyes were something they did to make it more "badass".

What I am worried about overall is what baby Yoda’s eventual fate will he through the series. I really hope the cute baby doesn’t die given its not mentioned in future canon...it would so so upset me if they took a dark fate with little baby yoda... :argh::cmad::csad:

the red eyes are new as far as I know.
Is this the first time we've seen an AT-ST in action at night? The red interior lighting reminds me of how submarines and surface warships in the real world "rig for red".

What I am worried about overall is what baby Yoda’s eventual fate will he through the series. I really hope the cute baby doesn’t die given its not mentioned in future canon...it would so so upset me if they took a dark fate with little baby yoda... :argh::cmad::csad:

That the people we've met in the future haven't mentioned him doesn't mean much...other than they don't know him. The galaxy is a big place. Not everyone should know each other on some "Vader built C3PO" or "Yoda hanging with Chewbacca" nonsense.

That the people we've met in the future haven't mentioned him doesn't mean much...other than they don't know him. The galaxy is a big place. Not everyone should know each other on some "Vader built C3PO" or "Yoda hanging with Chewbacca" nonsense.
The galaxy is a big space except they treat every planet like it’s a small town. That’s what I couldn’t get over. It’s. A. Whole. Planet. But there’s only one little village they have to share?

I was stunned that Mando had no problem just taking the kid with him into the town and just assumed "It's a backwater planet, nobody will find us here."

He blasted past dozens of bounty hunters with something the bad guys obviously wanted very badly - does he really think they're just going to give up looking for it? He doesn't think there's any way he could be tracked? Followed? He thinks there isn't any way somebody on that backwater planet can communicate with someone and say "Hey, you know that rare species baby that got stolen by a Mandalorian? It's right here, they're sitting out in the open in the bar."

And sure enough, he was tracked. But strangely, it was only by one bounty hunter. Realistically there should have been at least half a dozen, the bounty on his head must be huge. Oh well.

I also agree with those who were surprised he took his helmet off right in front of the open window. People saw him. Why did he do that? That was strange.

I was stunned that Mando had no problem just taking the kid with him into the town and just assumed "It's a backwater planet, nobody will find us here."

He blasted past dozens of bounty hunters with something the bad guys obviously wanted very badly - does he really think they're just going to give up looking for it? He doesn't think there's any way he could be tracked? Followed? He thinks there isn't any way somebody on that backwater planet can communicate with someone and say "Hey, you know that rare species baby that got stolen by a Mandalorian? It's right here, they're sitting out in the open in the bar."

And sure enough, he was tracked. But strangely, it was only by one bounty hunter. Realistically there should have been at least half a dozen, the bounty on his head must be huge. Oh well.

I also agree with those who were surprised he took his helmet off right in front of the open window. People saw him. Why did he do that? That was strange.
Well,it can be a way to show ,he is reckleless,overconfendent and so on. He is rather sure that there Will be no problem on the planet .
And with his anger issues.it can come and bite him in the ass

Stupid traveling for the holiday and family not having kids old enough to watch this show...

Enjoyed the episode. Protect the village is a solid trope to use in a Star Wars story.

Gizmo's expressions were perfect this episode. Especially with him messing with the ship. And of course Filoni would bring in a Loth Cat. Hilarious to see in live action.

It was nice to see Klatoonians again. And their walker was neat. And I liked the villagers. Not sure why people seem to be annoyed by the kid. She was a kid. And it was great to see Gizmo interacting with other kids.

I do find it interesting that a lot of the hyped up supporting cast seem to be a bit more limited than what the lead up advertising would suggest. IG-11 was one and done. Cara Dunne appears to be (thankfully, not a fan of Gina Carano).

I think what seems to be throwing people of was how much the Mando talked in this one. Which, I think, was a nice change of pace.

I do find it interesting that a lot of the hyped up supporting cast seem to be a bit more limited than what the lead up advertising would suggest. IG-11 was one and done. Cara Dunne appears to be (thankfully, not a fan of Gina Carano).

I think what seems to be throwing people of was how much the Mando talked in this one. Which, I think, was a nice change of pace.

Good points.
Mando was voluble but it fitted the episode.
Maybe he will recruit them (Cara & I have spoken guy) in S02 (maybe not IG-11 but it would be nice if he salvaged the droid).

Mando says "we raised some hell here a few weeks back" when he's telling Cara it's time for her to move on. So within the episode it hasn't necessarily been months that have passed (since 3 weeks would qualify as "a few"), but they'd definitely been there for a while.
Ahh yeah that was it.. thanks

I felt like whole episode probably took place over 3 to 6 weeks

which would have allowed some training time before the big fight and some romance building afterwards

But this possibly wasn’t conveyed as well as it could have been

I don't really get the complaining about this episode.

It continued the character development of Mando showing a more altruistic streak and helping/defending others, albeit not entirely without ulterior motives (laying low on their farm).

Gina Carano's limited acting abilities weren't really taxed by her role.

It was pretty cool to see an AT-ST, right up there with the Jawa Sandcrawler among my favorite things this show has thrown in so far.

Bryce Dallas Howard's direction was okay. Some of the hand-to-hand fighting was a little clunky, but that's been true all along IMO, and the way she filmed the Walker chasing them through the woods with its red eyes was pretty cool.

I think we all held our breath there at the end with Baby Yoda in the crosshairs.

I don't really get the complaining about this episode.

It continued the character development of Mando showing a more altruistic streak and helping/defending others, albeit not entirely without ulterior motives (laying low on their farm).

Gina Carano's limited acting abilities weren't really taxed by her role.

It was pretty cool to see an AT-ST, right up there with the Jawa Sandcrawler among my favorite things this show has thrown in so far.

Bryce Dallas Howard's direction was okay. Some of the hand-to-hand fighting was a little clunky, but that's been true all along IMO, and the way she filmed the Walker chasing them through the woods with its red eyes was pretty cool.

I think we all held our breath there at the end with Baby Yoda in the crosshairs.

Bryce Dallas Howard's inexperience as a director did show here, but I mean you got to get experience somehow.

Finally got round to watching episode 4 of the Mandalorian last night.

• Really enjoyed it the initial fight scene with Gina and Pedro was nicely choreographed. I liked that even though it was well done it felt like a real fight.
  • Honestly I liked the more wholesome feeling to this planet, for the most part these places seem to be either full of good guys or bad guys this felt like run of the mill people just trying to live their life.
  • Probably the most menacing I have seen one of those AT-ST's ever been used in Star Wars. Usually feels like they are little more than comedic effect but this one felt legitimately dangerous
The training scene with the locals reminded me of the seven samurai/magnificent seven sort of vibe
Just gutted that its halfway done already:(.

3icd6w.gif

Looks to me like their both coming back.

cara-dune-databank_b8d61a7f.jpeg

Yeah also besides the figure one of the main images they circulated was her with the bigass gun.
Has that even happened yet. Still to come!
Also she says one of her first scenes shooting was
on a Blurgg
which hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001