The Mandalorian Chapter Three Spoiler Discussion

I'm usually against cutesy stuff but I can't help but love me Baby Yoda. I want Mondo to raise him and make him a sidekick. His own robin!

What a twist that would be. The internet falls in love then he turns out to be evil or something.

So far, we can attribute Baby Yoda's motives to necessary self-preservation. If, without a wise teacher to warn him, Baby Yoda learns how convenient the Force can be, a habit of casual use would make him dangerous even without Sith-level ambition.

I wonder if droids are vulnerable to the Jedi Mind Trick. The only being who acted with complete disregard for Baby Yoda's life was the bounty hunter droid IG-11. Even the Client only went so far as to say that the asset's death would be acceptable, not that it was mandatory.

I hope he gets a lens piece attachment and jetpack at some point.

tnABjEa.gif

bj1OAwO.gif

Pretty much agree with everyone. This show is truly great and a bonus for me was seeing an IG series model in action. Although I believe that was in the second episode. Never played many of the games but I always remember fighting IG-88 in the Shadows of the Empire game on the N64 and always wanted to see one in a live action film. The one just standing there in Empire with the other bounty hunters doesn't count in my eyes. Haha

The choice to have the Mando rescue Baby Yoda and the rest of the Mandos rising up to save him at the end felt abrupt to me. Maybe it was the setup, but the series had established that the Mando is pretty morally ambiguous, and I don't think there had been enough time to sell his change of heart, especially since we don't know what his plan is going forward. This is the kind of dramatic turn you put later in the story, once the bond between them is better fortified.

The choice to have the Mando rescue Baby Yoda and the rest of the Mandos rising up to save him at the end felt abrupt to me. Maybe it was the setup, but the series had established that the Mando is pretty morally ambiguous, and I don't think there had been enough time to sell his change of heart, especially since we don't know what his plan is going forward. This is the kind of dramatic turn you put later in the story, once the bond between them is better fortified.

That's one of the main reasons to show those flashbacks of him as a kid. Not just to give him some backstory for the audience but to give him a motive as to why he broke the rules and saved a child.

That's one of the main reasons to show those flashbacks of him as a kid. Not just to give him some backstory for the audience but to give him a motive as to why he broke the rules and saved a child.
This

Baby Yoda took Mando back to when he was a kid and lost his parents. Seems Mando doesn’t want Baby Yoda to suffer like he did as a child

Yea, out of the possibilities mentioned above I'd guess Yoda.

I cannot see it being a Jedi who saved Mando. Episode 2 confirmed that he is completely unfamiliar with the Force and how it works (given his lack of understanding of what Baby Yoda did to the horned animal).

This one is my fav so far...Mando head position (like yeah...)+ Baby Yoda little hand reaching :)

e6e55a65d8c335e79a7f5fe3738d2c6eb7fa721c.gifv

Finally got caught up with The Mandalorian

First 3 chapters have been excellent so far can't wait for the next one.

Definitely my favourite (and imo the best) Star Wars bit of media I have seen since Phantom Menace.
tenor.gif

I cannot see it being a Jedi who saved Mando. Episode 2 confirmed that he is completely unfamiliar with the Force and how it works (given his lack of understanding of what Baby Yoda did to the horned animal).

I think he must know about Jedi and the Force, but he's just never seen someone use the Force and doesnt know the mechanics of it or why Gizmo passed out because of it.

There are churches and religions of the Force, the Jedi were involved in the history of Mandalore, the Empire hunted down Jedi and probably employed the bounty hunter guild some, and Luke Skywalker's legend was spreading across the galaxy during the events of the OT. Mando would have to be living under a rock to be totally ignorant about the Force and Jedi.

Probably the best episode so far.

A key moment of character development when Mando went back for Baby Yoda, and all the other Mandalorians showing up to save the day with their jetpacks was a badass moment.

I assume it's no accident that Herzog was left alive though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"