The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Chris Cooper IS Norman Osborn

Seems the serum is going the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde route, grotesque figure with enhanced abilities then when it wears off staves off the viral symptoms for a period. Only in this case in Norman's case the process has worn his body out. harry is just starting thus cycle. I have no doubt the metamorphosis Harry demonstrated happened for Norman also.

and at the last second of that scene you see a nurse or doctor strolling a cart with that chamber that had his head in it.

I don't understand why they'd keep that in the movie if they cut out the other scene showing his head being preserved. Why not keep that in as an after-credits scene? I just don't get it.

Interesting about the scanning his body and head. Is this for measurements for his own personal suit? Or to make a model for Chameleon to pose as? Since the head scene is scrapped (and I wonder too if it will be seen as a deleted scene or just scrapped entirely), if from what I read he is green, scaly, and has claws for fingernails and Cooper said this was an introduction to Norman, I assume he's going to come back not as Norman anymore but possibly a mixture of 616 and Ultimate. He'll have claws like the Ultimate Green Goblin but a face, ears, and suit like the 616-version minus the elf hat.

I wonder if the we will see Norman's head in the next movie?

I liked that they were able to the the essence of Norman and Harry's relationship to each other in literally one scene.

Chris Cooper was so good in his only scene in the movie that it made me wish that he was at least featured in the first movie.

As much as people dislike the Clone Saga, there are elements of and themes associated with that arc that would work perfectly with the story parameters they've established so far, and I'd really like to see them use some of the stuff from that arc in future movies.

I thought Cooper was good, but I wasn't that impressed with his performance.

Didn't touch Dafoe, though the angle was a lot more subtle and yet more simple at the same time.

What we got of Cooper was very little, but I loved it. I wasn't expecting him to be so evil. From the trailers, well, they didn't show him so evil, so I was expecting a twisted take on Norman, but no. It was just evil. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that in the future.

What is the ''head scene"?

I liked that they were able to the the essence of Norman and Harry's relationship to each other in literally one scene.
This.

What is the ''head scene"?
There's a supposed post-credit scene that was scrapped that had
The Gentleman enter a chamber with Norman's head cryogenically frozen, and he said to it, "Wake up old friend."

I thought Cooper was good, but I wasn't that impressed with his performance.

Didn't touch Dafoe, though the angle was a lot more subtle and yet more simple at the same time.

Didn't touch Dafoe? Cooper had one small scene and a few lines of dialogue, sick and in bed. Not exactly the basis for a fair comparison yet.

I think Webb had no intention for Copper to become the GG all along.

Why would they even cast such a big name as Copper for one scene? Seems like an implausible waste of money as i'm sure his fee is way higher than some C list, or lower actor, who could have pulled off the same scene.

If he doesn't return in the sequel, his casting will be the biggest :confused: for me.

I think Webb had no intention for Copper to become the GG all along.

i dont think so. i think they wanted it, but they changed it, maybe even script got changed during the movie. i think harry was never in plan running Sinister Six. Hell, Dane didnt even know until he filmed his scenes for TASM2 that Sony planning expanding his role because when he was casted they didnt said anything to him. He didnt sign multi-picture deal.

We will probably see Cooper's Goblin at some point, because it's waste cast a such actor for nothing and not give him screen-time and good role.

i dont think so. i think they wanted to, but they changed it, maybe even script got changed during the movie. i think harry was never in plan running Sinister Six. Hell, Dane didnt even know until he filmed his scenes for TASM2 that Sony planning expanding his role because when he was casted they didnt said anything to him. He didnt sign multi-picture deal.

We will probably see Cooper's Goblin at some point, because it's waste cast such actor for nothing and not give him screen-time and good role.

Yeah I think he's going to play a big part in 3. He's responsible for most of the turmoil in Peter's life.

Yeah, he is. He probably ordered the hit on Peter's parents.

Do they ever allude in the film that Cooper was the Green Goblin before Harry?

He had claws and an appearance similar to end of film Harry.

But no real references.

I think maybe his death scene was a fake-out and he will become the villain of ASM3.

Which makes him more a bastard father than ever. He passes his disease onto his son and then, if true, he faked his death or had his head cryogenically frozen/encased in a jar to be reawakened and given a new body that can temporarily sustain his disease, if Harry finds out, it'll either go two ways:

1. Teamup or Option 2. A fight to the death as both Goblins.

And correct me if I am wrong, but there wasn't anything about Harry's mother and whether or not she was alive, right? What if Norman killed her by accident due to his disease or by purpose? Then, yet again, the audience has another reason to hate him.

Plus, Norman hired an assassin to kill the Parkers so there's that too.

He only had one scene, but Chris Cooper left me with the impression he can bring a mean performance. He seemed almost inhuman. A reptillian menace about him, his words cutting like razors, coupled with a steely glare. I think he'll be back.

Two scenes technically, that video of him and Richard Parker together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"