The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Chris Cooper IS Norman Osborn

i'm not expecting to see sandman in these films at any time so you would have to see creative for the sinister Six

Yeah, I've got no problem with a substitute or two. I just don't think the Lizard is a realistic choice. I don't see the villain whose sole motivation was to turn everyone into lizards teaming up with other villains. I think Shocker or someone similar could work better. That and I'd personally have Hobgoblin instead of Green Goblin.

Massee - Chameleon?
Feore - Vulture?
Giamatti - Rhino
Dehann or Cooper - Goblin
Foxx - Electro
Ifans - Lizard

Sinister Six

Don't forget the fat check out guy who wouldn't let Peter buy the milk.

Check out Guy - Kingpin

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/ama...ris-cooper-talks-norman-osborns-future-179776

-Chris Cooper -

Um, well, when you see [laughs], when you see Spider-Man 2, you’ll realize this is the introduction to Norman Osborn, and apparently it’s going to lead to other things down the road. But an actor has to do these big tent pole productions something like once every five years. It just keeps the name alive, as some of these smaller films that may not make it around the world tend not to do.

All I can is this is a very strange introduction for Norman Osborn. I just can’t reveal why it’s that way, but this is not the beginning of Norman. It is the introduction, but it’s not the beginning, and I think that’s as far as I can go.

When asked about his experiences with green screen, Cooper let slip “the green screen work is yet to come. And maybe in the Spider-Man 3 that’ll be, that’ll be a big part.”

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Amaz...s-Massive-Norman-Osborn-Easter-Egg-42817.html

We are about to talk openly about the character of Norman Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Leave now if you haven’t seen the movie.

Norman Osborn dies on screen. Chris Cooper has a conversation with his son, Harry (Dane DeHaan), and passes on the "Osborn curse" – a disease in the family bloodline that Norman has been trying to cure for decades through his aggressive genetic research at OsCorp. He failed, and right before he died, he passed to Harry a cube – using his fantastically grotesque goblin hands – that has information Norman hopes can lead Harry to a cure. But how can Norman be dead? Doesn’t he have to play a major role in future movies? I asked Marc Webb, and he told me:
"As for his future… I mean, I don’t really want to say anything. He’s dead. He’s dead. He actually died. How about that?"

Fair enough. But for anyone who has endured a Marvel movie since The Avengers, we know that no one dies in a superhero movie. They all come back in the "thrilling" third act reveal! So I tabled the Norman "death" discussion and spoke with Webb about the physical look of Norman in The Amazing Spider-Man 2… particularly those demonic hands. And the director told me that there was real inspiration to the appearance of Norman in this movie, saying:
Part of that came from the comics – the more grotesque parts of that character. The other thing is that I’d imagined [Norman] had been treating himself with all different types of things, none of which worked. He had been using himself as a test case. Part of his skin discolorization was from his disease. But part also came from those cross-species experiments that he had been developing in Curt Connors’ lab."

Speaking of color, there was something I noticed in a very important moment in Norman’s time on screen in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and it’s something you need to look out for when you go see the movie. After Norman dies, Webb includes a scene where techs are breaking down the bed where Chris Cooper was confined. And if you pay attention, you’ll see a green laser scan over Norman’s body. I asked Marc Webb what that laser represents, and he was legitimately shocked that I noticed it.

Wow. I am impressed. That’s good. There is meaning behind the laser, yes. That will have impact …Whether or not it will be in the Sinister Six movie, or the next Spider-Man movie, I don’t know. That’s the question, and I actually don’t know the answer to that myself. But that [laser] does have meaning."

Last edited:
We already know something bigger is coming regarding him. He's a chessmaster like that.

Hmmm that's interesting

I didn't believe for a second that Norman was dead when watching this film. I was expecting him to reveal he was alive all the way through but obviously that didn't happen. I saw the green laser too so I'm wondering if thats going to lead there being a cloned Norman osborn which would suck imo.

I don't know any thing about a green laser but I think he has to come back or he would really be a wast.

what is this green laser people keep talking about? I'm seeing the movie a second time so can you tell me the scene where it appears so I know when to pay attention

what is this green laser people keep talking about? I'm seeing the movie a second time so can you tell me the scene where it appears so I know when to pay attention

It's in the scene where doctors and people are in norman's room after he "died" and a laser goes over his bed

Did anyone else see Norman in the bed when the laser was going over him? and after the lasers done a new goes over and put her hand on his head.

Yup, scanning his head or something, or taking measurements.

If I remember correctly, the person doing the scanning also had a stethoscope like she was going to check if he was breathing which I thought didn't make any sense considering he's already been declared dead, so he's obviously not or something. Plus we saw the head in that leaked thingy.

If I remember correctly, the person doing the scanning also had a stethoscope like she was going to check if he was breathing which I thought didn't make any sense considering he's already been declared dead, so he's obviously not or something. Plus we saw the head in that leaked thingy.

and at the last second of that scene you see a nurse or doctor strolling a cart with that chamber that had his head in it.

Didn't see that, I'll pay more attention on my second viewing sunday ;)

Didn't see that, I'll pay more attention on my second viewing sunday ;)

Awesome, yeah i saw it on my second too because I was looking out for it. It's literally a split second too. Oh and it's on the right of the screen.

I only saw it last night because everybody kept mentioning it. I literally was looking for it during the scene.

I thought Cooper was outstanding in his only scene.. He definetley gave off a sort of GG type vibe.

He's going to tear s*** up in TASM 3. Expect a real Goblin looking villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"