The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Chris Cooper IS Norman Osborn

Thanks a lot for that maniacal laugh clip, to those who posted it. That sold me on him. (Also Bourne.)

Only problem is, now I'm gonna be saying 'maniacal laaaaugh' for the rest of the day. Ugh. lol

I hope they use the cross species genetics story to physically turn him into the goblin and not just a guy who wears a mask.

But he won't be Gobby in this movie.

That would destroy alot of the greatness of Norman/Green Goblin right there.

I hope not. Hulk Goblin sucks.

Yeah, I agree. For some reason, a lot of people loved him once upon a time. Dunno if that's changed.

Completely eroded the attraction of the character, imo. One of my few nitpicks with the otherwise awesome early Ultimate books.

id have said webb wouldnt go with anything raimi already done which is the masked goblin but clearly webb doesn't care esp after seeing the new spidey suit

id have said webb wouldnt go with anything raimi already done which is the masked goblin but clearly webb doesn't care esp after seeing the new spidey suit

I'd consider Raimis GG as a helmet/mask. If this version of GG has a mask I'd hope it to be a latex fit to face type of mask if you know what I mean.

I wholeheartedly approve of this casting decision.

Cooper has the perfect acting range for this role. He can play smart business suit types (The Bourne Identity, Breach), he can play the nice, approachable guy (The Patriot), and he can play the disapproving father to a tee (October Sky). He's pretty much the perfect guy to play this role.

I can't wait to see what he brings to the table as Norman Osborn!

The voice he has when he says "Maniacal laugh!" in that video is exactly the voice I imagine Green Goblin to have when not screaming and laughing that is.

All of this casting sounds really wonderful. Chris Cooper's character in the Muppets is very Norman Osborne-like. He really is wonderful in everything he's in. However, I'm really concerned about this movie. There are so many character's involved, I'm concerned that the plot will become too unfocused and muddled (like Spider-man 3, Iron Man 2, and The Dark Knight Rises). I loved the first one so my hopes are high, but I'm concerned that they're trying to cram too much into one movie.

I'm not floored, but he'll definitely suffice. He's not my ideal Norman but I know he'll do a good job. He often portrays troubled characters so it should come natural to him.

Chris Cooper? Hellz Yea :up:

All of this casting sounds really wonderful. Chris Cooper's character in the Muppets is very Norman Osborne-like. He really is wonderful in everything he's in. However, I'm really concerned about this movie. There are so many character's involved, I'm concerned that the plot will become too unfocused and muddled (like Spider-man 3, Iron Man 2, and The Dark Knight Rises). I loved the first one so my hopes are high, but I'm concerned that they're trying to cram too much into one movie.

thing is everyone is seeing this as MJ will have a big role, norman will have a big role ect ect, but chances are they will have small supporting roles similar to maybe Irrfan Khan in TASM leading up to maybe a bigger role in TASM3, while peter,gwen, harry and electro will have bigger roles

Last edited:
Whether CGI or costume, Cooper's age won't be a big deal. In a costume, you just use a stunt guy as the Goblin. With CGI, you just animate the Goblin.

All I have to say is F*********K YEA! Chris Cooper is freakin awesome. Great, fantastic news. Awesome.

A bit partial to him in this, from what I've seen:

[YT]9JPmiGTT6tI[/YT]

I hope he's Norman throughout the film only, and then we see a mysterious Green Goblin capture Gwen right before the credits [cliffhanger].

He's also teasing the symbiote.

The thing is, there are different (and potentially better) ways to interpret things Raimi did. It would be a shame not to bother with at least one or two.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Breach. He was fantastic in that film as well.

Marc Webb has certainly assembled a hell of a cast for this new franchise... very highly decorated actors. Luckily, this has become the norm... Great actors taking on comic book roles. Can you imagine this happening...15-20 years ago? This is truly a great time to be a fan:

The Amazing Spider-man Franchise Actors:

Sally Field – 3 Academy Award Nominations, 2 Academy Award Wins, 11 Golden Globe Nominations, 2 Golden Globe Wins, 2 BAFTA Nominations.

Chris Cooper – 1 Academy Award Nomination, 1 Academy Award Win.

Paul Giamatti – 1 Academy Award Nomination, 5 Golden Globe Nominations, 2 Golden Globe Wins.

Jamie Foxx – 2 Academy Award Nominations, 1 Academy Award Win, 2 BAFTA Nominations, 1 BAFTA Win, 3 Golden Globe Nominations, 1 Golden Globe Win.

Denis Leary – 2 Golden Globe Nominations.

Rhys Ifans – 2 BAFTA Nominations, 1 BAFTA Win.

Martin Sheen – 10 PT Emmy Nominations, 1 PT Emmy win, 8 Golden Globe Nominations, 1 Golden Globe Win.

Andrew Garfield – 1 Golden Globe Nomination, 3 BAFTA Nominations, 1 BAFTA Win.

Emma Stone – 1 Golden Globe Nomination, 1 SAG Nomination, 1 SAG Win.

Shailene Woodley - 1 Golden Globe Nomination.

Even the young actors have Golden Globe Nominations. That's impressive. Very.

-R

I hope he's Norman throughout the film only, and then we see a mysterious Green Goblin capture Gwen right before the credits [cliffhanger].

Id imagine we would get a teaser to the creation of the green goblin in a mid end credits scene

it would be a bigger cliff hanger and build up for fans for TASM3

Id imagine we would get a teaser to the creation of the green goblin in a mid end credits scene

it would be a bigger cliff hanger and build up for fans for TASM3

But, Peter will need revenge GG after the Gwen kill. Unless, it happens early in 3... then how will he get to do so?

Sounds good to me.

Norman_Osborn_Green_Goblin.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"