The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Chris Cooper IS Norman Osborn

Oh, and Chris Copper? Copper? lol, someone change the title

Cooper is a great actor, and can play menacing as well, but he is just generally good in every role, loved him in American Beauty, The Bourne Identity and his brief role in The Town.

A great actor is always a good thing. I just can't imagine him doing action (without breaking his hip, that is). I guess it's Ultimate Goblin for this one. Another mutated green guy, sigh...

Casting Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn is a stroke of genius–especially if these versions of the films are going for the idea of Norman Osborn as more of the unethical, dangerous businessman than the full-blown psychotic Defoe was going for. Anyone who has seen him in The Bourne Identity and Breach knows he can pull off playing someone evil and crazy without going over the top. But yeah, it’s going to be hard to try and give proper balance to these various villains given the star power and running time involved.

Totally forgot about Breach :up:.
Terrific movie with a show stealing performance by Cooper.

A great actor is always a good thing. I just can't imagine him doing action (without breaking his hip, that is). I guess it's Ultimate Goblin for this one. Another mutated green guy, sigh...

Because he can't do action? Don't they have stunt doubles for a reason? Plus, they could always cast someone else as the Goblin. All he would have to do is supply the movements and voice. The costume could hide the real actor.

Because he can't do action? Don't they have stunt doubles for a reason? Plus, they could always cast someone else as the Goblin. All he would have to do is supply the movements and voice. The costume could hide the real actor.

and when is the reveal they don´t have to show him doing action and if so , CGI him

I just can't imagine it, he doesn't have that "older guy who can still kick some ass" vibe Dafoe had. You'd think they would realize he's a tad too old to convincingly play a character who is essentially evil Batman. I've never seen him do action, but then again, I haven't seen all his movies, so maybe somewhere there's a hidden action gem of his from the 90s or something.

I just can't imagine it, he doesn't have that "older guy who can still kick some ass" vibe Dafoe had. You'd think they would realize he's a tad too old to convincingly play a character who is essentially evil Batman. I've never seen him do action, but then again, I haven't seen all his movies, so maybe somewhere there's a hidden action gem of his from the 90s or something.

BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO ACTION. That's what I'm trying to say.

Even if he does become Goblin, you think Dafoe did every single stunt in the costume himself? That wasn't always him. Even if they go for a costumed or Ultimate Goblin at all, most of the time it'll be a combination of CG and a stuntman, except for times when he's just not fighting.

BUT HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO ACTION. That's what I'm trying to say.

Lol, I got that. But we're still supposed to believe it's him doing it. And when a person looks a certain age, it's hard. Putting myself in the filmmakers' shoes, I imagine that they would realize that, hence my theory that this means they'll resort to mutation.

EDIT: From the script stage, not just because they cast him.

Chris ****ing Cooper? Maniacal laugh!!!!

One of two things will happen.

He will get hit with the formula and either:

A. Begin to transform into Goblin, where he won't need to even look like him except the face (like Arnold in Terminator Salvation, only better)

or

2. He will get healthier physically, show it with a CGI body improvement, then go into costume and have it acted out like Dafoe did, only speaking and being in non action scenes.

bottom like, don't worry about it. They will make it work in a feasible way.

HeatKitchen, I'm thinking No. 2.

Goblin Serum may aim to decrease the aging process methinks.

the only time an actor's age has clearly brought down an action scene was the guy who played palpatine vs. mace windu in episode 3.

so embarrassing.

It better not be another important villain that is going to be completely CG. Thats one of the factors that I disliked in TASM. The lizard just didn't feel real. With someone as important as Goblin I really hope they don't go the easy route and pour a ton of money into something that will feel fake....

Oh, it'll cause an uproar if he's a giant CGI beast rather than something aesthetically real and horrifying.

Oh, it'll cause an uproar if he's a giant CGI beast rather than something aesthetically real and horrifying.

reasons i am worried that go down the ultimate goblin route:

1) they seem to be taking a lot of inspiration from the ultimate universe

2) it would differentiate this green goblin from raimi's

3) they likely feel confident in doing a giant cgi monster after the lizard in the last movie

I still have faith they will make the right decision though.

Exactly. All you need is a stunt man under a hood and mask doing most of the nitty-gritty stuff and then close-ups or the "reveal" with Cooper behind the mask. Add in ADR vocals and you're good. Hell, I'm sure Dafoe did the same thing as Normy/Goblin.

I wonder if both DeHaan and Cooper will dye their hair red or if it'll just be brown auburn color?

EASILY the best casting decision this franchise has done so far. I can't believe I didn't think of him before.

EASILY the best casting decision this franchise has done so far. I can't believe I didn't think of him before.

Because his last name isn't Fassbender, Hardy, or Gordon-Levitt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"