The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Chris Cooper IS Norman Osborn

wait, didn't Chris Cooper's reputation get destroyed by the Muppets because he got hit in the head by a bowling ball.

Casting Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn is a stroke of genius–especially if these versions of the films are going for the idea of Norman Osborn as more of the unethical, dangerous businessman than the full-blown psychotic Defoe was going for. Anyone who has seen him in The Bourne Identity and Breach knows he can pull off playing someone evil and crazy without going over the top. But yeah, it’s going to be hard to try and give proper balance to these various villains given the star power and running time involved.

tumblr_lr9zyhIzBT1qj7xr8o1_500.gif
ok heisenberg

With Electro, Rhino, and the possibility of Vulture (who some have speculated is who Colm Feore is playing), there's no way they're going to pull the Goblin card in this film. This film is most likely going to be a 'bridge' film that sets up TASM 3, which will most likely involve the the emergence of the Goblin and Gwen's death.

With Electro, Rhino, and the possibility of Vulture (who some have speculated is who Colm Feore is playing), there's no way they're going to pull the Goblin card in this film. This film is most likely going to be a 'bridge' film that sets up TASM 3, which will most likely involve the the emergence of the Goblin and Gwen's death.
:grin:

So Chris Cooper's been confirmed by Dane DeHaan? Cool, can we get a mod to correct the thread title? :oldrazz:

what on earth is the appeal of mike massee??? he was just and end credits scene cameo. nothing more! how hard is it to understand that? do y'all really think that with the caliber of actors this film is dealing with, that michael massee will play any significant role? sorry if i come off a bit harsh, i just really truly dont think he will be in this.
also, concerning gwen's death: i believe tasm2 will have norman present thru the whole film but the goblin wont appear until the end climax. i believe her death will be exactly as it is in the comics. i just dont see them killing gwen at the end of the 3rd movie. i think electro will be tthe main villain, though he will try to redeem himself at the end by helping spidey take down goblin, but will either get killed/apprehended/ etc in the process. i dont think there will be too many villains bc you can easily make rhino a cameo villain and have colm feores villain ( if he is one) be an oscorp employee. i believe webb is trying to build up to the sinister 6 for the 3rd or 4th film, so some villains intros will have to take place earlier. what do u guys think?

Massee could just be a henchman that works for Norman. No where in that one scene did he say or did Curt Connors say that he was Norman.

I guess the script must be awesome if its attracting actors of this caliber

maybe he is someone norman works for? tombstone maybe?

i doubt mysterio will be in this film he suits a lead villian better then being in the same film as electro

How do you use cross-species to explain the goblin appearance if they went the Ultimate route?

When Harry's actor tweeted about being green goblin, maybe he meant Norman uses him as a test subject for the formula?

Never would've thought of Cooper as Norman. Same way I never would've thought of him as Gordon in the Nolan films. Should be good.

Movie 43 proves otherwise.

Not true. All of the actors on Movie 43 signed on without really knowing what it was. And after they found out, the directors basically guilted them into staying on and filmed on everyone's personal schedules, making production take 4 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"