Christopher Eccleston is playing Malekith

Malekith being the main villain doesn't exclude Amora and Skruge just as Loki being the main villain didn't exclude Laufey or The Destroyer in the first movie.

Very well said JB, very well said. :up:

Even though I'm sure people wanted to see the Executioner alongside the Enchantress in order to give Thor a adversary that could challenge his strength, just because we got Malekith instead, doesn't mean that we won't get Thor being pushed to his limits.

If my knowledge serves me correct, Malekith is also closely associated with "Kurse":

383px-Thor363.jpg

You're right it would be awesome to see Thor go up against Kurse, but I don't think I'm ready to see Thor's ash "handed" to him yet.

Having someone that gives him a good match is one thing, but Kurse pretty much stomped his ash everytime they've fought.

You're right it would be awesome to see Thor go up against Kurse, but I don't think I'm ready to see Thor's ash "handed" to him yet.

Having someone that gives him a good match is one thing, but Kurse pretty much stomped his ash everytime they've fought.

True, though the film could handle it differently, after all, the MCU is where Thor was able to defeat the destroyer, a villain that I've been told has been much more difficult for Thor to defeat in the comics...in a matter of minutes in the film.

Plus, even if they keep Kurse's strength the same way that it is in the comics, so far, Thor is the only Avenger imho that hasn't been taken to his limit yet imho. I'm still in the group of people who thinks that Thor didn't give all that he could have against his solo fights/battles with Loki because he was holding back in hopes of convincing his brother to change his mind. And when Thor did decide to unleash bad place, Loki would be either subdued like in their first battle, or find a way to weasel out before things got interesting.

Plus, he was the only Avenger during the big city battle that wasn't shown being put in a situation where he came off as exhausted or looked as though that he was going to handle his ash defeated to him. By all accounts, Thor has been presented as one of the most powerful beings in the known MCU.lol

Dont know anything about the character but Eccleston is a good actor and can play a good villain, he has done in a few films. 28 Days Later and G.I Joe come to mind (he was decent in the latter even though the film wasnt).

So excited for this and so excited Maleith is definetly the villian!

I just have the weirdest, most unexplained feeling that Eccleston and Taylor will have a natural affinity for each other and make a great character!

Hopefully his character is more 'Elizabeth' than 'The Legend of the Seeker'

scaled.php

Great casting. There seems to be a high ambition for this movie and I eagerly await to see if there's more villains included. While I want proper time to develop characters I hope that we get to see a good deal of several realms and that they can manage to balance several threats in an interesting fashion. That will of course require the movie to have decent length, but as a fan that's hardly a negative.

Christopher Eccleston is so good in The Shadow Line and Let Him Have It was one of my favourite films as a kid.

Eccletston was a solid villian in Gone In 60 Seconds and Shallow Grave as well.

His character in Heroes should of came back too.

Nice. Do we think there's still room for Enchantress in this film? I was excited at the the prospect. We haven't seen many female villains show up in any Marvel movies thus far (or superhero movies in general, really).

I don't think so, Malekith and Enchantress are kind of similar power-wise, you can't really stuff in two sorcerer pseudo-allies for Loki at once

Also, Hiddleston and Eccleston. lol

Also, Hiddleston and Eccleston

WILL BE AWESOME! :D

He was deliciously psycho in 28 Days Later. I hope this role is better than his recent fantasy fare though.

As much as I prefer Mikkelsen for the role, you can't go wrong with Eccleston. Now I'm slightly more excited for the sequel than I was before.

Loved him in "Gone in 60 Seconds" .....

BTW, doesn't this mean we're now one step closer to Surtur? I'm going over the Wiki on him and man I can totally see how they'd want to use Kurse here too .... the battle and then having Malekith sabotage both of them over the lava.

Can't wait to see concept art of how he's supposed to look.

Last edited:
Loved him in "Gone in 60 Seconds" .....

BTW, doesn't this mean we're now one step closer to Surtur? I'm going over the Wiki on him and man I can totally see how they'd want to use Kurse here too .... the battle and then having Malekith sabotage both of them over the lava.

Can't wait to see concept art of how he's supposed to look.

I'm going to have to watch Gone in 60 Seconds again. I completely forgot he was in that movie.

I'm assuming they're building up to a third movie with Surtur, would be a nice end to the trilogy with Loki and Thor teaming up to finish him off

I'm going to have to watch Gone in 60 Seconds again. I completely forgot he was in that movie.

He plays Raymond Calitri. I love his accent in that movie .... and that scene where Cage goes to meet him and settle the debt so that Eccleston will let his brother go.

I'd post the YouTube video, but Eccleston uses the a-hole word.

I don't think so, Malekith and Enchantress are kind of similar power-wise, you can't really stuff in two sorcerer pseudo-allies for Loki at once

Also, Hiddleston and Eccleston. lol

Except Malekith wouldn't be trying to seduce Thor, like Enchantress would.

I'm not sure why people think Thor touring the Nine Realms would work. You need time to establish worlds and the characters and their motivations. Having Thor skip around from one realm to another would make each trip too brief and ultimately uninteresting. I'd rather have them concentrate on only a main bad guy and maybe some henchmen/supporting characters. Develop them and make them interesting.

Malekiith and Kurse would be so epic! Then again I thought the Destroyer was going to epic until I saw the movie. The trailers really fooled us I think. I'm sure we thought we were going to have a serious tone, epic scale movie, instead we got something that was just to sell toys and happy meals.

I hope the success of the Avengers will convince Marvel studios to start making the movies a little more mature, after all its not 10 year olds who are buying up their comic books, its us.

Malekiith and Kurse would be so epic! Then again I thought the Destroyer was going to epic until I saw the movie. The trailers really fooled us I think. I'm sure we thought we were going to have a serious tone, epic scale movie, instead we got something that was just to sell toys and happy meals.

I hope the success of the Avengers will convince Marvel studios to start making the movies a little more mature, after all its not 10 year olds who are buying up their comic books, its us.

With Alan Taylor, I'm convinced this one is going to feel a bit more mature.

With Alan Taylor, I'm convinced this one is going to feel a bit more mature.

That AND the fact that he's seriously over exaggerating, the first film wasn't nearly as kiddy as he's making it out to be.

True, though the film could handle it differently, after all, the MCU is where Thor was able to defeat the destroyer, a villain that I've been told has been much more difficult for Thor to defeat in the comics...in a matter of minutes in the film.

Plus, even if they keep Kurse's strength the same way that it is in the comics, so far, Thor is the only Avenger imho that hasn't been taken to his limit yet imho. I'm still in the group of people who thinks that Thor didn't give all that he could have against his solo fights/battles with Loki because he was holding back in hopes of convincing his brother to change his mind. And when Thor did decide to unleash bad place, Loki would be either subdued like in their first battle, or find a way to weasel out before things got interesting.

Plus, he was the only Avenger during the big city battle that wasn't shown being put in a situation where he came off as exhausted or looked as though that he was going to handle his ash defeated to him. By all accounts, Thor has been presented as one of the most powerful beings in the known MCU.lol

Yeah you're right, but Kurse is strictly physical while Skurge has an axe that controls ice, fire, and opens dimensional rifts.

Last edited:
I liked Eccleston in Othello, I thought he was great. He reminded me of me (except without the racism:hehe:).

Except Malekith wouldn't be trying to seduce Thor, like Enchantress would.

I'm not sure why people think Thor touring the Nine Realms would work. You need time to establish worlds and the characters and their motivations. Having Thor skip around from one realm to another would make each trip too brief and ultimately uninteresting. I'd rather have them concentrate on only a main bad guy and maybe some henchmen/supporting characters. Develop them and make them interesting.

They don't need to spend a lot of time developing and defining each of these worlds and their inhabitants. bad place, it's World of Warcraft; Dungeons & Dragons; Skyrim. Dragons, trolls, elves, giants, dwarves. What else do you need to know?

Think of any one of the LOTR movies, and think of each setting as a separate world. The Shire & Bree; Rivendell; Lothlorien; Moria; Isengard; Parth Galen. Think of each area as a separate world with its own inhabitants --- Hobbits in the Shire, Elves in Lothlorien, Dwarves & Balrogs and Trolls in Moria; Orcs in Isengard. TTDW will likely take a similar course.

He was injured when Loki stabbed him with those Asgardian weapons. Also, when he landed with the other Avengers in the street he stumbled against the car as if he were in pain.

Why not? The more magic in this movie, the better.

I approve of this casting. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Why not? The more magic in this movie, the better.

Agreed :up:

They're not really all that similar either, Malekith rarely ever performs energy blasts and magical shields.

For the most part he just uses artifacts like The Casket of Ancient Winters to attack his enemies or keep them at bay.

He was injured when Loki stabbed him with those Asgardian weapons. Also, when he landed with the other Avengers in the street he stumbled against the car as if he were in pain.

Yeah but even then, it didn't look like he was in a "world of trouble" it just looked like a minor annoyance to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"