Christopher Robin (aka new Winnie the Pooh movie)

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Disney Plans Live-Action "Winnie the Pooh"

By Garth Franklin Thursday April 2nd 2015 09:35AM
Disney Pictures is reportedly planning a live action feature adaptation of the animated classic "Winnie The Pooh".
Alex Ross Perry, who helmed Sundance indie feature "Listen Up Philip," will direct the project which reimagines Christopher Robin as an adult.
It's as an adult that he is brought back in touch with the famous bear and the Hundred Acre Wood, all created by author A. A. Milne.
This comes on top of Disney's other live-action remakes and reimaginings of their classic animated and live-action films in the works including "Beauty and the Beast," "Pete's Dragon" and "Dumbo".
Source: Deadline

I knew it. I KNEW this **** was gonna happen. I was just waiting. Though honestly after Ted it's much more feasible.

But there was just an animated Pooh film four years ago that was amazing and underperformed at the BO. Can't they just direct people to watch that instead?

giphy.gif

[YT]Fhl4oKvxphs[/YT]

I'm guessing Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore will be CGId basically as 3D versions of what their animations look like, but I wonder if Rabbit, Owl and Gopher will be more realistic-looking animals.

What's the point of doing something like this in live action when 95% of the characters aren't human?

It's not even like The Jungle Book, where at least Mowgli is the main character. Christopher Robin ain't doin' ****. :o

I know they leave it ambiguous, but are Pooh and pals actually alive or is Christopher Robin just ****ing hallucinating? And where does Gopher and Owl come into play?

I know they leave it ambiguous, but are Pooh and pals actually alive or is Christopher Robin just ****ing hallucinating? And where does Gopher and Owl come into play?

The one thing Winnie The Pooh taught me is that things can be imaginary and real at the same time.

So it would seem Disney has just given up trying to do anything original and now is just trawling through their entire back catalogue of animated movies and turning them into live action films. Lazy.

How the **** is this going to work?

The Princess movies made sense to do a live action. I'm looking forward to them. Dumbo is a stretch, but I can see how it would work. But Winnie the Pooh? There is one freaking character that won't be CGI? What is the point? Maybe they'll at least get the people who made the last movie, because it was great.

Ummm.....okay, I guess. This and Dumbo I'm failing to see the point of. Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan and such make sense as their characters are mostly humans. Once you get into a majority animal cast, it's rather pointless as it's not live action, just swapping hand drawn animation for CGI animation with real environments and a few people running around.

be interested to see how they do the cgi
i thought ted did a good job at creating a living plush toy

I'm not a fan of the 3D animation trend. I saw the recent Mickey Mouse show on TV last week and it was all 3D. It's so ugly. There's nothing wrong with old fashioned 2D animation! We don't see enough of that.

So it would seem Disney has just given up trying to do anything original and now is just trawling through their entire back catalogue of animated movies and turning them into live action films. Lazy.

You can say this about their love action films (even though Tomorrowland is an original story, even if it is loosely based on an existing concept). However, Disney Animation Studios is absolutely crushing it these days.

That's awesome. With someone like RDJ, it could be a hit.

Before the newest Pooh film came out a few years ago, I had an idea for a Winnie the Pooh, "soft reboot". Christopher could be visiting his granddads house out near some woods and his granddad always told him stories about these animal that lived in the wood so one night he sneaks out in to the woods and as he goes deeper in, it switches and becomes animated ala The Pagemaster...

An adult Christopher Robin......talking to those animals.

If someone else saw him talk to those animals and they heard nothing but animal noises, they would probably institutionalize him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"