Clark > Lex this season so far.

Superman Pwnage

Civilian
Reaction score
I had to give credit where credit is due, Welling's Clark has made an unexpected transformation this season into the ideal character type that alot of fan's desired Clark to be. For the first time, Clark actually comes off as an adult as opposed to simply looking older than his age.

The final scene in yesterday's episode was probably the best Welling scene shot to date. He seemed to adapt a new acting style/speaking delivery that worked for him in it also that made him come off as mature and wise. Good stuff.

Smallville.jpg

Lex, on the other hand, has been a disapointment this season. While he has a few nice scenes, like the one with Jimmy, he seems overly formulatic this season and his whole duplicitous games routine is getting tired. He's also coming off as overly emo and whiny this season too, I'm not sure why. Maybe Lana just has that effect on men. He comes off like a jealous ex-lover in his scenes with Clark, the way he treats him. I think Rosenbaum needs to get his edge back. His portrayal of Zod was just him playing 'badass Lex' again too. This lexana stuff is garbage also in the way its executed. It feels like a total waste of screentime and is dragging out.

Regardless, if they maintain this type of characterization with Clark, I may watch the show for his character alone. These 6 episodes where the first ones where he never came off like a tool and its good stuff. They seriously need to keep this up. I felt this is the attitude he should have had from Season 4, but better late than never.

Meh, Clark was Lana and Lex's ***** until Fallout. I'd give it time before saying he's been better.

Well, obviously the Superman fan inside of me is rooting for Clark not to go back to Lana and regress into the mess he once was, but to boldly move forward towards his Kryptonian heritage.

I was always a fan of Lex though, but this Lexana business is just dragging him now. He needs to dump Lana to get his balls back. I know the point of this series is to eventually dislike Lex but I'm starting to dislike him for all the wrong reasons.

I loved the last scene of "Fallout". Tom did a wonderful job! :up:

I also like how Clark is changing this season.
Now, I don't think Lex is "whiny". Rosenbaum seems to be getting a bit tired (6 years of shaving your head could be reason enough, I guess), but in Fallout, in that scene with Jimmy, he was great. He was also great in every scene he had that dod not involve Lana. Not that I dislike Lana, mind you, it's just that when they are together we see a side of Lex we haven't seen before; and that may take some time getting used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"