Clea Casting/Speculation Thread

cherokeesam

SHIELD Director Coulson
Reaction score
R Hythlodeus has done a great job of setting up most of the principals in Dr. Strange's (likely) cast, but he left out Clea.

Clea has always been Strange's main squeeze, both lover and pupil. She is the daughter of Umar and niece of the Dread Dormammu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clea

clea_zpsaecc019e.png

So, any thoughts on the most likely female lead in this movie....?

It's a shame spiderman grabbed Felicity jones. She would have been amazing in this.

Hey what about Melanie Laurent as clea!

R Hythlodeus has done a great job of setting up most of the principals in Dr. Strange's (likely) cast, but he left out Clea.
Thank you. I wasn't sure if Clea would play a big role in an origin movie, that's why I didn't make a thread for her, but of course some female roles are required so I guess MS will find a way to put her into the narrative.

I'd like to see Abbie Cornish as Clea (if she isn't cast as Danvers). She's extremly talented and should have been in a MCU film ages ago

These are some great suggestions.

Since Clea is extradimensional/alien in origin, I think this would be a great time to cast POCs instead of making the support *too* white. Maybe Maggie Q, Jamie Chung, Penelope Cruz, Sofia Vergara, Salma Hayek?

Sue me for thinking they should nix the love interest and focus on his sorcery.

Sue me for thinking they should nix the love interest and focus on his sorcery.

Clea is a sorcerer too

Since Clea is extradimensional/alien in origin, I think this would be a great time to cast POCs instead of making the support *too* white. Maybe Maggie Q, Jamie Chung, Penelope Cruz, Sofia Vergara, Salma Hayek?

Good idea! And I think Penelope Cruz would have an insanely awesome level of chemistry with Benedict.

You know who else would be great maybe? Frieda pinto. We haven't heard from her in a while

It's funny you should say that because I was also of the mindset that Clea should be Asian. Especially if they want to make things simpler by making her tied to the Ancient One somehow.

If they go with a white actress -- Queen Swinton. She's my blanket white chick fan cast for everything excuse me ;)

If they go with a non-white actress -- Lucy Liu (also my Wong), but Maggie Q, Rinko Kikuchi, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Paula Patton (though I'd accept her for Carol Danvers too), or Sarah Shahi

Last edited:
Parminder nagar from bend it like Beckham would also be an amazing clea...

image.jpg

DAMMIT APPROVED!!

Forgot all about her, which is crazy as I think she's brilliant!

Isn't she amazing! I've been thinking of who she could play in the marvel u for ages

eliza-taylor-profile.jpg

Eliza Taylor for Clea. she has those trippy eyes

(I also prefer Hugh Dancy for Strange. Cumberbatch is a poor choice for this character)

anyone else suspect that they might replace Clea's role with Scarlet witch?

I hope not. Scarlet witch is too young. I see her more in a student/mentor type relationship. Kind of like the doctor and Clara where she humanises him but is still pretty badass herself

to be fair, its not like some of the names being suggested in here aren't the same/round the age as her...

I actually agree, and would prefer older (tho, it does depend on who is cast as Strange himself) as I'd prefer him to be older too

Charlize Theron perhaps? She's often suggested for other female Marvel characters. Particularly Captain Marvel. But I think Marvel's gonna go with a younger actress for that role.

I think she'd make a great Clea.

to be fair, its not like some of the names being suggested in here aren't the same/round the age as her...

I actually agree, and would prefer older (tho, it does depend on who is cast as Strange himself) as I'd prefer him to be older too

Yes I suppose that is a fair point well made but I see wanda being played as much younger and more inexperienced so I think there would be a weird power imbalance whereas some of the other suggestions I would imagine would play the role older if that makes sense

Well since Clea is an inter-dimensional being, they could play up the idea that she's much older than she looks. Her being Strange's student doesn't automatically mean that she HAS to be younger than him.

Or we could get a scene like this:

http://i.imgur.com/S4GfGEz.jpg

:cwink:

since all my casting wishes came true today, Abbie Cornish can now be declared top contender for Clea :D

Meh, I'm not quite sure I get the hype for Cornish. Plus I'm way on board with a more diverse cast now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"