Clerks sucks

May I just ask why there is so much hate for Mallrats?.....

Probably because it has more low brow humour than any other Kevin Smith flick bar JASBSB. I love Mallrats.

I love Mallrats for what it is. Though I wish Universal didn't **** with it so much. But I still love it. and it has the best commentary on any Viewaskew film.

It's a shame that my Mallrats DVD doesn't have commentary.

I've listened to the commentary more than the movie.

The extended edition has some better jokes that were ADR's out. The very beggining it a bit of a long stretch of a scene between TS and Brandi. But it's worth the "hey weren't you the guy that tried to kill the pope?"

Clerks is an amazing movie. I have a shirt with the Clerks logo on it, and every time I wear it several people stop, compliment my shirt, and often strike up a conversation about the film. It's definitely a cult classic with a huge following. Not everyone is gonna dig it, and I understand that. But, I personally think it's a hilarious little film, and so do most people I know.

zer00 said:
I've listened to the commentary more than the movie.

The extended edition has some better jokes that were ADR's out. The very beggining it a bit of a long stretch of a scene between TS and Brandi. But it's worth the "hey weren't you the guy that tried to kill the pope?"

Hey, Did you hear? That guy from Fashionable Male killed himself!

AHAHAHhHA, Way better than the actual movie.

1-Just to clarify: I've never actualy seen "Clerks", so I can't really say if it's good or not.

2-Don't go comparing Kevin Smith with John Carpenter. Carpenter is a GENIUS, and Smith is nowhere near as good as him.

And "Thirteen" is not accurate. Everyone knows teenagedom begins at 15, NOT 13.

"Napoleon Dynamite" won an MTV Movie Award, so it must be crap.

3-"Mallrats" is Smith's best movie.

Unlike "Chasing Amy", it's slick and fun, full of nice jokes and funny scenes.It may be Smith's funniest movie.

4-Wilhem-Scream just earned his ticket to Hell.

kainedamo said:
I watched Clerks for the first time. Oh man, what a boring film. I don't understand where all the hype for this movie comes from. The rest of his movies are a massive improvement over this. The movie is one boring conversation after another. The crap that they are talking about is so mundane and crap. And the way they say things too. There's a scene with 3 guys talking, and everytime one guy finishes talking, the next guy says a line, then the other guy, it's so... what's the word... false. Yeah. Alot of the dialogue was so false to me. It must have taken Kevin Smith forever to write this movie, with such awkward dialogue. Every character thinks he's a wise ass. There's a scene where an old man is talking about tabloids, and out of absolutely nowhere one of the main characters spits in his face. The old guy runs out of the shop, and the guy spends the next 5 minutes explaining why he did it, as if it was some clever point. What a completely *******-ish thing to do. Really not funny at all.

The movie did have some funny moments. The scene where the video shop guy says "I don't appreciate your ruse" made me chuckle. But by and large, I was bored and frustrated. Each scene felt like a setup for yet another long and overdrawn joke. There are too many instances where nothing happens at all. An entire 8 seconds or so goes by as Dante serves a customer, with no words being exchanged. A hockey game insues, with takes up about 5 minutes of nothingness. I found it hard to pay attention afer awhile. I looked at the runtime, and sighed deeply as I realised the flick was only half way through.

Just what is meant to be so good about this movie? Bad acting, which I wouldn't have minded so much if the dialogue was more interesting. Cheap camera work. It just felt so mundane. It feels like watching co workers chat, and not being involved in the conversation, and what they're talking about is rubbish anyway.

Avoid if you're intelligent.

um..look at the title, thats the point of the ****ing movie!
And, i worked in a covence store..thats what we talk about, dumb ass nonsence.

Super Flight said:
what kevin smith film do you like the best? out of the jay and silent bob ones

I love mallrats and clerks, chasing amy is okay, but i refuse to watch dogma, and i think J&SBSB is kinda lame if you watch it twice

Clerks is funny. I don't think it's as great as everyone says, but it's funny.

Clerks is the biggest piece of garbage ever! I just don't understand how anyone could genuinely like it.??? The entire movie are these two dweebs who constantly use big words that they shouldn't be using. It's almost like some doofus from entertainment weekly watched this crap and liked it, and then a bunch of "movie fans" read his review and elevated it to cult status.

And another thing, why can't Kevin Smith FINISH DAREDEVIL/BULLSEYE? He is such a fat slob, who constantly milks fanboys into liking his dialouge ridden crap.

Rob H said:
Probably because it has more low brow humour than any other Kevin Smith flick bar JASBSB. I love Mallrats.
You forgot Dogma. You can't get more low brow than a S**t Demon.

I thought it was funny when the two guys where having the discussion about the death star and who built it, whether or not it was independence contractors and how it was bad that the rebellion killed them. But I guess the were not aware of the clones then...

thealiasman2000 said:
3-"Mallrats" is Smith's best movie.

Unlike "Chasing Amy", it's slick and fun, full of nice jokes and funny scenes.It may be Smith's funniest movie.

you fail at life.

Why? because he doesn't have the same opinion you have?

I thought Clerks was funny but the acting was very bad, it seemed at most times they were reading directly from a script, the dialog, while funny, seemd forced.

I read somewhere that Kevin don't like his actors to improvise, cus' he feels that it's rude and disrespectful...

Strange said:
I thought Clerks was funny but the acting was very bad, it seemed at most times they were reading directly from a script, the dialog, while funny, seemd forced.

That's cause they're horrible actors:confused:

I enjoyed Mallrats the most, but Chasing Amy and Clerks are by definition Kevin Smith's best works.

Kevin Smith is a great comedy writer -- Roger Ebert

1-Right, cause winners use pictures of ovverrated actors from crappy Jennifer Lopez movies as their avatars, right?

2-The Man is right. I fail at life just because I like a movie and you don't?

Does that mean that you all fail at life, just because you like "Batman Begins" and I don't.

3-"Chasing Amy" is boring as hell. Seriously, I can't finish watching it cause it puts me to sleep.

And, as another poster mentioned, is full of crap. Lesbianism is not like some disease that can be cured by finding the right guy, it's a way of life. And lesbians, by the very virtue of their being, would never fall in love with a male.

Now "Mallrats", that was fun. It had a better love story, more funny jokes, and more Jay and Silent Bob.

"Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" is good, but kinda stupid.

Wesyeed said:
Clerks doesn't suck. You suck Clerks. The movie is funny because the characters are funny and they say funny things. That's what's funny about clerks. And I enjoyed it when I saw it years ago.

I know, Clerks was one of my favorite Jay and Silent Bob movies. Atleast the guy didn't say "It sucks because it's in black and white."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"