Cobra Kai - (The Karate Kid Spin-Off)

Her show Alaska Daily just got cancelled by ABC and she recently gave birth to twins at 48 years old. This plus the Writers' Strike......and they haven't started production yet, so there is time for Hilary Swank to get back into shape. There's no better way to do that then some martial arts

I am not buying the theory that Julie Pierce is Tory's mom, simply because of the fact that we saw that Tory's mom is bedridden and that's not how Cobra Kai works. They don't bring back the character in that type of state if the actor is still alive and well. They either don't bring back the character at all if the actor is still with us or they bring the character back, alive and well and with major progression of their lives since the Karate Kid movies. Ally Mills, Mike Barnes, Kumiko, Chozen, Jessica and Yuna all returned, with significant character development.

Last edited:
Do they even need Hillary Swank to do karate if she appears? It's already pretty insane how everyone in this universe clings onto their high school identity, it would make sense and be refreshing to have someone from the past show up and be like "Yeah I don't do karate anymore". She could still serve a role in the plot other than just show up to kick someone in the face.

Do they even need Hillary Swank to do karate if she appears? It's already pretty insane how everyone in this universe clings onto their high school identity, it would make sense and be refreshing to have someone from the past show up and be like "Yeah I don't do karate anymore". She could still serve a role in the plot other than just show up to kick someone in the face.

Fair, but our expectations are that we want to see her kick ass. Like every character on this show. It would be disappointing if she showed up and didn't do any karate. I mean, it's kinda the point lol

Came to this show very late but man once I started I struggled to put it down. Finished season 5 tonight and just show is just fantastic. What it has done for characters like Johnny, Chozen and even Terry Silver is quite simply amazing. It makes you look at the original movies in a different way and only the very best legacy movies/shows do that.

Can't wait for season 6.

I remember when Cobra Kai first was announced and EVERYONE thought it was the dumbest idea ever and just the most blatant nostalgia bait ever.

Yet here we are few years down the road and this show is beloved. We have embraced the journeys of Miguel, Sam, Robby, Tory, Hawk and Dimitri. As well as reconnected with Johnny, Daniel, Kreese, Silver, Chozin, Barnes etc and it feels natural and good.

Shows you what good writing can do.

I remember when Cobra Kai first was announced and EVERYONE thought it was the dumbest idea ever and just the most blatant nostalgia bait ever.

Yet here we are few years down the road and this show is beloved. We have embraced the journeys of Miguel, Sam, Robby, Tory, Hawk and Dimitri. As well as reconnected with Johnny, Daniel, Kreese, Silver, Chozin, Barnes etc and it feels natural and good.

I remember most of the criticism directed at it being a YouTube Red exclusive at the time. There was a lot of "I'd watch it but no way in hell am I paying for a YouTube subscription service just for that". Case in point, it blew up a lot more when it hit Netflix. There were a lot more harsh words directed at the remake with Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan than there were for Cobra Kai, at least from what I remember.

I put off watching it for so long because I thought it wasn't the best idea. But I am re-watching all 5 seasons with my family and can't wait for season 6. The show has been great.

the final season needs closure for this story:

I have never bought into the theory that Julie is Tori's sick mother, because it's not how characters in this franchise have been handled if the actor that played the character is alive and well, which Swank is. Also, the show does a fantastic job at character development (most notably Chozen) so I would assume that Julie is no longer a troublemaker and has a stable life.

Might be wishful thinking but I'm hoping the movie is more of a continuation of Cobra Kai than its own separate thing that barely references it.

The plot says
However, it is known that the latest iteration will bring the story to the East Coast and focus on a teen from China who finds strength and direction via martial arts and a tough but wise mentor.
Connections to Cobra Kai that would connect if that is the story and it takes place in New York City:

Three reasons for Danny to be out there: he's on a business trip, which would mean that Amanda and the kids would be referenced but not seen, such as he has a phone call with Amanda or his mother has passed away and he, Amanda and the kids are out there for the funeral. Third reason is Miyagi-Do is representing the state of California on a national stage (or USA on an international stage), bringing back all of the kids, Johnny and Chozen.

Yeah, so ,... i don't quite know what to make of this.

It sounds like Cobra Kai will indeed be canon with Daniel Returning to the big screen.

My original concern, when I saw the pretty vague announcement , was that they would pull a Halloween Franchise , and say that this was a " true continuation" of the first three films, that CK would basically it's own continuity. :smilingeyes:.

This is Sony after all , so , that concern did cross my mind :rofl:.

But it sounds like it's all connected.

Do you start filming Cobra Kai anytime soon? Do you have a date yet?

MARIDUEÑA: Yes, I do. I do have a date, and it's right around the corner, so I'm excited to get back in the ‘gi. We already did the first episode right before the writers' strike, so we're gonna hit the ground running, I know it.

Yeah quite confused on what’s happening with the movie. I never saw the remake but the new movie sounds like a multi-verse type thing when it should just continue CK for me.

Is it really multiverse if the Karate Kid 2010 universe is retconned into existing in the pre-existing universe?

There's not really much of an issue there.

It's not a multiverse. Same universe. I detailed a while back how to connect the two iterations and make it make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"