New Karate Kid coming | Ralph Macchio/Jackie Chan to star

Well agree to disagree. Ridley Scott wasn't involved in Aliens doesn't mean Alien was ignored.

*Shrugs* Aliens was a direct sequel. Ironically enough, the creator of the new Aliens TV series for Disney/FX:

“Ridley and I have talked about this — and many, many elements of the show,” Hawley says. “For me, and for a lot of people, this ‘perfect life form’ — as it was described in the first film — is the product of millions of years of evolution that created this creature that may have existed for a million years out there in space. The idea that, on some level, it was a bioweapon created half an hour ago, that’s just inherently less useful to me. And in terms of the mythology, what’s scary about this monster, is that when you look at those first two movies, you have this retro-futuristic technology. You have giant computer monitors, these weird keyboards … You have to make a choice. Am I doing that? Because in the prequels, Ridley made the technology thousands of years more advanced than the technology of Alien, which is supposed to take place in those movies’ future. There’s something about that that doesn’t really compute for me. I prefer the retro-futurism of the first two films. And so that’s the choice I’ve made — there’s no holograms. The convenience of that beautiful Apple store technology is not available to me.”

Sounds like he plans on ignoring the prequels to me.

*Shrugs* Aliens was a direct sequel. Ironically enough, the creator of the new Aliens TV series for Disney/FX:

Sounds like he plans on ignoring the prequels to me.

You've already been proven wrong about this movie though in this very thread. And nothing you posted said they were ignoring Cobra Kai.

Look how many different creators worked on the DCEU and nothing previous was ignored.

You've already been proven wrong about this movie though in this very thread. And nothing you posted said they were ignoring Cobra Kai.

Look how many different creators worked on the DCEU and nothing previous was ignored.

I don't see how I've been proven wrong at all. I don't see what the DCEU has to do with this. You were the one who brought up Alien.

I don't see how I've been proven wrong at all. I don't see what the DCEU has to do with this. You were the one who brought up Alien.

Previous creators not being involved doesnt mean they're show/movie is being ignored.

That's something you fabricated in your head and now it's shown the creators of CK have been involved in this new movie. You were wrong. Accept it.

At any rate, I’m pretty interested in what brings Daniel and Han together. And why Daniel is back on the east coast in the first place.

At any rate, I’m pretty interested in what brings Daniel and Han together. And why Daniel is back on the east coast in the first place.
While there is this military high school back east that Mr Miyagi's army unit commander's granddaughter went to.

Setai Taikai tournament for the movie would make sense but a perfect way to tie everything together would be if Jackie Chan's character is also or was also a student of Mr Miyagi just like Daniel was

I'd highly doubt they'd skip that plotline from the last season of Cobra Kai to put it in this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"