Karate Kid (Remake)

Ok. WTF?

Why are people scoring this movie so low on IMDb?

Because haters, much like the one's in this very thread, who haven't even seen the film are purposely voting it low.

My oh my, the great power that they weild! Obviously not enough to stop the film from making $100 million :D

Well, that's the symptom, but why the need to hate the movie so much without seeing it?

Are people STILL hung up on the whole "Kung Fu" thing?

People are ignorant, lonely, and bitter with many things in life, and like to take it out on The Karate Kid. Or George Lucas.

:p

The Kung Fu element totally worked because that's where the story was. The Karate Kid is derived primarily from the original film's plotline elements. The story lied in the setting in China and also the message that Kung Fu brings to the film and its characters.

Love this film! I saw it twice.

The remake is better than the original in almost every aspect. Mind you, I rewatched the original as well as The Karate Kid II, so its fresh in my mind. It has not aged well and it isn't nearly as amazing (including the overrated Mr. Miyagi character) as nostalgic critics claim it to be.

Well, that's the symptom, but why the need to hate the movie so much without seeing it?

Are people STILL hung up on the whole "Kung Fu" thing?

Yes, yes they are. They also love pointing out the fact that they know the difference between karate and kung fu.

Ok. WTF?

Why are people scoring this movie so low on IMDb?

Anti-remake nazis + cast with minorities = low IMDb score.

The movie is by far the worst remake that I have ever seen. All the attempts at humor fail,and are cheesie. The music is garbage,and the dialog is amature and crappy,the whole jacket trick doesn't work and is repetitive and irritating imo. The best thing about this movie is whenever Jaden's character get's his butt kicked. And Jackie Chan playing Hong I guess,this movie should have been called The Super Lame Tween Kid. I think,even though I wasn't expecting a lot from this movie,I find it to be extremely bankrupt,it doe's very little to distinguish it's self from the original Karate Kid movie. In a good way that is.

Yeah, unlike the critical painting a fence, waxing cars, balancing on a boat and in the water on one leg was just about all the "training" Daniel got.

jaden1.jpg
00020573.jpg

egtk4m.jpg
keuo2r.jpg

How does everyone feel about Jaden Smith getting top billing over Jackie Chan?

Eh. Ralph Macchio got top billing over Pat Morita as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"