New Karate Kid coming | Ralph Macchio/Jackie Chan to star

I mean I get that because Cobra Kai is garbage and admittedly awful…

cobra-kai-you-didn-t-say-that-7sdhf0xve8t3yetl.gif

Because Sony gonna Sony.

Literally has nothing to do with how they view Cobra Kai as a property (which regardless of your personal thoughts, has been a hit and mostly positively received by critics and the general audience).

Why does it have nothing to do with it? I'm aware it's a hit. It's a huge hit and its the main reason this movie is getting made now. So...my question is...why is this movie pretending like Cobra Kai doesn't exist?

Yeah, we barely know anything about this other than Daniel and Mr. Han coming together to train a new kid. Nothing really indicates that Cobra Kai won't be mentioned.

Yeah, we barely know anything about this other than Daniel and Mr. Han coming together to train a new kid. Nothing really indicates that Cobra Kai won't be mentioned.

The guys and I would love to make Karate Kid and Cobra Kai movies and hope to someday. But this one isn't from us or focused on the Cobra Kai cast. Don't know much about it, but wish it well. #KarateKid #CobraKai

It just says the movie is not from them or focusing on CK's cast. It doesn't say they're ignoring CK completely.

The fact that we are debating this right now and that Sony is not outright saying this is a continuation is proof of the problem.

The fact that we are debating this right now and that Sony is not outright saying this is a continuation is proof of the problem.

I really don't see how personally. We're only debating it because you brought it up saying it was being ignored. Nothing you have posted since suggests that.

My main question: Are they going to address that Mr. Han taught Jaden Smith Kung Fu and not Karate in this film??

My main question: Are they going to address that Mr. Han taught Jaden Smith Kung Fu and not Karate in this film??
I think that in the story it would be something Johnny, with good old fashioned American Karate not Danial would be concerned with. Of course Mr. Han scoffed at the karate video in the remake like Mr. Miyagi did the book in the first movie. But as far back as the third movie we had already gotten to naming the Korean roots of Cobra Kai versus Okinawan roots Miyagi-do the fighting styles the show has given names to. And today the larger audience is well into the MMA era where what the teacher calls the style less important.

I would hold off and see how Cobra Kai handles the style names in their promised international tournament.

I really don't see how personally. We're only debating it because you brought it up saying it was being ignored. Nothing you have posted since suggests that.

I mean the creators definitely more than suggested it.

All this reminds me of MCU and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. In this case I doubt a new movie would have come without Jaden Smith if not for Cobra Kai.

Well , I certainly hope Cobra Kai isn't discounted, and part of some other continuity, given all of the great stories with the OG, and new characters arcs.

The creators of the show gave notes , so hopefully those notes tell the new team about where the Daniel character is at based on the series .

In other words, I hope the notes are to increase the connectivity .

I don't expect the new students to turn up in the film, which is fine, as long as the stuff in the show, and the new film, are part of the same canon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"