compare apples and oranges

Danalys

Sol Invictus
Reaction score
so which is best and why? i think i'm leaning towards apples for the greater choice of variaties and less mess. but then orange juice trumps apple juice unless the apple juice is fermented.

dude, you cant compare apples and oranges. thats like comparing apples and oranges....

but the best thing about comparing apples and oranges is that it's like comparing apples and oranges.

467a.jpg

Kiwi for the win!1! :cmad:

no one says it's like comparing kiwis with anything.

You know, I just mix my apple juice and orange juice together. Tastes pretty good. Try it. :up:

apples as far as the fruit itself goes, oranges for the juice.

APples are awesome, simply because you don't have to peel them, you can eat 'em as they are.

also there's the matter of apple pie. you don't get orange pie that i know of. but then there's chocolate orange and no chocolate apple.

i think tangerines are close enough to oranges to be thrown in on the orange side along with nectarines and satsumas.

Apples have--
Golden Apples(8 pts)
Apple Cider(10pts)
Apple sauce(6Pts)
McDonalds Apple pie(7pts)
and Apple Juice(7pts)

Oranges have--
themselves(8pts)
Orange Juice(8pts)
and um....

Hey Apples win this by a land slide. "Comparing Apples and Oranges" is a pretty inaccurate metaphor. You'd have a better time comparring "Sex and donuts."

Apples I say are better. I mean apple pie!! Yummy...

Who would eat orange pie! Yucky!

Comparing apples and oranges is like dividing by zero.

You can't do it.

-TNC

This thread is hilarious. :woot:

dude, you cant compare apples and oranges. thats like comparing apples and oranges....

:woot:

also there's the matter of apple pie. you don't get orange pie that i know of. but then there's chocolate orange and no chocolate apple.

Apples have--
Golden Apples(8 pts)
Apple Cider(10pts)
Apple sauce(6Pts)
McDonalds Apple pie(7pts)
and Apple Juice(7pts)

Oranges have--
themselves(8pts)
Orange Juice(8pts)
and um....

Hey Apples win this by a land slide. "Comparing Apples and Oranges" is a pretty inaccurate metaphor. You'd have a better time comparring "Sex and donuts."

:woot:

I agree with Joker, apples for the fruit itself, oranges for the juice. :up: Apples are denser, have more fiber and less sugar, so overall would be a healthier choice. The lower sugar content would have less of an impact on your glucose, which is good too. On the other hand, Addendum is right too, kiwi's rock.

Orange pie ... :ninja:

An orange pie recipe with meringue topping.
INGREDIENTS:

• 1 baked pie shell, 9-inch, cooled
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup orange juice
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons finely grated orange peel
  • Meringue Topping, below
PREPARATION:

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in warm water and orange juice. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and begins to boil. Set mixture over boiling water and continue cooking for about 10 minutes longer. Beat egg yolks lightly then beat a little of the hot mixture into them. add the egg yolk mixture back to the hot mixture in top of double boiler, whisking well. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from over the hot water. Blend in the butter, lemon juice, and orange peel. Let mixture cool, then pour into cooled baked pie crust. Spoon meringue (below) onto pie, spreading to crust edge to seal filling in. Bake at 325° for 15 to 18 minutes, until nicely browned. Meringue Topping
  • 3 egg whites
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, optional
Beat egg whites until frothy; add cream of tartar and continue to beat until stiff enough to hold up. Add sugar gradually and continue beating until stiff and glossy. If desired, add vanilla or other flavoring.

*rubs eyes* :eek:

There really is such a thing.
But you only get half a cup of orange juice and some peel. :dry:

*rubs eyes* :eek:

There really is such a thing.
But you only get half a cup of orange juice and some peel. :dry:

Indeed I was shocked to....but there it is.....it may not be as bad as it sounds.

i don't know that orange pie sounds more like a tart. which reminds me of tarts, and also jaffa cakes, and tarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"