Composer for The Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
His Pixar scores are incredible. I still listen to the opening theme from Up from time to time, just great stuff. His Star Trek/MCU stuff was very forgettable for me though, ditto Dawn, which is concerning. I really liked Exodus Wounds though, and if the score is closer to that it'd fit incredibly well with Reeves' "emotional" take on the material:

Yeah, his score for War is a triumph IMO. I also dug his score for Bad Times at the El Royale too, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see shades of those scores in his Batman compositions.

Is this confirmation he's scoring the film?

I'm not sure if it's a full confirmation yet myself... but Giacchino is Reeves' longest lasting collaborator and he's certainly teasing that he's scoring Batman with this picture at the very least.

One thing I can't wait for is all the bat-puns in the track listing. Giacchino loves his title puns, the Far From Home suite was even called "Far From Home Suite Home".

I hope that what he comes up with is memorable. The last truly memorable comic book movie theme to me was Han Zimmers TDK trilogy score. The avengers theme is good, but that its for the MCU. Its essential that the music is memorable.

His Pixar scores are incredible. I still listen to the opening theme from Up from time to time, just great stuff. His Star Trek/MCU stuff was very forgettable for me though, ditto Dawn, which is concerning. I really liked Exodus Wounds though, and if the score is closer to that it'd fit incredibly well with Reeves' "emotional" take on the material:

That is incredible

I love his whole score for War. He goes to some rather eerie and moody places at times with the score and then stuff like Exodus Wounds just has a power to it.
Yeah, Dawn's score had sounded a lot like a 1960's film for me, which took me out at times, but War's score was excellent.

Feels like he scores every big release now. It'll be good, no doubt, but I would have been interested to see a lesser known give it a shot.

I’m hot and cold on Giachinno but I’m cautiously optimistic. I think what I want to hear is a Batman theme that is a beautiful marriage between the dark heavy synths of Zimmer from TDK trilogy and the heroic Elfman ‘89 march. Either way I want a THEME. I want something that announces “BATMAN has arrived!” when he pops onscreen. Wonder Woman and Aquaman got good themes in their movies Batman should get one.

Something that I just noticed from Giacchino in his Spider-Man scores in that in Homecoming, which was all about establishing this new young version of the character, the score was mostly there for environment and vibe, not really anything heroic or aspirational. Then in Far From Home, now that Peter is becoming more established the theme is more epic.

I wonder if he's gonna do something similar with Batman. For the first film the score is mostly going to be Bernard Herrmann Taxi Driver inspired to suck you into the world the character is living in, and then as the character evolves it becomes more epic, dramatic and even "romantic" in a way like we're used to hearing with Batman.

That new Ad Astra trailer only reaffirms to me that Max Richter would do an absolutely amazing Batman score

Reeves tweeting about listening to the Taxi Driver soundtrack while writing makes me imagine The Batman having a much more restrained, minimalist and atmosphere score than your typical bombastic superhero music.

The sweeping orchestral scores are such a part of most films in the genre, for example the Zimmer score for the Nolan trilogy is a fundamental part of their pacing and flow. I would love for The Batman to instead have a soft, emotional score more along the lines of Unbreakable.

To throw my hat into the ring, I'd love to hear what Benjamin Wallfisch would do. His It soundtrack was honestly pretty underrated in my opinion and he even had a little leitmotif in one piece of music that honestly sounds like the best Batman theme never made. Take a listen to this, at 2:15 and tell me he could not do a great ass Batman theme.

I like Wallfisch so far. Loved his It score, and his contributions on Dunkirk and Bladerunner 2049.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"