Composer for The Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very obvious and I like it mostly due to apes movies. Phenomenal soundtrack in those movies.

Gonna wager in and say I don't mind this choice. Giacchino can make great stuff under the right direction.

Lol at y’all thinking it wasn’t going to be

Love Giacchino so I see this as just more great news. Keep it coming :up:

Not digging that Apes score at all imo

This is the first “casting” choice that I feel a bit of worry about. Hope they craft something special

If this is indeed a detective film noir as all indications seem to be pointing to, I’m hoping for a very darkly moody, somewhat jazzy score to go along with the vibe. Something like the scores for Taxi Driver, Body Heat, Chinatown or LA Confidential.

I am 1.) 100% on board with this choice, and 2.) laughing uproariously at any of you fooling yourselves into thinking Reeves wasn't going to use his most consistent collaborator on this.

Come on, folks.

I've known it was coming and had made my peace with it.

Giacchino isn't my favorite, but I'm genuinely curious to see how he approaches it. He's certainly talented and versatile. His work just has never really moved me thus far, but here's hoping that changes.

war of the planet of the apes theme is phenomenal, giacchino is top 5 movie composer easy

Let's be clear here: There was exactly 0% chance anyone other than Michael Giacchino was going to be the composer for The Batman.

I tend to be dubious of any composer who takes on so much work at a time. I hope he pulls in all his focus on this one, because he's got some huge shoes to fill in Elfman and Zimmer.

I told you guys Giacchino was going to be scoring this movie. There's no way, barring injury or conflicting projects, that Reeves would choose someone else to score his next movie.

Might as well get used to it.

A little disappointing but not surprising. Hopefully it'll have more in common with his work on Apes or even Medal of Honor than his more recent stuff with Marvel. So far his superhero scores have been largely forgettable.

I'm very happy with that one. Giacchino is a hummable new Batman theme waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"