The Dark Knight Comprehensive IMAX prologue descriptions

With the prologue and the latest trailer we have seen a considerable amount of footage. But there are some who have seen more. Those who have seen the ww chicago footage; what did we not see in the trailer and prologue that was in that footage?

With the prologue and the latest trailer we have seen a considerable amount of footage. But there are some who have seen more. Those who have seen the ww chicago footage; what did we not see in the trailer and prologue that was in that footage?

From what I can remember, what was in that footage at WW was Joker getting owned a bit by Batman in the interrogation room(scene in the leaked pics way back when) and the bar scene with Two-Face shot from behind him at a slight angle.

From what I can remember, what was in that footage at WW was Joker getting owned a bit by Batman in the interrogation room(scene in the leaked pics way back when) and the bar scene with Two-Face shot from behind him at a slight angle.

Also the shot of one of Joker's goons with a blinking light coming from his abdomen... :cwink:

Apparently according to some of the people who've seen it, it's the fat guy behind the joker in the empire magazine cover pic.

I was at the WWC footage showing and I was in the front row, yet still I do not remember the fat guy with the blinking stomach (not to say it wasn't there). I do remember a lot with Joker in jail though. It seemed a lot darker and more gritty then. There's one part where he is walking back and forth letting his hands bang against the bars as he walks. That was cool. and of course as my sig quotes there was the infamous two-face teaser.

Can you remember where this was set? In the jail?

The scene with the goon with the bomb in his stomach was in the WW footage, and it does take place in the prison. The scene is also in the casting sides. The goon is the fat guy on the cover of the Empire magazine standing behind the Joker. He's played by a guy named Martin Ballantyne.

I still hope the prologue is extended just a little bit so that some transitional edits are easier to follow (like when Happy is switching between rooms really fast - from being hit to the vault to immediately back in the lobby).

The whole prologue flew by, which was great because the intensity and speed of the robbery fit the pacing, but a little extra shot here and there, like the hostages with grenades in their hands looking at an oddly pacing "Grumpy" would be cool, or something like that so for those of us who have seen it already will still find something new in it. Some of these suggestions would rely, of course, that the footage was already shot and editing was the means to work them in.

I was at the WWC footage showing and I was in the front row, yet still I do not remember the fat guy with the blinking stomach (not to say it wasn't there). I do remember a lot with Joker in jail though. It seemed a lot darker and more gritty then. There's one part where he is walking back and forth letting his hands bang against the bars as he walks. That was cool. and of course as my sig quotes there was the infamous two-face teaser.
Sweet, was there any other clips with joker in it? And I hope the bartender didnt actually say, "I thought you was dead." Lol unless hes a hick or something

thank you for the answer, i was really hoping for a standalone feature that would appear only on IMAX and the dvd later this year. I wanted the movie to start right after the bank robbery

Sweet, was there any other clips with joker in it? And I hope the bartender didnt actually say, "I thought you was dead." Lol unless hes a hick or something

There were several shots of Joker in the holding cell, some of him with his knife up to Rachel at the penthouse suite party, the shot of him with the gun in the trailer, a shot of him laughing maniacally on a television, and some other quick shots of him.

And I think the bartender actually said "I thought you were dead." lol

There were several shots of Joker in the holding cell, some of him with his knife up to Rachel at the penthouse suite party, the shot of him with the gun in the trailer, a shot of him laughing maniacally on a television, and some other quick shots of him.

Ok lol cool, thanks man

As I recall he said 'was'. I made that sig the night I saw the footage so I have to say unless I heard wrong that's exactly what he said.
Yeah I forgot about that scene with Joker in laughing in the cameras face. It looked like a security cam or something and he was holding it and laughing into it really mockingly. I really got the impression that Gordon or Batman was on the other end of that reciever.

just watched the (bootleg) prologue again, and i have to say i cant wait to see this as part of the whole film when TDK comes out :hoboj:

I have seen it and now I can rate it. Ten. Everything was perfect. The music was suitably edgy, the acting was great (Even though some people would diasagree with me here) and Nolan doesn't shy away from the violence. Heath Ledger, from what we saw of him here, was brilliant. The comic way he nods his head when asked if the bank manager is out of bullets, the way he tilts his head after shooting the bank manager (Accompanied by a slight shift in the music) and of course the rougish grin he gives after his "Whatever doesn't kill you" line. You don't like him but at the same time you can't help but respect his guts. Just as The Joker should be. Special praise must also go to William Fichtner who, in a limited role, impresses with his delivery of lines that in other hands would not have worked. I really struggle to find fault with this. Even the masks did not disappoint, the guys who made those deserve a thumbs up too. Absolutely stunning but don't count your eggs just yet. The film is not out for a while and it's too early to tell if Ledger is the real deal or if we've simply been seeing his best side. But, as I said when the trailer hit, I have complete faith in his performance. Just a shame he won't be around to get the credit he sorely deserves.

Question...
is there a continuity error in TDK prologue?
i cant really tell with the both versions i have...

(the position of the gun)
when the bank manager says "THE GUY THAT HIRED YOU..."
and then the next shot we get of him

....................?

Or Could it be that in one version i have... (old version) they had it
but they sent out a new edited version, which is my new version ?

ummm what? send me the link to this new version pm is ur friend

Dude Pm me that version too... I don't remember that line at all

in the version i sent you guys, there seems to be no continuity error but in another version i have, i believe its there

Right watched the first one.. saw no problem... watching the second one now...

You never see the gun in the second one because the bottom of the screen is cut off

yes but then you see, in the next shot, the gun is real close to him...!
see what i mean?

Also in the prologue, when the goons are sliding down the line over the street, you can clearly see the chicago police cars in the background that have closed the street off lol. It might be hard to spot in the bootlegs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"