Superman Returns Concerned about the future of the Superman film frachise? Let WB know how you feel ..

lexlives

Civilian
Reaction score
If you have concerns about the Superman film franchise, if you have doubts about the ability of an SR sequel to be creativelly/financially successful, then you might want to express your thoughts directly to WB. The link below will help you do that:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dvrandy/

There are plenty of reasons for concern about the future of the franchise, but so far quotes attributed to Messrs. Singer, Horn and Robinov suggest their perception is that the lack of action in SR was its only problem and the only thing that need be addressed in a sequel. Hence this whole Wrath of Khan stuff.

But for many, including some supporters of SR, there are other concerns that need to be addressed. Singer seems to have produced himself into a creative box with SR to the point where a sequel will be forced to try to successfully integrate the convoluted story and poor characterizations from SR into a subsequent film with more action and all this on a much smaller budget. Including a need to resolve the messy Lois/Clark/Superman and now Jason quadrangle set-up by SR, but with two actors who do not have a lot of on-screen chemistry/spark together. These are issues that simply throwing in more action won't even begin to resolve.

Its a shaky foundation upon which to try to build a new Superman film franchise. Even some SR supporters sense this - I've seen posts by SR supporters in sequel threads saying that Singer needs to tie up all loose ends in a sequel as there may not be a third film. Hardly a vote of confidence in the foundation laid by SR.

If you've gotten this far you're obviously concerned and/or have doubts so check out the link above and take the time to express yourself to WB.

Cut their losses and restart.

If it were up to me. They should done SR like this way: combine these two stories (listed below) and get rid of the Lois soap opera and cheesy radioactive real estate story.

Explore and expand on the Prometheus speech by Lex in SR. Refer to Azzarello Lex Luthor: Man of Steel
http://www.amazon.com/Lex-Luthor-Steel-Brian-Azzarello/dp/1401204546

Lex Luthor - Man of Steel is a great look inside the mind of Superman's greatest foe and one of the DC Universe's most intriguing and interesting villains. In fact, Brian Azzarello writes this story of Lex Luthor with the goal of showing the complexity of what makes Lex Luthor tick. Azzarello posits the idea of Lex Luthor not being the sociopathic villain whose quest to destroy Superman has become almost Ahab-like in its intensity. No, Luthor in this book is made out to be less a villain but a champion of humanity against what he sees as the stagnating and tyrannical effect of Superman on the human race.

With Joe Kelly's What's so funny about Truth, Justice & the American Way? (Action Comic #775)

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/99143008256605.htm

Superman confronts a league of proactive global defenders known as the Elite, who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty in the pursuit of justice. Their brazen disregard for innocent life, and a willingness to engage in large-scale battles, resulting in extensive collateral damage put them at odds with the Man of Steel, who is equally disturbed at the public’s acceptance of these new heroes. Could it be that the concept and principles of the Man of Steel have grown outdated, causing the need for a new wave of heroes not content to sentence their adversaries to the revolving door of the prison system?? What’s so funny about Truth, Justice, and the American Way??

Fireworks ensue as the new and old collide in this over-sized anniversary issue that succeeds in telling one of the most engrossing and poignant Superman stories in years.

This would have been particular fitting with the influx of superhero films coming out and making Superman relevant again. Just read those two plot outlines again, and now picture the title "Superman Returns". It would have been an amazing film with a very appropriate title. I think they could restart or do a sequel on this plot. It sure as hell beats focusing more "Lois and Jason"

If it were up to me. They should done SR like this way: combine these two stories (listed below) and get rid of the Lois soap opera and cheesy radioactive real estate story.

Explore and expand on the Prometheus speech by Lex in SR. Refer to Azzarello Lex Luthor: Man of Steel

With Joe Kelly's What's so funny about Truth, Justice & the American Way? (Action Comic #775)

This would have been particular fitting with the influx of superhero films coming out and making Superman relevant again. Just read those two plot outlines again, and now picture the title "Superman Returns". It would have been an amazing film with a very appropriate title. I think they could restart or do a sequel on this plot. It sure as hell beats focusing more "Lois and Jason"

Great plot concepts. Amd focusing more on Jason is what will happen in a Singer sequel. I have absolutely no interest in that. Didn't Singer say at the DVD launch party the kid would have more of a role in the sequel.

Great plot concepts. Amd focusing more on Jason is what will happen in a Singer sequel. I have absolutely no interest in that. Didn't Singer say at the DVD launch party the kid would have more of a role in the sequel.
Is that going to be the "action" of the sequel? Superman in a fist fight with his bastard son?

Is that going to be the "action" of the sequel? Superman in a fist fight with his bastard son?

Cute. Sadly, to the extent the focus expands on Jason in a Singer sequel it diminishes on Superman - as in doing super thinks and using his powers.

The kid is a big part of the creative box SR has written itself into. And Singer just not dpes not get it if he is indeed serious about expanding the kid's screentime. Audiences do not want that. Singer does not seem to get it or, if he does. does not seem to care.

Cute. Sadly, to the extent the focus expands on Jason in a Singer sequel it diminishes on Superman - as in doing super thinks and using his powers.

The kid is a big part of the creative box SR has written itself into. And Singer just not dpes not get it if he is indeed serious about expanding the kid's screentime. Audiences do not want that. Singer does not seem to get it or, if he does. does not seem to care.

Singer get it, He just does not care. Good luck!

I'm concerned for it, but posting my worries in this forum will get me nowhere... you want a possibility that Singer will hear, post this at BlueTights.net

I'm concerned about some of the poeple who post here

^^ I'm with you two, but for different reasons.

Edit: Reread through the thread.

You guys can form the Fantastic 3.

Very nice and exactly what I expect from Superman in todays times. An adult story focusing on the whole hero aspect and how it influences humanity and furher more the politics of the world. Mixed with scenes with Clark and Lois reporting about the backlash to Superman's actions. Done. :super:

Untill Peters and Co. realise how wrong they still are, I'm not supporting this project any longer. :down

You're not supporting it? Now where are they gonna get the money

Very nice and exactly what I expect from Superman in todays times. An adult story focusing on the whole hero aspect and how it influences humanity and furher more the politics of the world. Mixed with scenes with Clark and Lois reporting about the backlash to Superman's actions. Done. :super:

Untill Peters and Co. realise how wrong they still are, I'm not supporting this project any longer. :down

You can help TPTB realize how wrong it is by writing WB. l

Except for the fact that they didn't do anything wrong.

That is a non-starter and let me start with WB's Horn acknowleging back In August that there was not enough action in SR for the young male demo. Nothimg wrong? Hardly.

I'm concerned for it, but posting my worries in this forum will get me nowhere... you want a possibility that Singer will hear, post this at BlueTights.net
lexlives was banned on BT.net. justin doest ban people just like that. but lexlives is different.

lexlives was banned on BT.net. justin doest ban people just like that. but lexlives is different.

Because he doesn't stop hammering everyone over the head non-stop with his beliefs....Sooner or later, an entire forums says, 'Okay. We get it.' But, he doesn't care. He thinks he somehow opening everyone's eyes to some type of correctness he believes he sees.

I'm all for, if you don't like something....don't waste money on it. Write letters, be active, don't just sit there and complain. I'm all for that. But this whole, 'I'm gonna spin EVERYTHING' till people just start believing me crap gets old fast.

Because he doesn't stop hammering everyone over the head non-stop with his beliefs....Sooner or later, an entire forums says, 'Okay. We get it.' But, he doesn't care. He thinks he somehow opening everyone's eyes to some type of correctness he believes he sees.

I'm all for, if you don't like something....don't waste money on it. Write letters, be active, don't just sit there and complain. I'm all for that. But this whole, 'I'm gonna spin EVERYTHING' till people just start believing me crap gets old fast.

Only problem with that argument is that it did not work both ways back in the day on BT - before release of the film. I know now there are a lot more negative posts on BT re: SR than before the film was out so I am talking last Jaunuary- June.

One instance, I posted many times at BTN that there were all kinds of indications there would not be a lot of action in SR. The owner of that site said I was wrong and finally did indeed ban me as he said something like I was spreading incorrect info on the film and he would not allow me to do that on his site. Which, to be sure, is his perogative.

Also posted many times Routh did not have the acting chops, the marketing was bad at best, the kid was Superman's (the owner of BTN tried to finesse that a little too long for my taste) and a lot more stuff. Oh yeah, I predicted way back that SR would make only around 200 million. .

What was I supposed to do - sit back and say nothing knowing a Superman film w/o action would not deliver - either to fans or at the BO. My loyalty was and is to Superman and the mythos - not to Singer or WB or whomever. If I get banned I get banned. I am not going to tell you the sky is green when it is blue. Bottom line for me.

The rest is history folks. The owner of BT was essentially proved wrong on that and a number of other things. He should have gotten it right as supposedly he was privy to info "naysayers" like myself were not.

Maybe I said those things too many times but that was not the problem. Sites such as BTN should have been advocates for the fans and not mouthpieces for WB and/or Singer. JMHO

With all due respect Pickle-El, the only one really doing any hammering at that time on BTN was the owner of the site. And if anyone was "spinning it" it was the owner of BTN. That is clear now in hindsight.

would you restart "VOICE"?
and didn't you say that if singer mistreat the characters, the kid is indeed superman's and has power, you would do something radical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"