Constantine General Discussion Thread - Part 1

You know, honestly, I'd prefer Constantine to crossover with Supernatural if CW does indeed pick it up.

You know, honestly, I'd prefer Constantine to crossover with Supernatural if CW does indeed pick it up.

v8ccqht.jpg

DC would have ****fits if anyone tried to make a crossover between Constantine and anything not owned by DC.

Not to mention Supernatural is in heavy decline from a ratings standpoint. I don't watch the show but a lot of people say it's suffering creatively as well.

Best thing would be to have Constainte crossover with Flash and Arrow as they are both popular, then build the return of his own season up.

Best thing would be to have Constainte crossover with Flash and Arrow as they are both popular, then build the return of his own season up.

Doesn't mean it HAS to be done. For John to interact with capes, it has to be done in vein of the pre-Vertigo years of 1985-1992 & Injustice Year Three otherwise you get shoddy hackneyed writing like the New 52 which Berlanti and Guggenheim revel in.

Besides, Swamp Thing interacts with them more than John barely did anyway

There isn't a lot to be gained crossing over with a dying show, even if it were feasible.

I know, but still. We've seen Sam and Dean cross dimensions thanks to the Angels, maybe do that with Constantine.

Again not how it works unless its Wold Newton Day or you writing a fanfic

Doesn't sound like CW is going to pick this up, can't say I'm surprised. I think this is the end. :csad:

Doesn't mean it HAS to be done. For John to interact with capes, it has to be done in vein of the pre-Vertigo years of 1985-1992 & Injustice Year Three otherwise you get shoddy hackneyed writing like the New 52 which Berlanti and Guggenheim revel in.

Besides, Swamp Thing interacts with them more than John barely did anyway

Well just to get his own show recognition it would be worth doing in my eyes.

Doesn't sound like CW is going to pick this up, can't say I'm surprised. I think this is the end. :csad:

Is there official news on this or is it just stuff you have heard? If true, its a real shame.

Netflix (highly unlikely), Amazon Studios, CW Seed, Machinima... basically all the online platforms. It's certainly not coming back to TV anytime soon.

The biggest barrier to any online platform, especially something like CW Seed or Machinima, is budget. I just don't think WB will spend the money for such weak exposure.

Yeah the tweet seems to be deleted
It said:

Despite ongoing talks I’m told things are not looking up for #Constantine at CW. Don’t have details. Feeling wrecked about it. #Hellblazers

He deleted that tweet but Daniel Cerone said talk's were on going with CW but it doesn't loo good. Paraphrasing here guy's.

I think this is it for the show. Goodbye Constantine it was nice knowing ya. :csad:

At least I got to see a legit version of Constantine finally.

Why is everyone acting like the CW was the ONLY option when it damn well isn't (licensing fee or not)?

One down, eight other options to go

Because, as much as you clearly hate the CW, it's also the most likely option.

CW president Mark Pedowitz laughed off rumors about Constantine moving to the CW saying, "There’s also a rumor around that I will go play in the NBA."
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...missed-supernatural-could-run-forever/404077/

The show was never under serious consideration at CW, and honestly, Cerone is a *****ebag for continuing to string fans along like this.

This show was dead when NBC didn't order a back nine and cut the extra scripts they ordered. No fall show has ever returned from something like that happening, and he knew that. He was just keeping his name in the news.

Sad, sad day.

Damn, really sad news, this show was getting really good toward the end and I was looking forward to more adventures, and more Zed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"