The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread - Part 1

I've never EVER heard anything about Kara being Daniel modified. Doesn't matter though. Show is over and that's nothing but a theory

I haven't heard that theory either. Clearly she wasn't an altered Daniel in season 4. Corporeal Cylons don't just disappear into thin air in a wide open field. She was either an angel/ghost/messenger/guide type thing or something similar to Head Six and Head Baltar.

Last edited:
Ya know, I would say that Starbuck was probably like a physical manifestation of the one true god. Of course, it's all Kara. Her memories, feelings, it was her. But still like she was an avatar of the one true god or something. And once her purpose was served she just disappeared because her real body was already dead. Like she was spirit made flesh

The Daniel cylon was kind of pointless then. I don't think RDM knew what he was doing when it came to Starbuck. Just like "the plan" which was improvised later on. The other producer said they just added "and they have a plan" because it sounded cool. They came up with "the plan" later, which is why it seemed kind of...not really much of a plan.

I think the same thing happened with Starbuck. They had a cool thing going and had absolutely no explanation so they left it up to "God" or "an angel"... because that makes so much sense. Well it doesn't, but when it's "God" or "an angel" it doesn't have to make sense. It's just magic. That's the only thing about the finale I didn't like. I don't think there's any reason she can't have a cylon connection to Daniel and also be an "angel" or whatever. Explaining why she's so important to begin with.

Maybe real Starbuck had a relation to him whereas S4 Starbuck was a messenger incarnation. She still had the memories of real Starbuck did she not? Up until after they got to Earth 2...when she suddenly knew she was on a mission.

You're just gonna go around in circles bro. You can interpret it however you want but I've never once heard of any evidence of a connection between Kara and Daniel. Daniel wasn't pointless, he was an example of Cavil's envy and th lengths he was willing to go to. They make it clear in the series that "God" was orchestrating everything. Everything that happened was basically his grand plan for humanity. An endless cycle. I mean, angels are in every season. It's clear that Six isn't just in Baltar's head. Wanna know a bigger plot hole IMO? How did Cavil do what he did to Daniel and The Five without a single one of the other cylinder models not only not knowing about his actions but he somehow kept the identities of The Five away from the other models for what? 50 years? How did only Cavil know about them in the first place? He was number one sure but Leoben was 2 and D'eanna was 3, why didn't they already know The Five? If Cavil destroyed the entire Daniel line then why didn't models 2-6 know about any of this? It could be explained away simply with some kind of boxing or mindwipe but still, food for thought.

I thought the whole last season was pretty brutal they did the classic sci-fi/mystery shows problem. They brought up all these questions that they built up to massive proportions and when it came time to answer to me came up as flat.

Forgive me but I hate when God is the answer to a questions on a sci-fi show its like really? Maybe writers think thats clever somehow like" haha we tricked you into thinking its strictly a scifi show". However all it really does is make me roll my eyes in disappointment.

I don't see the problem with that aspect though. It's made abundantly clear from the get go this was a show with a very deep spiritual sensibility to it and it maintained that theme from beginning to end. I honestly don't see what people expected from the finale. What needs explaining aside from Kara?

I didn't need anything else explained. The cylon connection to Kara woulda been nice. I'm gonna pretend that's what is what since nothing directly says it's not per se. I also don't like that "god did it". I mean if they went out of their way to make "god" appear more...interesting than the "god" we know on Earth then I wouldn't have a problem. Like the Prophets in DS9...I had no problem with their powers and what they did. But it's not the biggest deal...since it's so ambiguous.

Another question...because I've been rewatching I only got to S3 just now and seeing the final five all together is driving my memories of season 4 to the forefront. Were the final five literally the same exact physical people from Earth or were they reincarnated?? Because I thought Adama said something to Tigh that he knew him for longer than Cylons were even around.

Last edited:
Oh man, ok. The were resurrected when Earth fell thousands of years in the past. When Adama made that remark Tigh said something along the lines of "Turns out there's another kind of cylon we didn't know about" The Five aged I guess, wasn't really explained. But The Five died when Earth was destroyed and downloaded onto their ship in orbit. Then they traveled at subluminal speeds for thousands of years until they came upon the colonies. That's why I get pissed off about Caprica's cancellation. They were planning on having Zoe stumble through intersecting V-worlds until she came upon Tyrol who gives her a fishing lurer encoded with the formula needed for humans to overcome the uncanny valley and finally develop machines capable of supporting consciousness ie skin jobs

Sigh...maybe they can make it on Netflix... how about we start a kickstarter? I wanna watch Caprica soon. I remember watching the first few episodes and it was good but I fell off the wagon. I heard it was a good bunch of episodes near the end.

As it usually goes, the last few episodes were better but it was too late by then to save the series. This can be said of a lot of shows that try too hard in the beginning to do something different or build up some great mystery, make a grandiose entrance, etc and fumble on it only to gain their footing just as the network cancels them.

I loved Caprica from the start. I thought it was amazing and honestly if it had lived I believe it would've surpassed BSG in terms of great storytelling. There's never really been anything ever quite like Caprica. It was just such a beautiful addition to the BSG legacy. My one complaint only was the whole thing with William Adama. That stuff was just kinda silly, the way they did it. I even liked the cylon dance scene with Zoe. It really showed how different the show was trying to be. I honestly didn't really dig it too much when they started trying to incorporate more and more space oriented stuff. God! It was just too damn good. Uggghhhh I don't even like thinking about anymore lol

I adored the last episode of Caprica, I wish it wasn't cancelled...

Yep. It got cancelled just when it was starting to pick up steam...

So apparently today is the 10th anniversary?

EW put out an article talking disparagingly about the BSG finale today and I don't care one bit for it. :argh:

EW should spend less time trashing good shows and more time improving their ****** photoshopped magazine covers.

Presumably those responsibilities fall to two different departments, but yes, I agree. :o

I didn't like the finale or the entire final season for that matter. All the seasons leading up to it were excellent though.

What with the movie that Universal has talked about doing and it being unrelated and a reboot of the property and with Blood and Chrome and Caprica's failures I doubt we will get another show connected to Syfy's BSG. The version of BSG we love is done.:(

I myself pre-ordered the classic BSG which is coming to Blu for the first time, I've never seen it before and I know it won't be like this series but maybe it will be fun?

I may try to watch the original series. I remember as a kid the only time I watched it was by mistake. I would turn the TV on thinking Buck Rogers was on and being disappointed that it was actually BSG.

Ugh, why do you guys bring up this thread and torture me so?! I miss this universe so much I could cry.

I myself pre-ordered the classic BSG which is coming to Blu for the first time, I've never seen it before and I know it won't be like this series but maybe it will be fun?

Season 1 and 2 are Ok but BSG 1980 isn't very good ( read bad ).
It looks dated of course but there is a charm to the old effects ( made by John Dykstra using the tech he developed for Star Wars ). The Vipers still look good and the old Cylon are classics.

Edit : a good site breaking down everything related to BSG ( and other stuff ) http://popapostle.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"