The Battlestar Galactica and Caprica Discussion Thread - Part 1

BSG was my all time fav show. And yes, I loved the ending in particular how it correlated to the visions with the music and such. I thought it was brilliant & moving. When it ended, it left a void. And the acting in this series was impressive

Considering Universal is planning to reboot the property with a movie I doubt we will ever get a sequel series.

Seems like it's kind of been relegated to development hell though hasn't it?

Yeah, it's something that's been talked about for years. Probably started not long after BSG ended.

Seems like it's kind of been relegated to development hell though hasn't it?

No, Variety reported last year that things were moving on the movie.

Universal is ramping up a movie version of the sci-fi franchise “Battlestar Galactica,” aiming to develop the film as a complete reimagining of the story.

“Transcendence” writer Jack Paglen has signed on to write the screenplay. Paglen has also committed to Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus” sequel for Fox that will start production this fall.

Original series creator Glen Larson will produce the “Battlestar Galactica” film.

In 2009, speculation emerged that Bryan Singer was attached to direct a “Battlestar Galactica” movie.

Universal’s exec VP of production Scott Bernstein and director of development Jay Polidoro are overseeing the latest version of “Battlestar Galactica” for the studio.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/battlestar-galactica-movie-gets-new-life-at-universal-exclusive-1201153687/

A reimagining doesn't make sense. BSG has already been reimagined. They should go the other way. Go back to the sort of bright, adventurous Star Wars-ripoffy kind of space opera the old show used to be.

A reimagining doesn't make sense. BSG has already been reimagined. They should go the other way. Go back to the sort of bright, adventurous Star Wars-ripoffy kind of space opera the old show used to be.

When they say reimagining they probably just mean different premise and story than what we got in the R D Moore series. Glen Larson is involved so he may go back to the more light hearted space opera approach of his original series.

There are missing scenes in a few episodes on Netflix.

Are Netflix showing the original broadcast versions which were later extended for DVD and BluRay?

Or have these episodes been cut for some reason?

Last edited:
Never known Netflix to intentionally censor or edit their content.

There are missing scenes in a few episodes on Netflix.

Are Netflix showing the original broadcast versions which were later extended for DVD and BluRay?

Or have these episodes been cut for some reason?

Netflix is probably airing the original broadcast versions. They may not have the rights to stream the extended episodes. Im pretty sure that when it was on Netflix in the US it only had the original broadcast episodes.

At least you have BSG on netflix. Here in the States it was removed from netflix 2 or 3 years ago. All we have is the crappy original series.

Last edited:
Never known Netflix to intentionally censor or edit their content.

Netflix do not cut or alter anything.

What I meant was the studio that owns Battlestar Galactica decided with versions Netflix got and I'm just wondering are these the broadcast or DVD versions.

Netflix is probably airing the original broadcast versions. They may not have the rights to stream the extended episodes. Im pretty sure that when it was on Netflix in the US it only had the original broadcast episodes.

At least you have BSG on netflix. Here in the States it was removed from netflix 2 or 3 years ago. All we have is the crappy original series.

:cwink:

I'm not complaining :yay:. I was just wondering which version it was and when the extended cuts first appeared. I googled it but had one sources saying the extended version was broadcast and another saying it was first on DVD.

I watched the miniseries and half of season 1 when the first showed on TV but fell behind and lost the recordings. Only started watching it properly last year but enjoyed it so much that I didn't want it to be over so took my time* only got to Daybreak a couple of weeks ago.

* I don't binge watch anyway. If I like a show, I prefer to have it last. :)

The original is great fun.:yay:

I would love for the show to go back to the original form. The newer one was way too dark and whiny. It lost the optimistic vision of the original series, although I loved the look of the show. Basically, give me the original series with the 2003 look and with a waaay better ending!

And yes, RIP Commander Hatch. You have jumped way beyond the Red Line. May you find many wonders there...

I would love for the show to go back to the original form. The newer one was way too dark and whiny. It lost the optimistic vision of the original series, although I loved the look of the show. Basically, give me the original series with the 2003 look and with a waaay better ending!

And yes, RIP Commander Hatch. You have jumped way beyond the Red Line. May you find many wonders there...

................... 'kay.

Jumped in the car this morning and stuck in an old SD card with MP3s I have which I came across last night when doing some tidying in my house. This came on, and took me right back to the finale :( ............. such a haunting and memorable piece of music

https://youtu.be/WSYPYq9D_No

[YT]9c2ZJPKz5u8[/YT]

[YT]H4hSkWmxHrA[/YT]

[YT]4EQXEIoZrZE[/YT]

Cast reunion at the ATX festival tonight.

DB_09zrUAAAiRm8.jpg

DB_09ztUQAAbiQP.jpg

DB_09ycUwAEoNoR.jpg

DB_09ydUIAAtiMa.jpg

Last edited:
Cast reunion happening at SDCC too.

I re watched BSG for the first time since the final as well as some of ST:Voyager ep to waste time.
Anyway, Ellen Tigh was in VOY s05e04.

Edit random thoughts, I still don't like the actress or how she acted as/for Prez Roslin. Same with Ellen Tigh, she was the same drunk as Ellen and as a Final Five. Baltar got a bit annoying after a time ( I had forgot that ). The space battles filmed as if they were old school plane to plane dogfight and ship to ship cannoning at each other are still great, may I say awesome.

Last edited:
Hello.

I watched BSG for the first time last month and I'm on my 1st rewatch of the series. Question is where have i been the last 15 years ? Lol. This show was great. It was the kind of show that was definitely missing in my life. I enjoyed it from start to finish. And will watch it again and again.

And im not ready for another re imagine version or whatever they do.

My fave characters are Six and Gaius. Besides them, Starbucks, Lee and their relationship to William Adama.

7be56914af80659c2da71f568c72a5ee.jpg aPl7SY.jpg 2487e5d1f0b0417d9ff6f2654f8ddf6eaab78752.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"