Constantine General Discussion Thread - Part 1

If it's a choice between the show coming back on CW or not at all it would be CW every time for me. I don't care what network it goes on as long as it comes back.

If it's a choice between the show coming back on CW or not at all it would be CW every time for me. I don't care what network it goes on as long as it comes back.

So would you be happy with Brad Buckner becoming Cerone's successor only for him to drive the show into the ground like he did with True Blood and his writing in SPN this season? Or Berlanti and Guggenheim so their writers can screw up Zed or any of John's girlfriends plus the meaningless forced crossovers?

No offense, I'll take any network but the CW. Hell, I'll beg Geoff Johns into getting in touch with Big Finish to make audios to continue the show at that compacity

Last edited:
So would you be happy with Brad Buckner becoming Cerone's successor only for him to drive the show into the ground like he did with True Blood and his writing in SPN this season? Or Berlanti and Guggenheim so their writers can screw up Zed or any of John's girlfriends plus the meaningless forced crossovers?

No offense, I'll take any network but the CW. Hell, I'll beg Geoff Johns into getting in touch with Big Finish to make audios to continue the show at that compacity

As someone from the UK, no it doesn't bother me, as I do t know the politics that go on with US networks. Plus, Arrow and especially The Flash are doing just fine on CW.

Mate if it's the CW or nothin'? I'll take the CW. And I'm sure Cerone will stay on as showrunner or in some capacity.

Mate if it's the CW or nothin'? I'll take the CW. And I'm sure Cerone will stay on as showrunner or in some capacity.

Exactly, I would rather have the show continue than not, no matter what network it's on.

CW have Supernatural which has borrowed a number of elements from Constantine over the years. Constantine would be somewhat redundant on CW while they have Supernatural on air.

If CW was ending Supernatural then Constantine would make a good replacement but CW renewed Supernatural for an eleventh season.

Another thing against Constantine being on CW is the cast. CW generally goes for young attractive leads for its demographic which isn't exactly the current cast of Constantine. Unless they are cool with adding a few hot model twenty somethings and a few love triangles they may find themselves out of luck.

CW have Supernatural which has borrowed a number of elements from Constantine over the years. Constantine would be somewhat redundant on CW while they have Supernatural on air.

If CW was ending Supernatural then Constantine would make a good replacement but CW renewed Supernatural for an eleventh season.

Another thing against Constantine being on CW is the cast. CW generally goes for young attractive leads for its demographic which isn't exactly the current cast of Constantine. Unless they are cool with adding a few hot model twenty somethings and a few love triangles they may find themselves out of luck.

Only 2 or 3 elements lets not act like they pillaged the whole 300 issue library.

Still, all the more reason I prefer anyone but the CW so the show won't have to make compromises to adjust to the CW demo

my hopes are for AMC. they're already bringing another vertigo adaptation in with preacher.

I'm good for most stations as long as it's not Fox. They butcher good programs, cancel what they can't destroy and I just generally hate them all around.

As for CW I'm not crazy about having it interact with other DC shows but considering how much they've already had cross overs with other notable DC characters (soon to be Specter, Felix Faust, ect.) I don't see it being that bad a thing.

I'd just like to see it come back as it was already moving away from it's monster of the week thing all these shows do for a while and showing an overview of the world we're supposed to expect to see. The monster of the week thing they do usually takes shows a few seasons to get past *coughSmallvillecough*. That and William Shatner is a fan and volunteered to guest star! That would make amazing ratings alone and draw in tons of new viewers.

FX, AMC or Netflix would be ideal

personally, i don't want Constantine on CW

I'm good for most stations as long as it's not Fox. They butcher good programs, cancel what they can't destroy and I just generally hate them all around.

As for CW I'm not crazy about having it interact with other DC shows but considering how much they've already had cross overs with other notable DC characters (soon to be Specter, Felix Faust, ect.) I don't see it being that bad a thing.

I'd just like to see it come back as it was already moving away from it's monster of the week thing all these shows do for a while and showing an overview of the world we're supposed to expect to see. The monster of the week thing they do usually takes shows a few seasons to get past *coughSmallvillecough*. That and William Shatner is a fan and volunteered to guest star! That would make amazing ratings alone and draw in tons of new viewers.

Yeah. Outside of them actually giving a crap about Sleepy Hollow after the mess Mark Goffman pulled and finally grew a pair to axe American Idol, they still ain't ****.

Fox should really consider a Lucifer and Constantine shows for a back to back time slot. It would work just as long as it's not on Friday night's.

Fox should really consider a Lucifer and Constantine shows for a back to back time slot. It would work just as long as it's not on Friday night's.

It'd be hilarious as it as sublime to see John get more ratings than Lucifer*

*Yes, im still not fond of the changes Kapinos made just for the show and not one word from Gaiman will make me think otherwise about it.

What about Showtime? Although they already have Penny Dreadful, Constantine might fit very good there.

I can see it working because like Constantine, Lucifer is a niche group of fans so it it doesn't surprise me they tinkered with it for TV. There aint many who read Sandman and his own self titled book who will be complaining to the networks they ruined the book.

https://variety.com/2015/tv/news/constantine-arrow-season-4-crossover-possibility-1201492462/

“Arrow” showrunner Marc Guggenheim admitted that “there’s a lot of desire on everyone’s part” to bring the character into the shared DC TV universe he created with Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti, telling Variety, “It would be wonderful and we certainly have a million ideas — it’s hard for me to say mainly because A: it’s not my decision to make and B: with ‘Constantine’ being shopped around to other networks… it’s really hard to make plans when a show’s kind of in limbo.”

Well, just bringing John into one of the existing Arrowverse shows would be a nice consolation prize if nobody revives the show itself.

Yes ultimately if Constantine doesn't get picked up for season 2 that would be a nice consolation prize. Would be a damn shame if Spectre wasn't included. All the heroes should retire if Jim Corrigan came on to the show.:funny:

**** that! Knowing Guggenheim and co, they'd give us the awful New 52 of John.

Season 2 or none at all

Put him on Flash then. That show is more Johns/Kreisberg/Berlanti. Guggenheim is barely involved as far as I know.

Beggars can't be choosers. Again, it's extremely unlikely that this show gets saved. In view of that, it's either put him in the Arrowverse or say goodbye to Ryan's interpretation of the character.

As a watcher of Arrow and Flash I would love to see him on either, plus you never know, more people being introduced to the character could mean more chance of a network picking it up.

It would be better to allow Daniel Cerone (earlier producer) to make a mini series for CW, just to see how it does on CW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"