Cops, 40 minutes to respond to daycare incident

The respose time is a result of poor managment. You blame the management. But like I said if a cop had responded off duty they could have put their job at risk. Yes, I know you are supposed to put others before yourself, but it is still a job, and they have to keep that job to support themselves and their family. I don't blame the cops for what happened. I blame whoever made that shift schedule. Someone up the food chain dropped the ball.

Speaking of response times, there are some areas around where I live so far out in BFE that response time is an hour or more. If you live in these areas and get into a situation where you need an ambulance you are up **** creek. I used to go out there when I was young and dumb and thank god a crazy hitchhiker didn't get me and that I didn't have an accident. Its like being on an island.

That's not the case here. The Learning Experience of Boyton Beach is right off of two major highways, Boyton Beach blvd, and the Florida Turnpike, and is surrounded by a heavily populated suburban community.

I wouldn't assume anything. Just like I wouldn't assume this guy meant "I'm going to kidnap the children" when he said "God told me to take the children".

tumblr_me090pk4HW1r76lino1_500.gif

I don't think The Guard is coming back, not to this thread anyway :D

I can't think of a single innocent explanation for "God told me to take the children." Best case scenario is "I want to kidnap these children but give them back." Worse case scenario is "I am going to kill your kids." Either way its a priority.

When it comes time to elect a new Sheriff in Palm Beach County the public needs to be reminded of this. Is there no staggering of shifts to prevent stuff like this from happening? Is it not already a rule that a deputy does not go off of duty until his replacement is in place?

40 minute response to this is awful and completely unacceptable.

If anyone is ever on the losing end of an argument with the Guard (I know, unlikely scenario) just link this thread. BOOM... Instant win!

I can't think of a single innocent explanation for "God told me to take the children." Best case scenario is "I want to kidnap these children but give them back." Worse case scenario is "I am going to kill your kids." Either way its a priority.

:up:

I was thinking about this thread yesterday at work. A customer at work suffered an apparent stroke and we called 911. It took them a good 20-25 minutes for the paramedics to show up. I was like, "It must be a shift change."

It's a good thing you are typing on the internet...because it must be awful hard to talk with both feet in your mouth.

The job of the police is to arrive as quickly as possible when notified of dangerous situations...not to wait around and decide later if that situation could have possibly maybe become one.

An adult male who is not on the approved pickup list arriving at a school, gaining access to it, and announcing that God had sent him to pick up the kids...is a potentially dangerous situation. If you are saying you do not see this...then you have worse problems that that guy did....or are trolling...which is pretty much covered by last statement anyway.

The cops could very well have been busy...BUT....when they are told just months after a crazy person killed 21 kids at a school that a man has entered a school and announced that God had sent him to get the kids...then, you become unbusy very very fast. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can figure out what calls need immediate attention and what calls can be put off for a little bit.

Cat stuck in tree....it can wait.
Someone calls 911 because their pizza was delivered cold....it can wait.
The neighbors music is too loud....it can wait.
Unauthorized unknown man entered school and announced that God had sent him to pick up the kids...you get your ass there as soon as possible.

this,exactly. and "God told him to take the kids" could just as easily mean to take them away in the respect of taking them to God, i.e. killing them.

It is a pretty shiftless thing to say. If I was the receptionist at the day-care I'd try to shift the conversation to something more pleasant.

the ultimate thing here,that Guard isn't getting:

whether the man did or did not intend to harm,kill,or kidnap the children is irrelevant. he entered a school where he had no children,or children he was related to,enrolled in and made what any sane person would consider a veiled threat. doesn't matter what his intentions were. demanding to take children that were not his anywhere,whether he intended to or not, is clearly at least a verbal threat and needed to be dealt with immediately.

I was thinking about this thread yesterday at work. A customer at work suffered an apparent stroke and we called 911. It took them a good 20-25 minutes for the paramedics to show up. I was like, "It must be a shift change."

0f4c55f1-8db4-4910-8ba3-ae88aeabcb08_zpsb37e78e5.jpg

Oh God, we're going to bring gun rights into this now? I'm suddenly nostalgic for The Guard's nonsense.

No. No, we're not. Let's just stop that line of discussion right now.

My town does't even have a cop. The town 5 miles down is smaller and they have one.

As for that, the patient had a DNR. It's not a great thing to say but they were right to refuse to revive. Lawsuits have been filed due to breaking that request. Also the video won't play in my area. had to read the comments for info.

I was going to start a new thread but this seems like a good place to drop this. http://gma.yahoo.com/video/gma-911-dispatcher-pleads-nurse-080000658.html

As for that, the patient had a DNR. It's not a great thing to say but they were right to refuse to revive. Lawsuits have been filed due to breaking that request. Also the video won't play in my area. had to read the comments for info.

Why did the nurse even call 911 if the woman had a DNR? That was stupid. The staff could have simply moved her back to her room or to a treatment area.

According to reports, she did not have a DNR or at least the ones I read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"