Could And Should We Make A Rule On This?

blu tac you've been guilty of it too

ComicChick, you're not supposed to be posting in this thread unless you're planning on posting a pic age 13 or above :p

blu tac you've been guilty of it too

Yeah when I was new and hadn't had time to learn about these things, I'm not trying to start a vendetta, I just think when you are too new you can't make a decent thread. :o

well I agree that this particular poster should be reprimanded, as well as any other Hype accounts he/she has under the same IP address but sometimes n00bs are just n00bs to us . . .

i would vote in favor of a 100 minimum posts before starting a thread

newthreadcat.gif

You miss the point, his posts are not to amuse you or others (although they may). They are to amuse himself. In such situations reprimands and bans with also only amuse said poster. Better to ignore.

He has done it again. :cmad: and the other annoying thing is , if handled correctly it could of been a decent topic.

I think there should be a rule made on this. Some people just go making threads on a whim about the stupidest crap...

No, there shouldn't be a rule. Some seasoned posters start dumb threads. It's just the way it is. Mods can use their discretion about closing any thread, if warranted.

I would also vote for a 100 post minimum . . .

When i was pretty new here, i made a name that tune thread that still comes back to haunt me, that thread was awesome.

As I am sure you guys have noticed, this evening the community forum has been flooded with pointless threads made by one new Hypster who shall remain nameless, but it has made me think should we make it so you can't make threads until you have a certain number of posts? personally I would suggest this number would be 300, but what do you guys think?

Whose name is very fitting ;)

No. Yeah people make some pretty stupid threads, but I mean are you helping by posting in that thread? Just ignore it.

Here's the answer:

Nobody should be able ot make more than a certain amount of threads in one day. So, maybe a maximum of three threads per day (or whatever you think).

Perhaps with every thousandth post, you get to make an extra one a day. So, if you have under one thousand posts, then 3 new threads per day. When you reach a thousand posts, you get 4 new threads per day, two thousand posts equals 5 threads per day.

Not ALL newbs are idiots. Just get the mods to deal with it or let it go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"